Confirmed Transfer Tom Cannon

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Young striker Tom Cannon has joined Leicester City Football Club in a permanent transfer from Everton, subject to league approval.

The 20-year-old joins the Foxes for an undisclosed fee after agreeing a five-year contract at King Power Stadium to become the latest addition to manager Enzo Maresca’s squad.

Speaking to LCFC.com, he said: “It feels amazing. I just can’t wait to get started. I was just looking forward to getting it over the line and it’s all been sorted now so I’m glad. When a club like Leicester come calling, it’s hard to say no.

“Having a look around the training ground so far, the facilities are unbelievable, and just the size of the club, it’s a massive club. Everyone knows where the club belongs – that’s in the Premier League. I’m sure that’s the aim this season, just to get back to the top and then take it from there.”

A product of Everton’s youth system, Cannon signed his first professional contract with the club in March 2021 and made his senior Toffees debut in a Carabao Cup clash at Bournemouth in November 2022.

He made his Premier League bow during the same month, also against the Cherries, before moving on loan to Preston North End in January 2023.

His spell at Deepdale was a fruitful one as he found the net eight times in 20 league appearances for Ryan Lowe’s side.

Internationally, he has represented Republic of Ireland at youth level, and most recently earned a first call-up to the Under-21s team in March 2023, making his debut in a friendly against Iceland.

He will now link-up with the Foxes, who are next in Sky Bet Championship action at home to Hull City on Saturday 2 September (3pm BST kick-off).

Actually, fab

Don't know if he's any good but delighted to get another forward in.

Don't know if he's any good but delighted to get another forward in.
Me too, but at the same time we now have 4 strikers for 1 position.

Shame we couldn’t get Daka out

Excellent.
He'll cover Nacho when he's off playing the African Cup of Nations in the new year
Plays well and he could rival Nacho's place in the starting 11.

just need Bobby Ball now

Me too, but at the same time we now have 4 strikers for 1 position.

Shame we couldn’t get Daka out
He'll go out on a shit loan deal

He'll go out on a shit loan deal
Can that still happen? I presume it would have to be to somewhere that still had an open window.

He is going to provide the firepower when Nacho is injured/suspended. Cannot see Vardy playing 90 minutes twice a week.

Haven’t been so excited by a signing since Adams bought Steve Howeytzer.

Everton fans seemed to rate him…

From talking to an Everton friend, he doesn’t fit the Dyche style of play, but is quick and powerful going forward, good feet and half decent in the air.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463