They're talking about us

This isn't the first time he's posted this sort of thing and I really don't think we want to debate the implications of what he's saying on this forum.

However, I really don't think that he should be making public statements such as this. I'm really surprised that the club allow it.

I agree. Also, pound to a penny he could not name the river, or possibly, the sea.

This isn't the first time he's posted this sort of thing and I really don't think we want to debate the implications of what he's saying on this forum.

However, I really don't think that he should be making public statements such as this. I'm really surprised that the club allow it.

Saw that earlier. Is that actually him?

Not a shocker that he shares this view - he's from a Muslim family and almost exclusively Muslims stick together especially when it comes to Jews/Israel.

I don't think opinions on anything political etc., should be allowed to be expressed whilst contracted to LCFC. It's a complex issue, with good and both on both ends, victims on both sides, bloodshed, death, propaganda.

Social media pisses me off.

I'd take that bet every day of the week
Me too.

I find it quite amusing the amount people who jump on a bandwagon without any knowledge about the topic - not just with this issue but across the board.

The amount of associates on my socials who post random things and their literal answer is "well I've not done much research on the topic, but..."

People just want to belong. They want to be part of a movement. Feel like they have brothers in arms. Society is lost nowadays. Perhaps one of the failures of the West and it's version of individualism.

All rather sad if you ask me.

The fact that you’re a professional footballer doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be allowed to voice an opinion.
It probably should mean you have an extra responsibility not to incite racial hatred though......

Innocent people have suffered immensely on the Israeli side as well. So if this is a show of compassion for innocent sufferers, then why was there no Israeli flag?

I mean. You put it up, you gotta own it now. Hamza, as expected, has a very clearly allegiance. He should own his post in support of Palestine or should've never posted it in the first place. Idiot.

Hamza: "I'm sorry for any offence this has caused. I share the hope of people around the world that a peaceful resolution can bring an end to the ongoing suffering of innocent people in this conflict."

The FA is aware of the original post by Choudhury and is understood to be considering whether it breaches any regulations.

LCFC: "We have discussed the matter with Hamza, and shared our concerns that views expressed in this manner - without sufficient context on a deeply nuanced and sensitive topic - are open to misinterpretation, which risks unintentional offence among sections of our communities.

"The thoughts of Leicester City Football Club remain with all the innocent victims of the tragic events unfolding in Israel and Palestine, their families and the communities affected."

I'm not sure of his use of the word 'inshaAllah' in this context. Does he really only want a peaceful resolution and an end to the suffering if God wills? Presumably that would mean he wants war and suffering to continue if God wills. He really needs to think about his words more clearly.
He's an idiot.

What a load of bollocks. If it was a footballer posting an Israeli flag, not a single person would complain.
Of course they would. Your premise is ridiculous.
If people don’t like his opinion or if they misinterpret it, that’s on them.
Even his later statement, as I suggest above, is wide open to interpretation and possible misinterpretation. In his position he really needs to be more careful to be clear in his statements.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463