The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

If selling KDh doesn’t avoid a FFP breach I say we keep him then just ****ing go for it and spend what we want. The season after next will have a new spending cap anyway. **** it. Half the league just do what they want.

Why sell KDH due to EFL rules?
We’re not there next season .
Put a contingency plan in for any eventuality next year and see what happens

Why sell KDH due to EFL rules?
We’re not there next season .
Put a contingency plan in for any eventuality next year and see what happens

We broke the PL rules while we were a PL side. That's who will punish us.

We also broke the EFL rules this season. So that's a problem if we go straight back down.

It also means we will have broken the PL rules by even more than the 2023 accounts. So that's a problem if we stay up.

Apart from that, your plan sounds great.

We also broke the EFL rules this season. So that's a problem if we go straight back down.

It also means we will have broken the PL rules by even more than the 2023 accounts. So that's a problem if we stay up.

A right little ray of sunshine aren’t you?

I never mentioned the premier league impending sanctions.
They won’t punish us for breaking EFL rules.

Last time we broke EFL rules , we had a large fine waiting for us, but whilst in the Premier league a smaller amount was agreed with the EFL, and paid.
So why jump the gun this time?

Before you decide to patronise people, maybe you should read what they’ve actually posted, not what you think they’ve posted, but apart from that …..blah blah blah

I never mentioned the premier league impending sanctions.
They won’t punish us for breaking EFL rules.

Last time we broke EFL rules , we had a large fine waiting for us, but whilst in the Premier league a smaller amount was agreed with the EFL, and paid.
So why jump the gun this time?

Before you decide to patronise people, maybe you should read what they’ve actually posted, not what you think they’ve posted, but apart from that …..blah blah blah

I tried to simplify the situation for you but you still don't understand.

While I don’t want to see KDH leave, I would be very much in favour of the club being aware of the ramifications of another relegation. It’s very likely that next season we will be fighting with one hand tied behind our back because of the rule breaches in the Prem. There’s a good chance we’ll go straight back down, let’s not give the EFL the chance to make it even worse.

Okay, two other clubs have put up unusually high points totals this season but promotion was still in the balance with a couple of games to spare. Any sanctions this season would have meant not finishing in the top two. I would rather not risk it.

I like KDH, he’s a local lad, talks a good game and he’s put his all into taking us back up… but the reality of the situation is that the club needs to establish itself as a steady Prem club again and that won’t happen if we’re in endless disputes with the authorities. We should have sold Tielemans and Ndidi when we had the chance, we should learn a lesson and cash in in my opinion.

It looks like we'll get £12m for Kristianson according to football rumours I've seen & if Rudkin is not stupid in negotiations by asking for more, perhaps we can get £10m for Daka from some misguided club elsewhere. With these sales hopefully we can retain KDH if we can additionally scrape together another few quid by off-loading some fringe players.

Incidentally, theres also Soumare in this mix. Although Soumare is doing well at his loan club & we could expect similar money to the above (£10-£12m) - a tidy sum of £32-£35m all together alas the latest rumours are the loan club won't retain Soumare & will move for Ndidi on a free instead. Hopefully we can sell Soumare to someone else if so.

Thus, I hope with the above totals & some fringe player sales the total sums raised will enable us to keep KDH & stay within the rules. This would be good news if so however on the negative side after the purchase of Fatawu I wonder if the budget for more players will actually be zero.

It looks like we'll get £12m for Kristianson according to football rumours I've seen & if Rudkin is not stupid in negotiations by asking for more, perhaps we can get £10m for Daka from some misguided club elsewhere. With these sales hopefully we can retain KDH if we can additionally scrape together another few quid by off-loading some fringe players.

Incidentally, theres also Soumare in this mix. Although Soumare is doing well at his loan club & we could expect similar money to the above (£10-£12m) - a tidy sum of £32-£35m all together alas the latest rumours are the loan club won't retain Soumare & will move for Ndidi on a free instead. Hopefully we can sell Soumare to someone else if so.

Thus, I hope with the above totals & some fringe player sales the total sums raised will enable us to keep KDH & stay within the rules. This would be good news if so however on the negative side after the purchase of Fatawu I wonder if the budget for more players will actually be zero.
Don’t forget that we’ll still owe money for Kristiansen, Soumare and Daka through amortisation.

Selling KDH is pure profit. Hopefully someone’s willing to give us a few million for Iversen too.

Sell him, he's really not that good, especially at PL level where it helps if you can control a ball and at least have use of both feet to some degree.

He's the player we can get above true value for and as a result he'll be sold. Unless Rudkin ****s everything up as usual.

Don’t forget that we’ll still owe money for Kristiansen, Soumare and Daka through amortisation.

Selling KDH is pure profit. Hopefully someone’s willing to give us a few million for Iversen too.
Tedfoxxx: Oh damn! Maybe fringe player sales like Iverson & Ward (is he out of contract?) plus 3 or 4 other fringe players might bring in enough (+ the £32-£35m estimated above allbeit with the provisos you've rightly pointed out).. Hopefully, all the ins & outs will mean we can still retain KDH.

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall confirms he's staying at Leicester City.
" I've been at this club since 8, I've got no intentions on leaving"
I sincerely hope we can keep him. I believe him when he says he wants to stay. However I hope there are not echoes of when for financial reasons we were forced to sell one of our best players in the past: Matt Piper. He's openly said on Radio Leicester he didn't want to go, he wanted to stay at his home club (just like KDH). But the club felt they simply has to sell for financial reasons.

Tedfoxxx: Oh damn! Maybe fringe player sales like Iverson & Ward (is he out of contract?) plus 3 or 4 other fringe players might bring in enough. Hopefully, all the ins & outs will mean we can still retain KDH.
It would be great if we could shift all of the deadwood but let’s face it, the people that bought the likes of Danny Ward and gave them massive contracts are still overseeing this stuff.

Maybe we’ll get lucky and some Saudi clubs will come and take Ward, Souttar, Daka and Soumare. Otherwise just imagine how long doing deals to get rid of this lot will take! It’ll drag on all summer.

There’s a lot being shifted off the wage bill this summer, I’d like to see the club using young players like Alves and Popov to replace Praet and Iheanacho and fill out the squad. For too long we’ve been buying players without a clear idea of what to do with them. It’s a terrible way to build a team.

Last edited:
Daka and Soumare have at least had enough playing time this season to get onto somebody's radar. We might have to take neglible sums just to get their wages off the books though, and that's where this amortisation problem comes in (and I don't pretend to understand the finer points of it).
Ward and Souttar though, their occasional turns for their national sides aside, may as well have stopped existing as far as scouts are concerned. They're going to be very hard to generate some interest in. Souttar probably has a fair bit of his contract left, so the best thing would probably be to loan him to a Championship club and only ask them to contribute a fraction of his wages. Will we be in Ward's final year next season? If so, the best thing may be to pay him off

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663