The Talking Balls Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just finished the "erecting my weener" chapter and looking forward to the next chapter immensely :icon_bigg

:icon_lol: You what? :icon_lol:

I've just finished reading "Are you Dave Gorman?".........

john o'farrell - may contain nuts

no, not a guess on the contents of highland's latest girlfriend's pants, but a highly amusing look at raising children in south-west london and the social pressures attached.
8.5/10

Great... a book about cockneys and their snotty nosed kids...rivetting stuff

Yeah, loads of Cockneys in Wandsworth and Putney.....:icon_conf

My brother lives in Roehampton and theres plenty there...or aren't you a proper cockney unless you know all the words to rolll out the barrel:102:

You have to be born within earshot of windchimes now, eh?

Got a few new bookson the pile to read at the mo. Brethren (Historical Templar based thriller), Do ants have arseholes? (interesting and largely useless questions), Clarkson And another thing (Jezza usual stuff), The Alexander Legacy (Thriller based on some workmen finding Alexander the Greats tomb) and Can a robot be human? (a book on very very basic philosophy)

Have just read a John Connolly novel "The Black Angel" and loved it ... hes written a series of Thrillers featuring a former policeman dectective who's wife and daughter have been murderered. I now have to back track and start with the first in the series, having been lent this book, which is about the 4th one hes written (not that it mattered). Would recommend to anyone who enjoys dark, slightly supernatural thrillers... this one had me hooked til the last word and kept me up all night finishing it!

Last edited:
Got a few new bookson the pile to read at the mo. Brethren (Historical Templar based thriller), Do ants have arseholes? (interesting and largely useless questions), Clarkson And another thing (Jezza usual stuff), The Alexander Legacy (Thriller based on some workmen finding Alexander the Greats tomb) and Can a robot be human? (a book on very very basic philosophy)

I looked at Brethren in Waterstone's on Xmas Eve but was dragged away before I could buy anything!( I think Ben thought I was going to spend too much on books!)

You'll have to let me know what it's like.

I've gone back to reading The Iliad. Didn't get any books for Christmas which was a bit of a shock!:icon_eek:

Looking for my next good fix of footy related literature after finishing The 'Miracle Of Castel Di Sangro' and being pages away from completing 'A Season With Verona'

Any ideas?

Just read Richard Hammond's book. Amazing story, the guy is very lucky (and knows it) but showed tremendous recovery powers. Well-written book, mostly about the crash and his recovery with just a couple of chapters about his early years and how he got into Top Gear.

Just read Richard Hammond's book. Amazing story, the guy is very lucky (and knows it) but showed tremendous recovery powers. Well-written book, mostly about the crash and his recovery with just a couple of chapters about his early years and how he got into Top Gear.
I used to really like him when he did his consumer shows, but I think he comes across as being quite arrogant since his accident.

Ive read the Hammond book as well. I think the bits written by Mindy are excellent and give a really good account of being on the other side of that type of injury. Id recommend it whether you like him or not, just remove yourself from what you know about him and take it as though it was a book about the injury and the recovery from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669