Ian Walker
Lilian Nalis
James Scowcroft
Martin Keown
Chris Makin
Nikos Dabizas
Scot Gemmill
Kevin Pressman

I know we havn't seen most of 'the new breed' play yet, but on paper, which do you prefer?

Last edited:
if someone had listed those players at the beginning of last season everyone would of gone for the "old" lot.

It's only cus we now know they are shit that everyone will choose the "new" lot

On paper you would have to prefer the 'old breed' in reality the old breed turned out to play like a bunch of novices......therefore will have to opt for the 'new breed' please! How about a bit of in-breeding? hahaha

"Dig The New Breed".

The old breed certainly achieved nowt

The New Breed - any day of the week. We have seen the old breed play, and maybe in their day they would have done, but all a bit long in the tooth.

The new breed will give us "more energy" as CL quoted. If anything last season we lacked any urgency when we had the ball. The new breed should allow us to break out of defence quicker.

BRING IT ON - CAN'T WAIT NOW.

I think we have to put our faith in Levein. Some of his signings that we have seen so far seem a bit suspect (step forward De Vries) but others have proved decent enough assets. The list of players listed there certainly looks odd but we'll just have to (as we have had to be for a while now) be patient and see how things pan out. Here's hoping that Levein isn't a complete arse wipe and that he gets the new team gel quickly. If yesterday's result is anything to go by then we could be on to a winner here. Bloody hope so, we need a team to be in awe of.

From the old breed the only want that i would want playing for us next season would have been Ian Walker.
As for the new breed - Patrick McCarthy, Stephen Hughes, and Alan Maybury have shown what they can do. IMO Hughes and Maybury will be a class above next season.
As for the others - Rab,Momo, Nisse, Patrik Gerbrrand, Patrick Kisnorbo - really looking forward to seeing these guys play! i have high hopes for Gerbrrand and Nisse. But will reserve judgment on Kisnorbo and Momo. Just a feeling i have that these two won't live up to expections - really hope i'm wrong!
Sure Rad will do a job

As a general comment. In 2 years time, players in the new breed might actually be worth something! who would want any of the old breed?

the futures bight...

Joe_Fox said:
I think we have to put our faith in Levein. Some of his signings that we have seen so far seem a bit suspect (step forward De Vries) but others have proved decent enough assets. The list of players listed there certainly looks odd but we'll just have to (as we have had to be for a while now) be patient and see how things pan out. Here's hoping that Levein isn't a complete arse wipe and that he gets the new team gel quickly. If yesterday's result is anything to go by then we could be on to a winner here. Bloody hope so, we need a team to be in awe of.

I don't get what you are trying to say TBPH. Not since Brian Little came in and started the upward turn can I remember being excitied about our potential.

Levein has yet to drop a ricket in the transfer market and if you offer me the new breed over the old it isn't too hard a sell. To have people like Hughes and Maybury instead of Gemmil and Makin, de Vries and Douglas in place of Blake and Pressman it is clear we will fair a whole lot better. Even if we know little about some of the players we know by the sheer fact they are younger we will be a lot more enjoyable to watch.

In what way has Levein shown he may be an 'arse wipe'? I am a tad confused.

ok lets drill down...

Douglas or Walker?
Henderson or Pressman?
Maybury or Makin? (smiles)
Johansson or Keown?
Gerrbrand or Dabizas?
McCarthy or Heath?
Kisnorbo or Gemmill?
Hughes or Nalis?
Sylla or Gillespie?
de Vries or Blake?

new left back or Stewart?
new striker or Scowcroft?

The Voice From Above said:
ok lets drill down...

Douglas or Walker?
Henderson or Pressman?
Maybury or Makin? (smiles)
Johansson or Keown?
Gerrbrand or Dabizas?
McCarthy or Heath?
Kisnorbo or Gemmill?
Hughes or Nalis? Very Close
Sylla or Gillespie?
de Vries or Blake?

new left back or Stewart?
new striker or Scowcroft?
New breed wins easily

Very easily Melton.

Although there are a lot of strong squads in the Championship and I am getting more optimistic about next season.

drummindefender said:
I would have hughes over nalis without any doubt in my mind what-so-ever!

Very interesting to hear your sexual preferences but who would you prefer to play in the Leicester team.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Very interesting to hear your sexual preferences but who would you prefer to play in the Leicester team.

Please stop it. You becoming like homer, MK and HF as well. :icon_sad: :icon_conf :icon_conf :confused: :confused: :icon_roll

Sorry Steveo ! Just felt somebody needed to take on Homer's mantle now that he has been kidnapped. And anyway the way drummindefender had set it up there was no way I could resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566