They're talking about us

I ****ing hate modern football
It is indeed.

I’ve got to say the forum as a whole has become oppressively negative, although not without good reason a lot of the time.

Think I’m going to call it a day, I’ve loved posting on it and it used to be laugh but I think I need to get offline, it’s bad for your head.

Ta ra everyone, all the best!

It is indeed.

I’ve got to say the forum as a whole has become oppressively negative, although not without good reason a lot of the time.

Think I’m going to call it a day, I’ve loved posting on it and it used to be laugh but I think I need to get offline, it’s bad for your head.

Oh brilliant, where the **** are we gonna get soup puns from now?

I think I need to get offline, it’s bad for your head.
I take time off from time-to-time, just to chill a bit. It can get a bit much sometimes, I agree.

The negativity here is, I think, just what we do; partly bantz, partly coping mechanism (best not to have too high expectations 'less they get dashed) I never really take it seriously.

But having a break from it is never a bad thing, just so it doesn't get too ingrained (and you end up calling your boss a ****, however much they might deserve it) Take some time and come back when it feels right... like maybe our first away win (that'll be 2025 then ;) )

Last edited:
It is indeed.

Oh ted lad. I'm really sorry to read that's where your head is at.

This place isn't part of the problem though. It's just a daft football forum where a bunch of dickheads let off steam. The online world is often a bitter and twisted place and there are times we can rise above it and times when we can't.

Take some time away if that's what seems right. But there are people here that care about you and would really welcome your return. You've given me countless laughs over the years.

It is indeed.

This would be a real shame.

Look, we're all just muddling around talking about stuff we probably know **** all about but there are times when it can be a real sanctuary away from other shite. I agree it has become really negative of late but its waves and troughs: there'll be another wave along soon.

Take time but don't call it a day. We'll miss your humour far too much.

Oh ted lad. I'm really sorry to read that's where your head is at.

This place isn't part of the problem though. It's just a daft football forum where a bunch of dickheads let off steam. The online world is often a bitter and twisted place and there are times we can rise above it and times when we can't.

Take some time away if that's what seems right. But there are people here that care about you and would really welcome your return. You've given me countless laughs over the years.
This would be a real shame.

Look, we're all just muddling around talking about stuff we probably know **** all about but there are times when it can be a real sanctuary away from other shite. I agree it has become really negative of late but its waves and troughs: there'll be another wave along soon.

Take time but don't call it a day. We'll miss your humour far too much.
That’s kind of you, it’s not so much the forum as being online in general. Everywhere you go now; news apps, Twitter, football coverage, it’s like there’s a black cloud hanging over everything. I know that if I stop doom scrolling and inviting negativity in every single time I take my phone out of my pocket I’ll be better for it. Football has always been one of my main distraction but I just can’t stand what it is now. Persisting with a football forum feels counter productive.

The more I drink, the worse I feel. The more time I spend online, the worse I feel about the world. I know I need to make some changes to my life and cutting out negative influences has worked for me in the past.

I didn’t want to skulk out without saying thanks and goodbye though. I’ve spent 15 years posting on here and I love it but I think I need to find a different outlet and ways to use my time.

To paraphrase Good Morning Vietnam …

“You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any man in history.”

Look after yourself Ted. See you back here soon hopefully.

That’s kind of you, it’s not so much the forum as being online in general. Everywhere you go now; news apps, Twitter, football coverage, it’s like there’s a black cloud hanging over everything. I know that if I stop doom scrolling and inviting negativity in every single time I take my phone out of my pocket I’ll be better for it. Football has always been one of my main distraction but I just can’t stand what it is now. Persisting with a football forum feels counter productive.

The more I drink, the worse I feel. The more time I spend online, the worse I feel about the world. I know I need to make some changes to my life and cutting out negative influences has worked for me in the past.

I didn’t want to skulk out without saying thanks and goodbye though. I’ve spent 15 years posting on here and I love it but I think I need to find a different outlet and ways to use my time.
I will always remember you for the soup. And Curveball! Have a good life!

Understand completely. Take care.

You're right, online experiences are generally negative and time wasting IF you use the main players such as Tik Tok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. They have all caught on to the sad fact that most of us are enchanted by seeing someone fall over, addicted to life hack videos, hooked on seeing chav arguments, bewitched by pretty much anything that is a waste of time and does nothing to further the viewer's life, quite the opposite in fact.

Ted, I think this forum is fine. Last session was a shitter so negativity was bound to increase, and there are a few on here that are beyond miserable (maybe this has rubbed off from other platforms and they are just echoing the attitudes on here) but on the whole, it's quite different to other social media.

Why not go offline for a while, then treat yourself to some Joe_Fox when you feel the itch return.

Also, on a serious point, you mentioned your drinking. Hope that's not a problem? Try to do at least two nights a week with no booze. I reckon that if you find that hard then perhaps it's time to seek help.

Cheers,
Joe_Fox

There is a scary amount of negativity and unpleasantness around the world at the moment.

I come on here and enjoy reading stuff from people I've never met that have a common footballing wish and desire. I don't agree with everyone here on a lot of things, but that's only right. Coming here stops me going on news sites and social media - there is so much to avoid, to stay sane.

TalkingBalls is better than a lot in the world now.

You stay safe Ted. Take care.

I read our Reddit stub too, and keep on eye on other sources, but don't engage. I'm not one to be able to post something in 250 words or less, which seems to be the general requirement, so I'm ruled out by preference. I followed the discord channel for a while but there was no added value there. FT is too much for me and I get lost in the noise.

Noooooooo **** that Teddddd. I’m gutted to read this, but I do utterly respect it. You’ll be missed.

Hi Ted, that’s a shame as your contribution is always interesting and amusing.

I do understand though.

Good luck and keep Homer away from your starfish.

It is indeed.

I'm with you. Still read through bits and pieces but I've lost faith and interest with most things football related.

Tbh, my interest has been rekindled by this new chapter. I'm not sure I would have lasted another year of Rodgersball. I think the club needed this reset.
Agreed. Possibly one of the most turgid seasons in a hell of a long time.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663