The King Power Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I be getting any gratis duty free because of this deal?
If not, then I think it's an absolute disgrace, we'll be the laughing stock of the East Midlands; it's bound to increase illegal immigrants; it's going to do nothing to relieve negative equity; it confuses me and we should be sponsored by Ainley's Records.

Seems a bit pointless at the minute! Good long term if we go up though.

I'd hope as well to increase the capacity, they'd buy the stadium back as well. Would they be allowed to increase the capacity at the moment since we don't technically own it?

Is it in our name, with a loan secured on it, or do we rent it?

If the former, its no different to putting an extension on a house while still paying the mortgage.

Totally agree with fitz. Don't see how this is any different to the Walkers Stadium. The firm being from Leicester makes no difference, especially when they murder little children by overfeeding them saturated fats.

Much prefer 'King Power' Stadium to 'Walkers' Stadium.

Having said that, much prefer Filbert Way to any twatty company name.

If everyone just got used to calling the place Filbert Way, why would anyone give a toss about who sponsors it?

Surely, it's up to the fans to name it and feck the rest?

Excactly.

West Ham's ground is known almost exclusively as "Upton Park" as apposed to it's proper name "The Boleyn Ground."

And everyone still knows St. James' Park as St. James' Park, despite adding the sponsor last season.

In a romantic sense it would be nice if the ground was called 'The Lineker stadium' or 'The Leroy Potter Bowl'. Other than that, I couldn't give a tosh what it's called.

So will people still be allowed to say "am gooin down Citeh" or will they now be required to use the official title at all times?

Official title of course, failure to do so will result in death by firing squad.

But only for the last 6 years (The stadium has been called the Walkers for 9 years).

Depending on how old you were when you became interested in football, there are still people who call it by it's proper name, Second Division (up to 1992), First Division (up to 2004).

Can anyone explain in what way the Championship is better than the old Second Division.

Names like Championship and League One are euphemisms. They sound impressive but hide reality. League One is the same as the old Third Division. That is how low we sank. We are now in what was the Second Division. It is easy to forget that for much of Leicester's history we have been in the First Division or Premier League.

If people want to talk about First Tier or Second Tier instead of Divisions then fine. However, lets not forget that for clubs like Leicester (or Forest or Derby) being in the Championship is disappointing.

They can say " Im off down that king stadium again "

I was at a meeting yesterday where someone “joked”, Leicester are officially the only team in the country who have spelt their stadium name incorrectly.......needless to say he was a Kovscum fan.

I know how you adore being correct so I fixed it for you. Aren't I kind, you can thank me with flowers.:icon_cool

As often happens in these things we are both correct. Leicester has spent much of its history in the 1st tier and much in the 2nd. This is because we have spent a lot of time "bouncing between the two";
either fighting against relegation from the first tier or challenging for promotion from the second.

Great managers such as Bloomfield or O'Neill have had us mid-table of the 1st tier. For differing reasons this did not last.

I was optimistic that Pearson might become another Bloomfield or O'Neill. It is too soon to tell with Paulo but I hope that he will become a great manager which means not merely surviving in the Premiership.

And even greater managers such as Matt Gillies and Willie Orr had us challenging for the title in the First tier. Neither ever gets mentioned as much as MON or Bloomfield though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670