The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

Let us hope he gets offered a striker/coaching role before the end of the season.
I am sure he does not want to go to Saudia Arabia or China, although USA could make him an attractive offer. Is Fuchs still playing soccer out there?
No, he’s part of the coaching staff at Dean Smiths Charlotte FC.

Let us hope he gets offered a striker/coaching role before the end of the season.

I'm all for cutting ties with all the out of contract players at the end of the season. £25m a year saved in our accounts in one decision.

However, I do see the value of having Vardy sat on the bench in the PL next season. He could still be of value for the last 20 mins of tight games. I do think he's a shadow of the player he was a couple of years ago but he still scares opponents and he can still finish.

The problem is his wages. They were £140k a week in the PL and they may or may not have reduced this year. He also has a clause in his contract that said he would always be the highest paid player at the club.

Someone who is likely to spend around a quarter of the season injured and have a bench only role for cameo appearances is not worth lots of money to us. Even if it is Vardy. I wouldn't be paying him more than £25k a week. Maybe a lower amount with large bonuses for goals.

That's a big drop for him and he'd probably be able to get a lot more by going abroad. I would let him make his own decision about that but we can't be throwing a lot of our wage budget on players that won't be regulars.

I'm all for cutting ties with all the out of contract players at the end of the season. £25m a year saved in our accounts in one decision.

However, I do see the value of having Vardy sat on the bench in the PL next season. He could still be of value for the last 20 mins of tight games. I do think he's a shadow of the player he was a couple of years ago but he still scares opponents and he can still finish.

The problem is his wages. They were £140k a week in the PL and they may or may not have reduced this year. He also has a clause in his contract that said he would always be the highest paid player at the club.

Someone who is likely to spend around a quarter of the season injured and have a bench only role for cameo appearances is not worth lots of money to us. Even if it is Vardy. I wouldn't be paying him more than £25k a week. Maybe a lower amount with large bonuses for goals.

That's a big drop for him and he'd probably be able to get a lot more by going abroad. I would let him make his own decision about that but we can't be throwing a lot of our wage budget on players that won't be regulars.
Agree with this, there seem to have been a few cases of 'heart over head' decisions made about the contracts our players are on. We need to go back to being a bit cheaper and cashing in when a player wants to move on

Can see and to a certain extent agree until they once again troll out “his ineffectiveness in the relegation season.” Jesus how many times are people going to reference this bollocks?
Yeah, it was pointless reading on after that.

**** me I’ll be 71!!

So maybe it comes down to how much is a guy worth if he could teach our strikers how to move from 10 goals a season to 20 goals a season?
Plus his scare value in the PL as a last 20 minutes super-sub?

I've never seen any indication that Vardy has taught anything to another City striker.

He's not the type.

When Phillips joined us, you almost instantly saw Vardy improve through learning better runs.

When Daka came, I hoped for something similar but nope.

I've never seen any indication that Vardy has taught anything to another City striker.

He's not the type.

When Phillips joined us, you almost instantly saw Vardy improve through learning better runs.

When Daka came, I hoped for something similar but nope.
Who knows. I think Cannon has shown some very Vardyesque movement.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463