They're talking about us

Of course they would. Your premise is ridiculous.

Even his later statement, as I suggest above, is wide open to interpretation and possible misinterpretation. In his position he really needs to be more careful to be clear in his statements.
Quite, references to “if god wills” is very offensive to most people and as already stated, wide open for misinterpretation.

Whose god?

There is no harm in him having any view he wishes. His mistake is inflicting his view on the rest of footballing society in an ill-advised, thoughtless and (it appears) in support of Hamas.

If he had just kept his mouth closed there is no issue. Now he brings LCFC into the spotlight and by doing so forces them into releasing a statement and conducting a “damage limitation” exercise.

Really stupid stuff Hamza, well done.

What a load of bollocks. If it was a footballer posting an Israeli flag, not a single person would complain. If people don’t like his opinion or if they misinterpret it, that’s on them.
Plenty actually would complain. But they'd instantly be denounced as nazi sympathisers, anti-semites & holocaust deniers. That's the reality of the world we live in. Everything is presented as black & white. Braverman's ridiculous comments yesterday are proof enough of that.

"These are the good guys. No other opinion is allowed"

We live in the age of opinion presented as fact. Having a different opinion automatically means you're wrong. Debate & discussion is a waste of time. Move on to the next hideous atrocity. & repeat.

As always, humanity is led by hideous psychotic filth that should be locked up somewhere away from children & sharp objects.

People looking up to idiots who happen to kick a bag of air around is the problem, not the fact that they have opinions.

Hamza is a bit dim bless him, like the vast majority of players who put ball in front of book in youth.

Who knows what pressure Hamza faces from his 'community' or certain people in his life to make a statement, perhaps non, I don't really care either way.

Stop giving a **** what footballers do or think, it will only end in tears.

I do not think that this is a reasonable comment. In an incredibly complex situation in which many people hold very strong opinions, we all need to think twice, or even three times, before we open our mouths, let alone post things on the internet.
Agreed again. Hamza should have thought about it. BTW, if he has heard of the River Jordan, I would be hugely surprised.

Plenty actually would complain. But they'd instantly be denounced as nazi sympathisers, anti-semites & holocaust deniers. That's the reality of the world we live in. Everything is presented as black & white. Braverman's ridiculous comments yesterday are proof enough of that.

"These are the good guys. No other opinion is allowed"

We live in the age of opinion presented as fact. Having a different opinion automatically means you're wrong. Debate & discussion is a waste of time. Move on to the next hideous atrocity. & repeat.

As always, humanity is led by hideous psychotic filth that should be locked up somewhere away from children & sharp objects.
That’s about the measure of it.

What a load of bollocks. If it was a footballer posting an Israeli flag, not a single person would complain. If people don’t like his opinion or if they misinterpret it, that’s on them.
I think you're absolutely incorrect. If one of the lads posted an Israel flag, there would be the same uproar but from a very specific sector of society. Just go on Twitter to see the abuse of anyone posting an Israeli flag.

The key difference is the amount of power wielded by the people providing the uproar.

Good example of why this stuff is so complicated. No doubt a well intentioned comment, but basically a trope.

The mere mention of money and power in relation to Israel should not immediately be seen as an antisemitic trope.

This is from the organisation Open Secrets, who track data on American campaign finance and lobbying:

One of, if not the most, powerful international issue lobby is that of the pro-Israel crowd. Well-financed and politically powerful, the pro-Israel lobby is a major force on American foreign affairs that looks to continue America's military and fiscal support of the Jewish nation-state. The lobby has had recent policy success with the Trump administration moving the U.S. embassy in Israel from the internationally-recognized capital of Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a move long advocated by some in the pro-Israel lobby. Notably however, JStreet, one of the larger pro-Israel groups opposed the move. The administration is very friendly with the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and has taken a hard line on Israel peace talks, barely talking to the Palestinians and ending all foreign aid to the West Bank and Gaza.

‘’They’re not talking about us anymore’’
I agree - Can this be moved to another thread of its own please?

I understand where it has come from, but it's a very important topic in itself and the conversation has moved on from the Hamza involvement.

Good example of why this stuff is so complicated. No doubt a well intentioned comment, but basically a trope.
This is only an issue for anyone wishing to conflate the state of Israel, the general citizens of Israel, and Jewish people in general. I didn't do that in my comment, but the fact is that there is more power on one side of this - that's what come from having a recognised state, a government that is far freer to manage an economy with which it can buy arms and run professional security forces, and the full backing of the world's only superpower (including a great many donors and politicians inspired by a different religion) - none of which has anything to do with the faith or ethnicity of the people on the ground.

As it is though, it is common for Muslims in the UK to say that they feel that they are judged by a harsher set of rules than their fellow citizens. A case in point is the phrase that kicked this discussion off "From the river to the sea" - the map below shows the map of the UN resolution for a free Israel and Palestine, you will see that there is indeed a route from the Jordan to the Med. As a white man of no outwardly visible faith, I'd be unlikely to draw the opprobium that Hamza has if I were to call for these UN agreed borders to be restored though. Another is the police saying that they will react to any protestor mentioning the word 'Jihad'. As someone with no more than a passing familiarity with Islam should know, that word is just Arabic for 'struggle', indeed it is as much of tenent of Islam for it's adherents to 'wage jihad against all forms of injustice' as it is for Christians to 'turn the other cheek' - there is obviously a great injustice here, although we can disagree about degrees and solutions, so why effectively outlaw saying so?

Attachments

• palestine-israel-1.jpeg
    palestine-israel-1.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 18
Jeff, can i ask you to get involved in moving this topical and emotional part of the thread.

It no longer has anything to do with football or Leicester City.

Thank you

Just been pointed out to me 18 Thai nationals are hostages of Hamas. Wonder if our owners are totally happy with Hamza’s tweet. May never know I suppose.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463