The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

Could a new contract for Vardy be split into multiple roles? 'Bobble Technician' for the Turf Academy, 'Shooting Technician' for the Academy & the Women's team?

A Tifo for Vardy is all very well but we need a statue of Jamie outside the stadium. It should be cast in aluminium made from recycled Red Bull cans. The inscription for the plinth:

“JAMIE VARDY – He gave us wings”
I agree there’s no question a statue is warranted.

“He's done feck all for 18 months now except let his wife embarrass him and everybody associated with him.

Great in his day but now he's just a drain on the clubs finances.”
Some people can’t see, or will not see what is in front of them.

We can’t afford to NOT give him a new contract. 20 goal a seasons n strikers are as rare as rocking horse shit.

We need to give him a new deal regardless because this club is incapable of signing a striker who isn't complete horse shit these days.

From John Percy yesterday

Jamie Vardy's Leicester fairytale is nearing its end – the question is what is next?​

www.telegraph.co.uk
direct
As Leicester City close in on an immediate return to the Premier League, the uncomfortable question looms large: is this the end of the fairy tale for Jamie Vardy?
He is the greatest signing in Leicester’s history, a £1 million bargain who has lifted the league title and an FA Cup, claimed a Golden Boot and smashed countless records during a glorious 12-year spell.
Now 37, Vardy has remained the undisputed ‘Goat’ this season and delivered 15 goals to put Leicester in the driving seat for automatic promotion.
Yet this could be the year when the magical story has to finish.
Vardy’s contract expires at the end of the season and, with Leicester facing an uncertain future because of financial restrictions, there are doubts over whether there will be another chapter for their star forward.
Leicester are currently under a transfer embargo from the Football League and facing sanctions next season for breaching the Premier League’s profitability and sustainability rules.
With Leicester under pressure to raise money before June 30 to avoid further punishments next year, Vardy’s lucrative contract and his age means that ruthless decisions will have to be taken.
Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Marc Albrighton and Dennis Praet are in a similar position, and unlikely to remain at the club beyond the summer.
Vardy’s situation is clearly a very sensitive one, and Leicester will be determined to handle it with extreme care.
The league leaders face Southampton at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday night, and the prospect of this being Vardy’s penultimate appearance in front of the home fans is very real.
Vardy has no plans to retire, and has cleverly adapted his game and training method to prolong what has been an outstanding career.
A few years ago he had a cryotherapy chamber installed at his home to help aid recovery. He continues to do all the right things off the field and, in his mind, the end is nowhere near.
Major League Soccer could be an attractive option for the former Fleetwood Town striker, who first rose to prominence on the gnarled terrains of non-league football.
With his goals record this season still impressive, there could also be clubs in England’s top two divisions who consider him as a potential signing.
Earlier this year, Vardy said: “Thirty-seven is just a number. You’re as young as you feel.
“Football’s a demanding game, it has to be like that, and you just make sure you recover right and get ready for the next game.
“I look after myself, keep myself fit, so I’ll keep going for as long as possible.”

We need to give him a new deal regardless because this club is incapable of signing a striker who isn't complete horse shit these days.
Nail on head.

We haven’t signed a good striker since 2015.

I’m sure there’s a long conversation to be had about value for money and our record of overpaying players and all that, but as someone said last night, I’m not emotionally ready to say goodbye to our greatest ever player.

I’m sure there’s a long conversation to be had about value for money and our record of overpaying players and all that, but as someone said last night, I’m not emotionally ready to say goodbye to our greatest ever player.

We currently can’t extend contracts, so we’d better get that sorted asap.

If FFP is the reason this doesn’t happen, the upper management need to be completely ****ing lynched.

We currently can’t extend contracts, so we’d better get that sorted asap.

If FFP is the reason this doesn’t happen, the upper management need to be completely ****ing lynched.
I think we can forget that we have a transfer embargo in about a weeks time.

Of course I am sentimental about JV, in my mind he is our greatest ever player and I don’t want him to leave, and when he does I don’t want him to play in this country for another team but he has proved himself time and time and time again.

We will (should) find a way to keep him he is the LEGEND.

Easy - we won't dispute or drag out the pending FFP fine/ points deduction fiasco - IF they let us sign Vardy for another year(s)

We can sign players if we get promoted.

But presumably only when we officially are into the new season and officially back in the Premier League - I'm not sure what the date for that is.

My worry is we lose Vardy without knowing it's his final game.

But presumably only when we officially are into the new season and officially back in the Premier League - I'm not sure what the date for that is.

My worry is we lose Vardy without knowing it's his final game.
Nah, they will already have had discussions on how to get round this.

I want to know what the situation is before the last game of the season ffs

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564