The Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a bit of the swimming earlier, but it doesn't really interest me until the medals are being won and records are being broken.

Whats the Olympics?

I just watched the World champion in Judo.

What an absolute load of shit. How two blokes simply grappling for 4 minutes can be offered as entertainment is beyond me.

I watched 2 bouts and the only points given in both of them were for foul play.

Last edited:
I just watched the World champion in Judo.

What an absolute load of shit. How two blokes simply grappling for 4 minutes can be offered as entertainment is beyond me.

I watched 2 bouts and the only points given in both of them were for foul play.
I watched it the other day. They were getting excited about something that I couldn't see. 2 blokes were wrapped around each other, and for no apparent reason the commentators and the crowd would show excitement and some funny names were mentioned.

Weird.

I bet none of the current crop of judoers know the first thing about bouncy castles.

I watched it the other day. They were getting excited about something that I couldn't see. 2 blokes were wrapped around each other, and for no apparent reason the commentators and the crowd would show excitement and some funny names were mentioned.

Weird.

I bet none of the current crop of judoers know the first thing about bouncy castles.

The whole episode has put me off the Olympics. Ive never understood why people go nuts all of a sudden for sports they couldn't usually give a shit about.

Is it because it's cool?

The whole episode has put me off the Olympics. Ive never understood why people go nuts all of a sudden for sports they couldn't usually give a shit about.

Is it because it's cool?
I think the olympics should be limited to sports where it is their pinnacle.

ie, track & field, shooting, gymnastics, swimming.

Football, tennis etc should all be scrapped.

BBC NEWS ARTICLE

The team for London 2012 have been taking notice of the planning and logisitics behind this games in Beijing. The selection of venues being one issue in particular.

A few sports are taking place outside of Beijing to an environment more suitable for the sports ie. Sailing - Chegdu and Equestrian - Hong Kong. This ensures a big crowd and a crowd more appreciative of the sport.

London 2012 is set to replicate this with it's choice of venue for Shooting. It's selected Nottingham City Centre and it's council estates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669