This fella ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxybru

There's been much debate about loan strikers with CL admitting to scouring the market...

I reckon this boy would be the dogs bollocks for us in the Championship.

Sinama-Pongolle set for loan move

o.gif
_41080442_sinamapongolle203.jpg

Sinama-Pongolle's career statistics

Liverpool's Florent Sinama-Pongolle could be set for a loan move to Spanish side Real Betis.

Sadly, looks like the horse has bolted.

Any other possibilities anyone think "could do a job" ?
or... are there persistent rumours out there ?

This rumour went around ages ago and was a complete load of bollocks, so no, won't happen.

He won't come here and I'm not sure he'd be the answer to our Goalscoring problem.He's not really a Goalscorer.Good player never the less.I read Stephen Pearson is available for loan at Celtic not a Striker obviously but might be useful in our midfield.

A would rather stick with what we've got, and let them gel. Bringing in another loan player would not send a good signal to the squad we've got, and would stop our youngsters getting valuable experience.

Real Sharapova said:
A would rather stick with what we've got, and let them gel. Bringing in another loan player would not send a good signal to the squad we've got, and would stop our youngsters getting valuable experience.

totally agree 100%.... A team with a lot of loan players is a very short term fix. When they feck off they leave that team weakened and with players feeling they have only got a game because the loanee has gone. I think Derby are in it big time at the moment. An awful lot of the squad are on loan, its going to be a giggle to see how far they can drop soon.

We have a good set up at the moment, if Hammond and Hume can play like thay are capable of and CL gives them a good run to prove themselves, then why do we need another player(s)

Some loanees are taken on with a view to a permenant move though.Still think we could do with a Goalscorer and I'd imagine there will be 1 or 2 leaving in January.

If we keep messing with the team especailly the strikers they wont gel so they wont score, i think our best option is to stick with Hume and hammond upfront for a couple of games they did it against sheff utd.

Let them play together then see, if it doesn't work out then think about changing and bringing someone else in. Keep chopping and changing doesn't do anyone's confidence any good.

Pongolle is too good for us anyway.

we can't sign anyone until january on loan or permanently so lets just wait until then eh?

"A would rather stick with what we've got, and let them gel. Bringing in another loan player would not send a good signal to the squad we've got, and would stop our youngsters getting valuable experience."

Agree, except we could do with a creative midfielder as Hughes' fitness problems appear chronic rather than acute, and Williams is clearly not the answer (yes, it was a good goal, but his general play was as poor as ever I'm afraid). Does anyone know when this Wesolowski chap will be fit, and whether he could challenge for a place?

Weso should be back in the new year but he isn't the creative influence you think we need.

DurhamFox said:
Weso should be back in the new year but he isn't the creative influence you think we need.

Might get Micheal Brown on the cheap from Spurs,just an idea.

Was just about to mention him Highland, Andy Reid is also surplus to requirements there I believe. They're probably on silly money though. Can't see us getting anyone in unless we ship Williams out, and I still find it impossible to believe that Stuart Pearce would be interested...

highland fox said:

That would be a quality signing, but there were rumours Sheffield Utd were after getting him back (surprise, surprise).

highland fox said:

remember when he scored a free kick against us for spurs, good player, but too high wages for us probably

That lad from Crewe Luke Varney, looked very good when we played them earlier this season, in fact he scored against us. He is from Quorn and a lifelong city fan to boot, and young. He would come here like a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566