This cannot go on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. If the fecking players played to their ability and won matches at home that would attract more fans, thus more money from tickets, catering etc. Would not be a massive amopunt but something to build on.
That's the key to generating more funds. We have players that are capable of playing good, decent and attractive football, but they don't.

Get them playing and people will enjoy the games and keep coming back. This can only be done from inside the club. If the players can't sort this out themselves, then the manager needs to sort them. If the manager can't sort them, he needs to be sorted. But by whom?

It is so simple the club can't see it. Play decent football for heavens sake and we will watch it.

Instead of all this marketing nonsense, spend the money on improving the coaching

Last edited:
Alarming stuff !

Is the feeling of all / most of the forum ?

What are you doing to change things / bring this to the attention of the wider fan base ?
The Fans Committee is turning into a forum where the club say they are disappointed by the drop in attendances, then ask how they can get the fans back. They then ask how they can improve the atmosphere. Most of us feel that it's patently obvious how this will be done, and it doesn't involve free flags, bands or whatever. In the past, atmosphere was a spontaneous thing but the apathy of those who go to the games (ignoring those who don't) should be visible from where they stand. As for bringing things to the attention of the wider fan base, there doesn't seem any point with regards to the above as it's the same thing every time.
It was interesting in the last meeting where we were told that the club had identified where we are and where we want to be. Whilst they want the club to be up there challenging, it seems the only action was to release the funds that got us the signings in the summer. It's hard for us, as no doubt there are things that go on that we will never be told about, but you get the impression that people are scratching their heads and waiting for the answers rather than being proactive.
Finally, with regards to fans input, the last open meeting had a piss poor attendance, and whilst it looks like the majority of fans on forums like this have serious concerns over the future of this club, the majority of fans who attended were more than happy to slap the current regime on the back and thank them for the good work they are doing. The one person who stood up and bemoaned the lack of ambition that the club is showing was slapped down (metaphorically speaking of course) by the audience more than the club itself.

Last edited:
But if we do go down, the value of these players go down too, as buying clubs would realise we are in the shit and offer us less for them, they are not going to offer the going market value are they?

Whilst not completely disagreeing with what you say, it is fair to point out that many of our players are young enough to be under the threshold for a 'Bosman transfer'. Even if the player were to be out-of-contract we could still ask for a fee and if we're not happy with what is offered, we could ask the FA to step in and apply their formula.

The Fans Committee is turning into a forum where the club say they are disappointed by the drop in attendances, then ask how they can get the fans back. They then ask how they can improve the atmosphere. Most of us feel that it's patently obvious how this will be done, and it doesn't involve free flags, bands or whatever. In the past, atmosphere was a spontaneous thing but the apathy of those who go to the games (ignoring those who don't) should be visible from where they stand. As for bringing things to the attention of the wider fan base, there doesn't seem any point with regards to the above as it's the same thing every time.
It was interesting in the last meeting where we were told that the club had identified where we are and where we want to be. Whilst they want the club to be up there challenging, it seems the only action was to release the funds that got us the signings in the summer. It's hard for us, as no doubt there are things that go on that we will never be told about, but you get the impression that people are scratching their heads and waiting for the answers rather than being proactive.
Finally, with regards to fans input, the last open meeting had a piss poor attendance, and whilst it looks like the majority of fans on forums like this have serious concerns over the future of this club, the majority of fans who attended were more than happy to slap the current regime on the back and thank them for the good work they are doing. The one person who stood up and bemoaned the lack of ambition that the club is showing was slapped down (metaphorically speaking of course) by the audience more than the club itself.

Amazing what the offer of a few free sandwiches will do to people. :icon_roll

Interesting stuff Lee and really confirms what we've all been saying. I thought the role of the Foxes Trust would have been to give the club the 'word on the street' but it would appear that either this doesn't happen or it doesn't get through to those at the top.

Amazing what the offer of a few free sandwiches will do to people. :icon_roll

Interesting stuff Lee and really confirms what we've all been saying. I thought the role of the Foxes Trust would have been to give the club the 'word on the street' but it would appear that either this doesn't happen or it doesn't get through to those at the top.
To be fair, most of the committee are not involved with the trust, although they are represented.

Redditch - please expand your thoughts on "to compensate for its financial incapacity and ineptitude that prevents it from running LCFC in the way that most supporters think acceptable" - so what is acceptable?

The reference to "financial incapacity" means that no one on the board has the ability or alternatively the desire to invest in the club to the degree needed to boost the club's playing resources.

The reference to "ineptitude" refers to the the series of shallow commercial and marketing gimmicks that increasing cut no ice and attempts to divert attention to trivial (in comparison with the serious business of football which is about winning matches) issues.

My definition of "acceptable" is Leicester City punching its weight as a football club. Now, I am not saying that the board or its supporters (like the FT) are bad people.....just that they do not have the wherewithall to run a successful football club at the level that most supporters think reasonable.

The present situation is slowly killing off interest.....everybody knows that.
Does that clarify?

- Flag give away
- The Fans Band
- Steel Band
- Fox Lot
- Silly Banner
- Trip in a Transit
- Supporters "put up a poster" campaign
- That bus outside the ground
- That dragster outside the ground

What were the objectives of these campaigns?, what was the nett outcome?, did we achieve the targets?, where they profitable, if not what was the nett loss?

For those that are still active, are we on target, are we losing money on them, are we making money on them

The flags - It's only 2 or 3 home games since these were introduced and I now only see 1 or 2 at each game and I'm in the family stand. What was the goal for this? We spent (x) amount of pounds on these to give away to people that were already in the ground, they was here anyway FFS, therefore it is just an expense and they are coming off the profit margin, not increasing it. The players certainly didn't appreciate the "improved" atmosphere because of them

The personailised fixture list - Has this been profitable, has it increased revenue, or is it just an unneeded expense?

The Steel Band - I presume (or hope) that these are just volunteers

Play decent football and we can forget about all of the above nonsense

The flags are a waste of money. As you pointed out Melts, there weren't many there at all on Tuesday night. I saw a load of them on the floor and in the bushes outside of the ground when they were first introduced.

The fixture lists are a waste of money. Yeah, they come in handy for when we want to know who/when we are playing. But fans can easily find this information should they require it.

- Flag give away

The flags - It's only 2 or 3 home games since these were introduced and I now only see 1 or 2 at each game and I'm in the family stand. What was the goal for this? We spent (x) amount of pounds on these to give away to people that were already in the ground, they was here anyway FFS, therefore it is just an expense and they are coming off the profit margin, not increasing it. The players certainly didn't appreciate the "improved" atmosphere because of them

Play decent football and we can forget about all of the above nonsense

This one got up my nose. If took you own customised flag to the ground with stick coming out of it, the stewards would not allow it. When LCFC spend some dosh on them, they are okay.

Even if we play decent football, pleasing on the eye, and see the players giving effort. The fans will come. For example, I would happily watch Luton a team of good footballers working hard, they never threaten to be any better than 8th place but they are a team worth watching.

3 ways to increase income

1 - Allow someone to invest properly ie. become chairman get control etc. Not by selling the chairman position for 250k.

2 - Incentives to come to games for new fans, try to fill the ground rather then milking profits from who does attend so things like £5 to see weaker teams £10 for the likes of norwich birmingham etc. Or perhaps £25 but gives you 5 bonus games. Its not as if we dont have the capacity.

3 - Increase public awareness, news stories are thin and few and the mercury needs to be more involved.

Winning games alone wont do much to increase attendances whilst we charge £25 their is bigger problems then that.

Bonus one for you.

4 - Speculate to accumulate, exciting squad additions will generate interest in the club again from the public.

Personally I feel more has to been done to attract the next generation of Leicester fans. I know six kids what going Tuesday's match but they decided against it at £12. One lad and his Dad (who is a Liverpool season ticket holder and missed the PSV game because of it) both were not impressed at all.

The club has to stop thinking the fans will come because they always have. Lets take the attitude of sports like Basketball, Ice Hockey and Speedway. Every fan is as important as the next one. They often have a big payday normally a bank holiday, a Xmas fixture etc. days when not a full schedule of football is on. Now, the team or club must have three things which will attract 'floaters'

a) A Winning team, everyone will come if its a winning team
b) A Competitive team, if its exciting people will watch
c) Are the kids enjoying it?
d) Right atmosphere?

Now if City were for example to do a free tickets for schools promotion, they would have to step up everything in order to get these floaters fans. Surely the clubs current scheme in the Family Stand, Under 8's go free is very similar. If the club has to lose a bit of money, than so be it because if done correctly it could be a winner long-term.

Another way of creating an occasion is to hype the fixture up through the media, if it takes a war of words to get a crowd do it. Put some spice in Derby matches. The club never took full opportunity of last season's Hull game which thorough the local media could have been perceived as 'Payback Time'.

Another way is to get all the dosh left and sign one recognisable player on loan, make a big occasion. IE. Mancini style, people couldnt believe we had signed an ex-Italian international.

I have just noticed that City are going to deal which is kind of thing which will attract me to the ground.

If you buy a Southampton ticket, you can buy either a Stoke or Palace one with it and it costs £25 and a tenner for kids.

Last edited:
I have just noticed that City are going to deal which is kind of thing which will attract me to the ground.

If you buy a Southampton ticket, you can buy either a Stoke or Palace one with it and it costs £25 and a tenner for kids.

Those soert of packages are a good idea - several clubs have done something similar & they have proved quite popular. if they are used carefully they can get people to buy tickets for relatively unpopular games on the back of one of the real crowd pullers.

Hazzman said:
Another way is to get all the dosh left and sign one recognisable player on loan, make a big occasion. IE. Mancini style, people couldnt believe we had signed an ex-Italian international.

I think that would be a smart move.

Can anyone tell me of a time before now when Leicester City had a team totally devoid of any personalities combined with not a single player with special ability nor who transmitted massive enthusiasm that could draw people to the ground?

I've been following the club since the days of Arthur Rowley, Johnny Morris, Jack Froggart....and i can't believe how totally bland we have become. Bland board, bland management, bland players.

The board wont have the brains nor nerve to do it..but to bring even an seriously ageing star name would quickly pay off through attendances.

Finally, RK is quoted on teletext as saying that "nothing is radically wrong". I would be much more impressed with him if he came out and said that there is something radically wrong with Leicester City and that he wants to help to try to change things round.

3 ways to increase income

1 - Allow someone to invest properly ie. become chairman get control etc. Not by selling the chairman position for 250k.

Where is this list of people who were put off because they weren't allowed to invest properly? Or failing a list, perhaps you could come up with one name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669