Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Beagrie - I hate this guy!! Terrible commentator and if one of the teams come from north of Sheffield he is completely bias and starts explaining how brilliant they are.

and for some unknown reason seems to hate us with an absolute passion.

and for some unknown reason seems to hate us with an absolute passion.

I did think it was just us to start with but it is any club he deems to be "southern". It truly is embarassing, from listening to him last night you would have though Doncaster were world beaters even though they got done 3-1 by West Brom.

Charity bags, asking for old clothes etc. We must get 6 a week, quite often from the same charity/firm that posted a bag through the door a fortnight ago.

The odd time we do put out a bag nobody bothers to collect it anyway.

Charity bags, asking for old clothes etc. We must get 6 a week, quite often from the same charity/firm that posted a bag through the door a fortnight ago.

That's because all your clothes are from Primark and Asda

Not even the scavvin' fecks down the charity shop would buy them second hand

know the feeling, I've had 2 already this week

know the feeling, I've had 2 already this week

Be careful. Many of them are not from charities at all. they are from business fronting as charities. They collect the clothes for free then sell them onto eastern europe for a tidy sum. They then donate a small amount as little as 1-2% to charity which allows them to continue to advertise it as a charity collection. The only way I give stuff to charity shops is to take it into the charity shop of my choice.

Unfortunately this does mean that the genuine charities miss out on the collections but its the only way to be sure.

Be careful. Many of them are not from charities at all. they are from business fronting as charities. They collect the clothes for free then sell them onto eastern europe for a tidy sum. They then donate a small amount as little as 1-2% to charity which allows them to continue to advertise it as a charity collection. The only way I give stuff to charity shops is to take it into the charity shop of my choice.

Unfortunately this does mean that the genuine charities miss out on the collections but its the only way to be sure.

there are only 1 or 2 from genuine charities that get any donations from me, the rest go in the bin. I cant stand the ones that use it to make profit out of people's good nature

I was surprised when I first started reading the back of these charity bags as to who gets the money and how little the charity gets.

Take it to the shops. Even if the stuff is tatty they can often get rag money for it.

I was surprised when I first started reading the back of these charity bags as to who gets the money and how little the charity gets.

Take it to the shops. Even if the stuff is tatty they can often get rag money for it.

I always read the back to but that can be misleading IMO. Best bet as you say is to take 5 minutes to drop it there yourself. I saw something on East Midlands news the other night where one company had been just dumping the clothes down some country lane. Seems a waste after collecting them!

All of your neighbours know of your aversion to these bags and take turns to post theirs through your letter-box.

This gang and the indifference this poor woman and daughter suffered at the hands of the Council and the fuzz. :icon_conf

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....ang-abuse/article-1348591-detail/article.html

Absolutely piss-poor response by the authorities, but WTF are those kids playing at. I would guess most of them come from what we would describe as " stable families ". Don't tell me that their parents didn't have an inkling of what was going on. What ever happened to parental responsibilty?

Absolutely piss-poor response by the authorities, but WTF are those kids playing at. I would guess most of them come from what we would describe as " stable families ". Don't tell me that their parents didn't have an inkling of what was going on. What ever happened to parental responsibilty?
You don't expect to have children and then bring them up yourself, do you? :icon_roll

You have never been to Barwell have you RS?

The definition of confusion is clearly understood if you visit Barwell on Fathers Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669