The Mirror create a rumour about Schmeichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Well the Andy King I saw during the game was dressed in a suit and sitting in the stand.
Which one did you see?

The BBC report and several others show him as having been on the bench. You don't really think I would watch a Wales v Northern Ireland game, do you?

Last edited:

glyn

The BBC report and several others show him as having been on the bench. You don't really think I would watch a Wales v Northern Ireland game, do you?

The sky sports web site had him on the bench too. Perhaps he was named as he was in the squad but was told by Speed he wouldn't get on

spionfox

Well the Andy King I saw during the game was dressed in a suit and sitting in the stand.
Which one did you see?

Doesn't matter if he was in the stands or on the bench. Fact is, he should have been on holiday and recuperating ready for our promotion season, not being at some poorly attended non-fixture.

Redditch Fox

Doesn't matter if he was in the stands or on the bench. Fact is, he should have been on holiday and recuperating ready for our promotion season, not being at some poorly attended non-fixture.

Couldn't agree more.

Its almost unbelievable that these meaningless fixtures were ever arranged.

Longcliffe

What's the point of him playing? He only gets played out of position.
I'm not sure Speed is a good manager, or certainly not yet.

RHYDAL

<p>
The <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13540749.stm" target="_blank">BBC report</a> and several others show him as having been on the bench. You don't really think I would watch a Wales v Northern Ireland game, do you?
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
No I wouldn't. I suppose I wouldn't normally expect someone who didn't see the game to consider themselves better qualified to comment on it than someone who did either.
But then I remembered which forum I was on. ;)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
No I wouldn't. I suppose I wouldn't normally expect someone who didn't see the game to consider themselves better qualified to comment on it than someone who did either.
But then I remembered which forum I was on. ;)

Don't be a twat. I was merely passing on what I had read. If you've got a problem with that, have a word with the BBC and the several other sites that also said that he was on the bench.

spionfox

Don't be a twat. I was merely passing on what I had read. If you've got a problem with that, have a word with the BBC and the several other sites that also said that he was on the bench.

Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning?

RHYDAL

Does this qualify as a whoosh, a simple miss of my wink icon, extreme racist behaviour towards a person who speaks some Welsh or just plain BG-like behaviour? I think BM understood my point.

Any road, if you'd have said that instead of wagging your finger at me perhaps my sarcasm mode wouldn't have kicked in.
The Beeb etc merely publish the team list as submitted to the referee. I have no idea why he was in the stand. Perhaps he injured himself in the warm-up. I have to concentrate hard to follow Welsh commentary on S4C and I'm afraid I was in the depths of a poker game. My attention was drawn to him when I heard 'gobbledygook.....Andy King yn gwylio o'r....gobbledygook'.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Does this qualify as a whoosh, a simple miss of my wink icon, extreme racist behaviour towards a person who speaks some Welsh or just plain BG-like behaviour?

None of the above. Just read my words instead of trying to put a meaning on them that wasn't intended.

RHYDAL

None of the above. Just read my words instead of trying to put a meaning on them that wasn't intended.
I did read your words. You effectively said I was being a twat. What sort of reaction do you normally get to that sort of thing that's more positive than my attempt at crowd pleasing banter?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I did read your words. You effectively said I was being a twat. What sort of reaction do you normally get to that sort of thing that's more positive than my attempt at crowd pleasing banter?

It would depend in what company the expression was used.

teblin

Kasper Schmeichel

Couldn't find a thread about this.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/06/19/transfer-news-leicester-want-kasper-schmeichel-from-leeds-102039-23210604/
LEICESTER CITY boss Sven Goran Eriksson is ready to end his search for a new goalkeeper with a £1.5million bid to sign Kasper Schmeichel from Leeds United.

The Swede has been looking at a handful of options but is going back to the big No.1 who played for him at Manchester City and Notts County.

Leicester can offer24-year-old Schmeichel a pay rise and a shot at promotion as Eriksson puts a big squad together for a determined push this season.

Leeds have put off Leicester so far but boss Simon Grayson may now opt to sell and spend the cash on building up his own team – while finding a cheap goalkeeper to take over.

Eriksson has also been looking at free agent Keiren Westwood, Huddersfield’s Alex Smithies and Nottingham Forest’s Lee Camp

dpjfox

Re: Kasper Schmeichel

not universally loved by scum fans but vast improvement on Weale/Logan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675