The manager search - what a way to run a football club!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get real.

If you don't think that the Chairman selecting which players to buy is meddling or interfering, then that's your opinion. My opinion is that it's not the job of the Chairman to choose which players to sign.

Ergo, Milan is meddling and he should stop it. If that's not the case he can go ahead and sue me.

Milan is the Chairman - but he is also the sole owner.

I find it amazing that anyone could be surprised given his reputation and track record that he is calling the shots.

I don't care who calls the shots as long as they get it more right than wrong. Obviously, his role potentially diminishes the role of a manager and I would draw the conclusion that the owner and manager need to be able to work closely together.

This isn't the sort of arm's length working relation that you might find between a largely non-executive chair and a football manager - but it is how it was always going to be. I don't think it would even make much difference if Milan appointed a nominee chairman.

If there is proof, other than ''It's been so obviously going on'' then lets see it !

Will proof that it happened at Portsmouth do?

Former Portsmouth coach told the Guardian, "While I was at Portsmouth, Mandaric bought the Japanese goalkeeper Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi to try to open up the Asian market. The only way to do that was to sell the games to Japanese television and Mandaric was adamant he had to play."

If you want to be technical, as it is writen then it could possibly constitute libel. Unless there is actual proof that MM is/has been meddling in team affairs people should be more careful over what they say/type/print.

If there is proof, other than ''It's been so obviously going on'' then lets see it !

For libel to be proved you would also have to show that the allegations had damaged Mandaric's reputation. I'm not sure that you can damage the reputation of somebody who is a known meddlar by accusing him of being a meddlar.

You will know that Milan never challenged assertions that he meddled at Portsmouth - and I am sure that if you asked him, he would tell you that that is what a hands-on chairman does and that he always intends to be a hands-on chairman. (He might prefer not to use the word 'meddle', but a kinder-sounding alternative)

So with Ince on his way to Blackburn perhaps we get Sam - a wonderful manager for the City.

So with Ince on his way to Blackburn perhaps we get Sam - a wonderful manager for the City.

hell_freeze.jpg

He's going to have to get a wriggle on now that MK Dons are looking as well. Could be that they look like a better prospect for long term job security as they're only remit for the season would be to stay up.

Will proof that it happened at Portsmouth do?

Former Portsmouth coach told the Guardian, "While I was at Portsmouth, Mandaric bought the Japanese goalkeeper Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi to try to open up the Asian market. The only way to do that was to sell the games to Japanese television and Mandaric was adamant he had to play."

Fair enough, if it is the case, what's the point of sacking a manager ?

Maybe we need a Spanish manager who is used to working under those conditions.

a shareholder has written to the club asking MM if prior to the publicity of us going for ince, if ince made it known to him he was interested in the job by either applying or via an agent. We want to see if the hearsay on here of ince never been interested in the job is true.

a shareholder has written to the club asking MM if prior to the publicity of us going for ince, if ince made it known to him he was interested in the job by either applying or via an agent. We want to see if the hearsay on here of ince never been interested in the job is true.
Didn't realise we still had shareholders.

Didn't realise we still had shareholders.

MM wrote to himself!!

They say speaking to yourself is the first sign of madness, the second is hiring John Gregory and Steve Walsh. :icon_wink

I suspect our search will conclude shortly after Blackburns.

Mandy is hoping to pick at the leftovers. At least I hope that is the case. So yeah...if Walshy doesn't get the Blackburn job we should snap him up!

With uncle Milan? Apart from that he's already taken us to the third division?

Here a question for you. :)

Why was redknapp praised for pompys promotion by you guys, but holloway relieved of the burden of relegation which was passed onto MM? Surely the manager/chairman has equal roles in both situations.

We a league one club now get over it look forwards not backwards.

Here a question for you. :)

Why was [...] holloway relieved of the burden of relegation which was passed onto MM?

You must have been reading a different forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669