They're talking about us

One of the top three away days ever for me this. Sensational afternoon.

I was at that game had a fantastic weekend in Southend I think that was the first goal we let in that season

One of the top three away days ever for me this. Sensational afternoon.

Oh yes

Multiple renditions of " It's where old cockneys go to die "

warm beer in the sunshine

rough Essex birds in the pubs at night, anybody's for a bag of chips & a couple of Bacardis,

robbing the fag machine

Old school football days out. Little did we know they were about to fade into history

Okay, so this actually isn't them talking about us, it's about Sheffield Utd. And I know Stan Collymore might not be the most trusted pundit...

But I have a feeling, if we do make it over the line this season, a lot of this is likely to be said about us next season.

I'm also now wondering if BN is actually Stan Collymore...

I’ll be waiting to see what the Daily Mail have to say about it, thank you very much
Just read their sports editorial. They reckon if Sheffield Utd had fewer foreigners and Princess Di up front, they’d be at least mid table.

Mid table would be fine though, they don’t want to be in Europe.

Unless it’s 4-4-2 with a big man and a small man up top I’m not interested.

It worked 30 years ago it would work now…

Unless it’s 4-4-2 with a big man and a small man up top I’m not interested.

It worked 30 years ago it would work now…
Unless it’s 1-1-8 with most of them being thugs I’m not interested. It worked 140 years ago, it would work now.

Well if Stan Collymore says it, it must be true.

Essentially I think he's right.

He's essentially saying (or trying to) that the way we played when we won the league would cause ****ing havoc in that league and it absolutely would.

Sadly football has been hijacked by copycat hipsters who haven't got a ****ing clue how to win a game of football.

I remember when football was a results business not a playing the right way business.

Leicester 15/16 would ****ing murder that league.

I cannot believe I'm actually reading Leicester City Fans suggest that football has moved on and must be played in a certain way.

Are we all forgetting 15/16? Have we been so totally brainwashed by Enzoball?

That 11 from 15/16 would absolutely beat this lot. As well as half the premier league or more.
For the record I am leaning towards a big man/little man combo would probably work extremely well simply because most modern managers wouldn't expect it.

I cannot believe I'm actually reading Leicester City Fans suggest that football has moved on and must be played in a certain way.

Are we all forgetting 15/16? Have we been so totally brainwashed by Enzoball?

That 11 from 15/16 would absolutely beat this lot. As well as half the premier league or more.
For the record I am leaning towards a big man/little man combo would probably work extremely well simply because most modern managers wouldn't expect it.
The premier league champions would beat a team currently in our lowest league position for a decade. Hot take!

Are you suggesting Kante might have the beating of Yunus Akgun??

It's the cult of Pep.

It has indoctrinated most people. Players and coaches love it because it's easy. Journalists love wanking themselves silly about it and dopey fans have fallen for it.

I'm all in favour of evolving the game and don't wear rose tinted glasses about 4-4-fecking-2 but if you dare question the cult, you just get accused of being thick or stuck in the past.

It's a debate I've tried having and have become tired of. Suffice it to say that this is all just another phase of football and I personally cannot wait for it to get found out.

Basically the way football is played now means that the most expensively assembled squad wins.

Everyone plays the same way, so the team with the best players prevails.

It’s worked fine in this league for us, until we lost a few key players and now we’ve wobbled.

So I think our approach has been largely right in this division. I’ll be the first to criticise if we do go up and don’t adjust as we will have probably one of the weaker squads in that league. We aren’t there yet though. That’s the entitlement bit.

Basically the way football is played now means that the most expensively assembled squad wins.

Everyone plays the same way, so the team with the best players prevails.
Yep and it's one of the reasons football is now boring as ****

Change at the right time, can be good.

During that brilliant season, we played Stoke at home, they had a corner, we pushed 3, yes 3, up to the half way line.

Stoke players looked over to the bench, asking wtf do we do??

Great to watch

When did we put just one player up top for a corner??

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463