The Smashing Pumpkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

Are going to reform:) One of my very favourate bands, so I'm pretty pleased. Don't know if anyone likes the pumpkins, but I figure that if DrumminDefender knows his drummers he'd know of the legend that is Jimmy Chamberlain.

http://www.nmefestivals.com/glastonbury/news/112761

Today is the greatest!!!!!:icon_cool (see what I did there?)

If you want a recommendation their best album IMO is 'Siamese Dream', but they also have a best of called 'rotten apples'! If you have any money burning a hole in your pocket go out and buy one or both...I'd get Siamese dream if I had to choose! Alternatively I could make you a copy!

Jimmy Chamberlain is a fantastic drummer! Can't believe you don't know of him!

I used to get some serious praise when I played stuff like Today, 1979 or even tonight tonight whilst DJing - it seems people love them but are afraid to ask.

Good stuff that they are reforming. They piss all over Zwan.

:038: :038: :038:

SilverFox said:
If you want a recommendation their best album IMO is 'Siamese Dream', but they also have a best of called 'rotten apples'! If you have any money burning a hole in your pocket go out and buy one or both...I'd get Siamese dream if I had to choose! Alternatively I could make you a copy!

Jimmy Chamberlain is a fantastic drummer! Can't believe you don't know of him!
what kind of style are they though silver? ie metal punk indie etc etc

drummindefender said:
what kind of style are they though silver? ie metal punk indie etc etc

They are gothicy rock really

I would say they were more grunge rock around Siamese Dream, but started to dress gothicy for the albums after that, i.e. Mellon Collie and the Infinate sadness.

Swan were woeful!:icon_eek:

Before:

aaq.jpg

After(note how billy corgan now looks like a cross between Uncle Fester and a hard Boiled egg):

pumpkins.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47