The missing piece thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzo

I started this thread on a general football forum to see what people thought of their own teams, I would assume we would all agree that we most need a winger but some may differ, so from all premier league teams what one player would you sign that you think is the missing piece to this team?

For me it would be Son at Spurs, plays down either wing seems to be genuinely 2 footed and can also play as a 9, he is probably the player in the league I most admire that has no connection to Leicester.

From all the players from all the teams you’d pick Son ?

Shitpants.

Son's a quality player but very much part of the furniture at Spurs. I think if we are comfortably top 4 at christmas they will wait to spend big money until the summer rather than get turned over in the Jan window.
I think we should make an offer for Smalling or Dunk, whichever on we can get get good value for.
I still think we should offer for McNeil who will be a big talent and an England player in a few years.
I'm still surprised we haven't taken anyone at all from Celtic but maybe Rodgers is just avoiding the flak he would get.

Pick a player, any player.

Pooh I can’t quite make my mind up between Lewis Dunk or Dwight McNeil.

Christ on toast.

Kante

I’d have Sterling if he promised to play properly and not be a fanny. Or Mané, the cheating little ****. Either of those on our left wing would be tasty.

You're letting him get away with Smalling FFS ???!!
Did you see Morgan embarrass himself and besmirch our club’s good name with his performance today??? I’d take Smalling over that fat mess any day of the week.

(I’m not being serious)

I’d have Sterling if he promised to play properly and not be a fanny. Or Mané, the cheating little ****. Either of those on our left wing would be tasty.
If I was just going for a pure wide man I think I would have also gone for Sterling but the added bonus of being able to play 9 if something happened to Vardy swung it for me

That Slimani bloke looks good.

If I was just going for a pure wide man I think I would have also gone for Sterling but the added bonus of being able to play 9 if something happened to Vardy swung it for me
Son is very good, I’d love him here. Looking at players that we could realistically go and sign in January from another Premier League club I’m struggling to think of one that would be worth the hugely inflated fee we’d have to pay.

Ryan Fraser looks average this season, you would take Zaha on his day but he’s just so inconsistent, McNeil is no better than Albrighton.... players like Yarmolenko, Anderson and Richarlison seem so flighty.

I’d have Shaqiri maybe.... None of them really get me going though.

If we finish in the top 4 and Spurs don’t, with the ****y one in charge I would say a cheeky move for Son wouldn’t be that incomprehensible. We’d pay the poor bastard more than Spurs do that’s for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363