This cannot go on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
1966 - I would say the view of many fans I know is that the club are slowly fading in to a major decline. Attendances are falling, so is our league position and there doesnt seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel. There doesn't seem to be any one person at fault or to blame but the feeling is there needs to be a change at the club. We've tried changing players and managers and albeit for the odd, short term benefit it doesnt appear to make any difference to the overall picture. It seems to many of us that the club needs a change at the top, preferably with money but even without it.

Stop the rot!
Agree with that, although I'd change "slowly fading" to "fading at an increasing and alarming rate" - after all, whilst not wanting to continually harp on about better times like F****t fans do, it's an inescapable fact that we DID win one of the three major domestic trophies available to English clubs just six years ago...

:tumbleweed:

Agree with that, although I'd change "slowly fading" to "fading at an increasing and alarming rate" - after all, whilst not wanting to continually harp on about better times like F****t fans do, it's an inescapable fact that we DID win one of the three major domestic trophies available to English clubs just six years ago...

:tumbleweed:

Thats fecking depressed me again.............thanks DF you tosser...:icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

is going to quite enough to compensate for its financial incapacity and ineptitude that prevents it from running LCFC in the way that most supporters think acceptable...and to exercise some strong decision making in the appointment of the sort of manager that is likely to play a strong role in meeting those aspirations and maintaining the traditions of the club as a competitive force.

I understand that RK is a bit of a 'reluctant hero' and never threw himself at the job...and my main sentiment when appointed was to feel sorry for him.

Lets face it....the club is going down and down and down...and the bottom line for the FT is that it is essentially an apologist for the board.

No we aren't, but we are more aware of the financial constraints than most.

How many posts only a few months ago were saying "got to appoint RK it's a no brainer"

Redditch - please expand your thoughts on "to compensate for its financial incapacity and ineptitude that prevents it from running LCFC in the way that most supporters think acceptable" - so what is acceptable?

Ambition has nothing to do with money, it is about being positive and wanting to make a difference regardless of circumstance. !!

Totally agree with that

Ambition comes from the very top, if the top men are dynamic and have a defined vision of what they want the business to become, it's principles and a realistic plan of how it can be achieved then it can then be cascaded down to the rest of the employees and just as importantly it's customers.

IMO that ambition does not exist at LCFC, neither does the innovation, drive and determination to succeed. It is a club treading water, who are unable to divert away from Plan A, their one and only plan.

The new chairman spoke about the club needing to be more ambitious at the last shareholders meeting & the fact he is now a full time paid executive chairman (rather then a part time non-exec as previous) considerably ups the expectation on what should be delivered.

We have always expressed our view to the board that too much was expected of one man (TD) to be the only full time paid director driving the club on, however as soon as more paid directors were added, most message board posts criticised the costs involved. Just like players, you have to pay to get results.

As for Kelly, why didn't he be a little more innovative in his summer dealings, he went out and blew the budget on 4 players, 2 who seemed to be signed as a contigency in case we lost Kisnorbo and / or Stearman. Why didnt he look to the loan markets, as well, sign a couple of players on season long loans.

The fear of losing those 2 or McCarthy was a factor in the signings for sure, having learnt from selling Connolly at the last minute of the window before, with no cover & that certainly cost us.

Cannot afford any loans on top of 4 signings, most of those signings were not budgeted for, so already stretched the finances. The loss of the parachute payment was bound to have an impact

we have a board prepared to accept mediocrity, surviving in the division is now success, no innovation from the boardroom to generate new or increased revenue streams, just the same old tired methods. Imagine what message that sends out to the Manager, the players and worst of all the fans. It is a cancer that is running through our club and we need to deal with it NOW !!

So what would your top 3 tips to the board to generate more funds?

Differnt forum same excuses, if your more aware then most of our financial situation please enlighten us all.

:038: hello talking balls. :)

Can anyone tell me, if we were to get relegated, what would happen to the club? Would we go into admin again? Would we fold completely? Would we survive at all? If we did survive, would we be able to compete?

We wouldn't go into administration & would survive, but a number of players would depart, as there is no doubt other Championship clubs would come in with bids (plus the queue of Prem clubs for Nissa?)

That is one advantage of the squad make up, most are young enough to have some value, go back a couple of years & this wasn't the case.

Whether we would compete depends on who is left, who we would bring in etc.

But it's a long way to yet

We wouldn't go into administration & would survive, but a number of players would depart, as there is no doubt other Championship clubs would come in with bids ( plus the queue of Prem clubs for Nissa?):038:

That is one advantage of the squad make up, most are young enough to have some value, go back a couple of years & this wasn't the case.

Whether we would compete depends on who is left, who we would bring in etc.

But it's a long way to yet

That should net us a few million :icon_lol:

The loss of the parachute payment was bound to have an impact

I am fed up of hearing about the difference the loss of the parachute payments makes. The parachute payments are there to pay the contracts of players who have been taken on at Prem League salaries. We have nobody left who was with us when we were last in the Prem, so we should have no need for the parachute payments.

They, the FT, and their newly created oompah band, will be proudly singing "Abide With Me" as the ship sinks slowly to the bottom of the sea

We had nothing to do with this band idea.

In June 05 we surveyed our members about pre-match stuff, the club had mentioned a drummer idea then, the question & % responses were:

Q2 At some clubs the introduction of a drummer has seemed to lead to an increase in the level of chanting by the fans. If a drummer was introduced at City games which statement do you most agree with:

a) Be in favour, I think this would encourage me to join in more with vocal support of the club - 23.5%

b) Be pleased with their introduction & enjoy the kind of atmosphere created - 25.7%

c) Be indifferent to their introduction - 15.6%

d) Be against their introduction - 34.1%

These results were supplied to the club with the following comment

"So more fans would be active, but got to counter balance with a higher percentage (over a third ) being against it, some indicating they would quit season tickets if went ahead."

In subsequent conversations we said as less than 1/4 of fans would generate more noise as a result (the purpose of said drummer) we would advise against it.

We have had no reason to change that view

I am fed up of hearing about the difference the loss of the parachute payments makes. The parachute payments are there to pay the contracts of players who have been taken on at Prem League salaries. We have nobody left who was with us when we were last in the Prem, so we should have no need for the parachute payments.

They probably also spent the parachute money on (relatively) expensive wages for players like Williams, de Vries and Douglas, expecting to get promoted again fairly quickly.

I suppose the question is was the club right to do that?
If they hadn't done that they'd probably be accused of lacking ambition.

Ah, that old chesnut.

Some come on Boc - how about listing say 5 or 6 of these people who are ready & willing to run the club

Have you deliberately chosen to misinterpret my post? I was clearly commenting on the subject of consultation and suggesting that it is the job of the board to run the club and not the job of the fans. I would have thought that was plain to everybody and would be pleased if you would consider withdrawing your 'chestnut' remark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669