the sooner the better

Status
Not open for further replies.
londonfox said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/3692748.stm

"But if we keep getting ourselves in winning positions and do what we've done, there is not a lot I can do about that."

actually there is... you twat :x :x :x

So now it comes down to insulting the manager.....

In a forum that bleated its heart out about the lack of loyalty shown by players after the mass exodus in the summer, it comes down to a few bad results and the manager is a twat...

Shame on You ..... :oops: :oops: :oops:

maybe personal insults aren't the way to go but as for a few bad results...
i hardly think 48 bad results count as a few...

as much as i want adams to leave, cause hes such a good guy i reckon its best if he does leave, i still think he wont.. cause we are gonna get 3 points 2moro night and everyone will b like his job is safe

a win tomorrow shouldn't change anything.. he should still resign/get sacked regrdless of the result at gillingham...

He is tactically naive but there is no point him going unless we have a better replacement. We also need a decent centre mid.

It really isn't all over yet, if we can get top 8 by Christmas, (a whopping 4 points away) I am sure we will get a playoff place or automatic promotion given the scale of change we incurred during the summer the team will only improve with time.

Thing is I really want Adams to succeed but I don't believe he can anymore.He seems to have tried all the options he thinks he has and we just aren't improving.OK give him 10 more matches but in return he should start to look at things differently and not this 'blinkered' attitude he seems to have.He still doesn't seem to know his best eleven.

so MA has signed joey gudjohnsen, scott gemmill and gareth williams, not to mention lilian nallis from last season.. and still we need a decent central midfielder...

just about sums up his level of competence in the transfer market.. i hear billy mckinlay's not doing much these days but then again he's not good enough in our boss's mind.. :? :? :?

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?back=true&key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|2706232792004388388331&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

He's definitely feeling the heat is our Adams... He says he won't walk...Hmmmm.

You are right in that he doesn't know his best 11 and he didn't last year, but I think the worst thing we can do is sack him without an experienced replacement. Anything other than an experienced manager is not going to bring the stability required to get the defence playing as a unit and settle the undoubtedly twitchy *rses of the squad.

londonfox said:
so MA has signed joey gudjohnsen, scott gemmill and gareth williams, not to mention lilian nallis from last season.. and still we need a decent central midfielder...

just about sums up his level of competence in the transfer market.. i hear billy mckinlay's not doing much these days but then again he's not good enough in our boss's mind.. :? :? :?

Yeah he's no Wenger on the transfer market either but my point is don't expect someone to come in and turn it round overnight. I think we are still missing a strong player in the centre mid everywhere else we have them but the most crucial position. Maybe Williams or Gudjonsen will come on but its always going to be hard if the opposition are having the run of things in the middle of the park and the manager has to sort this out if we are going to go up and attempt to stay up be it this season or 200x.

This is the key line in that interview:

"If results don't improve, I would have to seriously consider my position. But I am not a quitter. It is tough at the minute but you just have to get on with it. "

He won't resign, and credit to him for that in my view. I think we have been improving since the start of the season, understandable that it takes time in view of how many new players brought in, time to gel etc. Of course it all went pear shaped on Saturday as soon as we went to 10 men. Suddenly we forgot how to defend, but even then we were creating some chances, putting QPR under pressure.

Btw I thought the back line looked solid with Dion and Keown together, QPR had only 1 meaningful attack in the first half really. However I fail to understand why he moved Dion up front when we went to 10 men, that was crazy and ill-timed, the ball was still in our half as Dion was shouting to MA on the touchline words to the effect of "you what, you've got to be f*ckin kidding??!!!"

Phil

Thou

I can't really understand why we changed formation in the first place..

We were playing 3-4-3, so if we'd just left things how they were when Connolly got sent off, it would've been 3-4-2 and I can't see how they would increase the pressure on our defence really.

Wasn't just Dublin who was complaining - Keown was as well

They all knew it was suicide, but sadly the one man who mattered couldn't see it

I'm sure you are right, I didnt see that but did see Dion, wasnt watching Keown at the time.

I guess MA must take some input from the likes of Keown on tactics etc, at least away from the game itself? He said at the start of the season that he would be bringing more than just his playing skills, that he would have learnt a lot from Wenger etc... let's hope so.

As I posted on another thread, I thought we looked good at the back till down to 10 men/Dublin moved up front then it all fell apart completely

Micky put Dublin as centre back at the end against Sheff Utd and we looked shocking. Managers have to make these decisions and sometimes they just don't come off.

homer said:
Wasn't just Dublin who was complaining - Keown was as well

They all knew it was suicide, but sadly the one man who mattered couldn't see it

And i wonder if back in the dressing room they let him know this; which is why he sounded so down on the radio.

Perhaps Mr Adams has lost the dressing room and knows it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566