The Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

fosseboy83

are going to start charging for the online edition.:102:

surely this will fail when the beeb will be knocking out news for nowt.

Unless Murdoch and the Tory scummers have already got a plan in place once the election is over (should they win)

Last edited:

The Major

This is doomed to fail but I don't blame them for trying. They have loads of top reporters all over the world and none of them are on minimum wage.

The trouble is with the BBC giving everything out for free (or from the license fee, which is almost a compulsory tax)is that private enterprises with inevitably smaller budgets get squeezed out of the market which will eventually lead to only one source of news, reporting only the stories they want you to see and from the angle that they want to give.

drummindefender

are going to start charging for the online edition.:102:

surely this will fail when the beeb will be knocking out news for nowt.

Unless Murdoch and the Tory scummers have already got a plan in place once the election is over (should they win)
I don't understand why you think this has anything to do with the torys :102:

Hazzman

I don't understand why you think this has anything to do with the torys :102:

I think FB83 is taking on the premise that the Tory win. Murdoch is known to have very strong ties with the Tories.

Murdoch - Australian greedy ****. My disgust for him grows the more I hear about him (just found out our last game of the season is on a Sunday at 1pm, so it doesn't disrupt or clash with the Premiership!).

Hazzman

That he may have done just like he favoured Thatcher cos of the benefits he received off that government.

Given his tabloid paper is openly backing the Tories, it looks like he's switched again.

Boy Genius

Banned
just found out our last game of the season is on a Sunday at 1pm, so it doesn't disrupt or clash with the Premiership!

I thought the last game of the season is always on a sunday, be it football league or premiership.....:102:

drummindefender

That he may have done just like he favoured Thatcher cos of the benefits he received off that government.

Given his tabloid paper is openly backing the Tories, it looks like he's switched again.
TBH I think its fairly obvious that Murdoch doesn't really have any political allegiance. He just gets his paper to back who ever is more popular at the time-hence why the sun started back the Tories when Gordon Brown came in. Therefore I don't think you can label him a tory, because if the Lib Dems were suddenly the most popular party in britain, you can bet anything the Sun would back them-always going to sell more papers if you reflecting what people are thinking...

Also considering the Tories are looking like they're gonna struggle to win this election out right, I doubt they'd be making policy changes based on them winning an election already.

Boy Genius

Banned
It's more that the 1pm kick-off was my annoyance. Wank time for a kick-off.

I am sure you will find all the matches in the Championship will kick off at the same time on the last match of the season, ask Boc or Jeff and they should confirm the kick off is always 1pm now.

Hazzman

I am sure you will find all the matches in the Championship will kick off at the same time on the last match of the season, ask Boc or Jeff and they should confirm the kick off is always 1pm now.

Yes I know that but the 'universal' kick-off time is set by Sky. They change it around every last day to ensure they have a Premiership game on at 4pm. Stoke away when we were relegated was 2pm kick-off for example. 1.30pm for Southampton away before that.

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Yes I know that but the 'universal' kick-off time is set by Sky. They change it around every last day to ensure they have a Premiership game on at 4pm. Stoke away when we were relegated was 2pm kick-off for example. 1.30pm for Southampton away before that.

:018:
The season before Stoke away was Wolves at home - 1 p.m., I think.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673