Speculation The hysterically annoying, and totally unfounded, but traditional, January 2024 rumours thread.

So you would sell your playmaker (ignoring Fatawu and Doyle both of which are inferior to KDH in the position KDH plays) and replace him with Sensi who we haven’t signed yet, let alone seen him kick a ball?
I understand what BN is saying. Whether you rate KDH or not is a matter of opinion. Whether he wants to move is another factor. Whether finances dictate things like this happening is another factor.

None of us know the true answer to the last two points and ultimately they’ll be the things that dictate what happens the most.

As I understand it you can only lose (about, I’ve not looked it up) £115 million over three seasons.

If we were at £123 million after season two it can’t be beyond the realms of possibility that with sales (around £80 million) that we are about net zero if we lost half of what we did over the past two seasons.

£123 million plus £62 million minus £80 million gives £105 million?

Any pay offs for **** chops and his mates would surely be atomised over the remainder of his contract?

There’s no point pissing your pants about it and selling your best player and risking promotion further and then adding to your financial decline? That would be FM24 drivel wouldn’t it?

I deliberately haven't attempted to predict what the accounts will say because there are so many variables but I'm sure that 'atomising' them would be the preferred choice of our accountants.

However, just a couple of points. What about all the transfer fees we owe on players signed before 2022? In our last accounts we still owed over £50m to other clubs. And what about the loans with Macquarie that were made against our PL TV income through to 2025?

The two examples of players sold - Fofana and Maddison - are also not simple ones. Both included substantial fees payable to their previous clubs when we sold them. We were still amortising the payments for them in our accounts too. The net profit from the deals are not what they seem. We've also taken out additional loans to cover the income from these transfers that won't be received for years. Our interest repayments on debts alone were over £15m in our last accounts.

I deliberately haven't attempted to predict what the accounts will say because there are so many variables but I'm sure that 'atomising' them would be the preferred choice of our accountants.

However, just a couple of points. What about all the transfer fees we owe on players signed before 2022? In our last accounts we still owed over £50m to other clubs. And what about the loans with Macquarie that were made against our PL TV income through to 2025?

The two examples of players sold - Fofana and Maddison - are also not simple ones. Both included substantial fees payable to their previous clubs when we sold them. We were still amortising the payments for them in our accounts too. The net profit from the deals are not what they seem. We've also taken out additional loans to cover the income from these transfers that won't be received for years. Our interest repayments on debts alone were over £15m in our last accounts.
Amortising is what I tried to type, auto correct has the better of me.

I can’t argue with some of it but my point is that surely LCFC has accountants that have studied our situation over the FFP period and ensured we would report within the required figure?

I find it staggering that we wouldn’t “manipulate” the figures within the rules to ensure we comply.

Whether KDH wants to leave isn’t my problem, my problem is seeing people willingly happy to sell a player that they fail to see their value to the team and constantly roll out last season as an example of poor performance when this season is surely a better barometer of how a player is performing and therefore a players value.

I’ve not heard or read of a single pundit who doesn’t rate KDH as a PL midfielder. The criticism only seems to manifest on here and mainly when people fail to see that overall he has been our best player bar the odd off game when he could have done better.

People criticise his last performance against Ipswich but fail to contextualise that he hadn’t trained for a week and was perhaps carrying his knock still.

Much easier to say he was shit and ensure players are either brilliant or shit, when, as the rest of us, can have an off day in a season that so far, he has played in excess of 20 games.

As I said, people are delusional. Living in cloud cuckoo land where everything is fine and dandy and we can sign who we want and keep who we want. FM24 drivel.

Let me set out the basic figures. Before the horror of last season, our losses for the previous two years totalled £123.7m. That's what we are carrying for FFP/Profit and Sustainability right now.

That's without the loss of UEFA income, a massive drop off in prize money/TV money and the cost of sacking Rodgers and clan in 22/23. We made a substantial profit on transfers last season with the sales of Fofana and Maddison that will save our accounts looking especially horrific, but they will show another large loss.

Remember that we were financially fecked BEFORE getting relegated. That's why the mess happened where we were desperately trying to sell and couldn't buy. Or have you erased that from your memories?

And then I can only shudder at how enormous our losses will be for the year 23/24. Everything about our spending is PL. Except we're not in it.

So here we are. We are short in midfield and EM wants to add. We can sign Sensi to play in the same position as Dewsbury-Hall and we can still add others, especially as we have two loans now available.

Selling one player to strengthen is what any club in our position should be doing. We cannot control who that player to be sold is. That's entirely down to who someone else is prepared to buy. Has everyone also conveniently ignored the fact that the arse has fallen out of the transfer market in the PL too? FFP has crippled just about every club. If we find ANY club with money to spend on ANY City player, we have to entertain it.

That's the cost of relegation. That's the cost of financial mismanagement for the two years prior to relegation.
You paint a picture you've imagined and that's fine. The problem is, what you actually know about the inner workings of the club and its finances could be be written on the back of a postage stamp. You've proved time and time again that you have no idea about what we can or can't afford but here we are with the same old same old.

The bottom line is a very, very simple one; promotion is worth more, financially, to us than any single player sale we could make. Risking this by selling our best players, players that when missing, have a massively detrimental effect on our performance as we have seen, makes absolutely no logical sense whatsoever. Selling KDH and 'replacing him' with an injury prone player no one knows anything about is not strengthening. It's the risk only an imbecile would entertain given our position and what we are trying to achieve. KDH has provided us with 9 goals and 9 assists this year and you seem to think that this will be a doddle to replace for a few quid....and you have the bottle to call others deluded.....

can people please stop saying KDH is our most important player it’s bringing me out in hives
Well, his 9 goals and 9 assists would suggest he's pretty important. As would watching how we play without him.... which is shit.

Selling him at the end of the season is one thing - it’s fine if Maresca thinks he can find better for the Premier League, if that’s where we are, or the finances are indeed as bad as some bedwetters would have us believe.

Thats all fine - we would desperately need to rebuild if we go up anyway, and same thing applies if we don’t. Having a whole summer to do that is also fine.

But selling him now, and trying to replace him in a couple of days would be madness beyond madness. He is critical to getting us promoted, and that is all that matters. Next season can look after itself

Sadly some of the blind entitled deluded idiots think we are already up, or our great squad is so much better than everyone else in the League, so we can afford to lose anyone. We absolutely aren’t, and the squad absolutely isn’t. They think the money can easily be spent on someone else, or that the chronically injury prone Sensi will come in and play every minute and be so brilliant he’ll easily get us over the line. Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose

Thankfully, I’m pretty confident it’s a risk the Club will not take unless the offer is a truly sensationally stupid one

In reality, I can’t sere anyone making a bid anywhere near big enough to hit our risk threshold, so all is good

Selling him at the end of the season is one thing - it’s fine if Maresca thinks he can find better for the Premier League, if that’s where we are, or the finances are indeed as bad as some bedwetters would have us believe.

Thats all fine - we would desperately need to rebuild if we go up anyway, and same thing applies if we don’t. Having a whole summer to do that is also fine.

But selling him now, and trying to replace him in a couple of days would be madness beyond madness. He is critical to getting us promoted, and that is all that matters. Next season can look after itself

Sadly some of the blind entitled deluded idiots think we are already up, or our great squad is so much better than everyone else in the League, so we can afford to lose anyone. We absolutely aren’t, and the squad absolutely isn’t. They think the money can easily be spent on someone else, or that the chronically injury prone Sensi will come in and play every minute and be so brilliant he’ll easily get us over the line. Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose

Thankfully, I’m pretty confident it’s a risk the Club will not take unless the offer is a truly sensationally stupid one

In reality, I can’t sere anyone making a bid anywhere near big enough to hit our risk threshold, so all is good
Unless he agitated for a move, but I can’t see it. More likely he will be thinking: “if I continue to do well here there will be better opportunities than Brighton and Brentford ahead.”

Selling KDH now would be daft, unless we have 2-3 midfielders lined up to come in. I know we have Sensi, 'almost over the line', but his injury record makes him a risk; we've lost Casadei - and we wanted to strengthen before that happened.

What’s the cost of not getting promoted.
In our financial position probably catastrophic without massive and immediate changes to the entire structure both on and off the pitch.

Hundreds of millions I would think over a three year period.

Our last season in the PL gained us £106 million from TV.

Earnings for winning the Championship are (as I understand it) less than £5 million.

Unless he agitated for a move, but I can’t see it. More likely he will be thinking: “if I continue to do well here there will be better opportunities than Brighton and Brentford ahead.”
Then he is delusional.

Look, he’s been very good this season and is a very important player for us, as things stand currently at this level. But no way is he good enough to get a better opportunity than a Brentford or Brighton. If he has a ceiling, that is definitely it.

Then he is delusional.

Look, he’s been very good this season and is a very important player for us, as things stand currently at this level. But no way is he good enough to get a better opportunity than a Brentford or Brighton. If he has a ceiling, that is definitely it.
We shall see. I think he’s underrated by fans.

In our financial position probably catastrophic without massive and immediate changes to the entire structure both on and off the pitch.

Hundreds of millions I would think over a three year period.

Our last season in the PL gained us £106 million from TV.

Earnings for winning the Championship are (as I understand it) less than £5 million.
Then I would suggest we don’t rock the effing boat.

The replies to that arguing whether Brighton are a step up from us take me back to the days when we were worried Preston were a bigger team.

But also depressingly this is what relegation did to us. We’re starting from scratch in terms of stature as a PL club, if we do go up.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463