This cannot go on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wasnt just down to bates money he is rich but not that rich, down to clever money management, from what I know they sold their stadium and training ground and other assets. Probably not great long term plans actually but it may be more prudent then a crippling debt. I also think they refinanced some debt so they paying xxp in the £.

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14379

See thread, all explained in there.

On the point about the club meeting the fans and the poor turnout. This is something I would deffinatly attend, however the offical site never tells the us date, and in general I only become aware its happening on the day, usually when someone is saying they are going. How can they expect a good attendance when they don't publicise it? Just one more thing the club is unable to do, add it to the list.

The last one was well publicised by the club, and on here, in advance of it happening.

The meeting was on August 17th, they put these stories on the website on 11/8 and 15/8:
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~880520,00.html
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~882539,00.html

There was a thread started here on 8/8:
http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13858

I'm sure it was also mentioned on Radio Leicester, over the PA system at the Ipswich match - probably in the programme too.

The FT said on here a few months ago that they would ask Martin George if he would consider a buy out attempt at the club. What ever came of this?

I have it on very good authority that the club is trying to secure investment from wealthy individuals, and has met people in the attempt to get them investing. However the one I know of went tits up (No shock there) and is no longer intrested in investing.

I also heard that Mandaric was more than just a rumor and did apporch the board, but he too was put off it. This however was from a less reliable source.

On the point about the club meeting the fans and the poor turnout. This is something I would deffinatly attend, however the offical site never tells the us date, and in general I only become aware its happening on the day, usually when someone is saying they are going. How can they expect a good attendance when they don't publicise it? Just one more thing the club is unable to do, add it to the list.

I also heard mandaric made an approach from a reliable source but havent heard any followup so I assumed it turned stale.

Within your question lies the answer. They don't want us there

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/72/89/0,,10274~35186,00.pdf

these posters are a step forward:

OS
Leicester City fans can now help promote the Foxes' forthcoming fixtures in their local community.

A downloadable poster will be published on the official website in the run-up to every home game.

And City are appealing to supporters to get the poster seen wherever they can in a bid to increase awareness of the club's forthcoming matches in the community.

As a reward for their efforts the club are offering tickets for upcoming games to the fans that come up with the most effective and imaginative poster placements.

So you could put up the poster in your workplace, at school, in your window at home or simply in your car!

Spotters from the club will be out and about in the local counties - and they could pay you a visit to thank you in person for your help.

And make sure you send us pictures of your efforts which the club will publicise on the official website and in the matchday magazine.

The poster can be printed out in colour or black and white and can be blown up to any size.

But please make sure you gain permission from business/building proprietors before putting up the posters.

And don't forget to send in your photographs to stand the chance of winning a prize.

Email your pictures to [email protected]

Scarbs - The attendance that was being discussed was for the fans meeting with Andrew Taylor, not football matches. There is only one answer to attendance figures at matches and that is to play better football. Yesterday was a step in the right direction

Last edited:
Did no one see the post where I linked to the two stories on their website about it?

It was very well publicised, I can't believe anyone who goes to matches, and uses the internet didn't hear about it, unless everyone was on holiday that week.

The meeting was very well publicised by the club they cant take any blame for that.

Well we missed out on Christian Vieri then, he has just signed for Atalanta, on the minimum wage of 1500 Euros A MONTH!!!!!!!!! and his wages will only be boosted if he scores goals, the club are payng him a rumoured 50K euros per goal.

See all big star names dont come expensive
It's a good idea, bonuses for goals and clean sheets, let them earn the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669