Tony Mowbray

Status
Not open for further replies.

bald reynard

One interesting thing about Tony Mowbray's appointment, is that he'll bring an ex-City player with him as Assistant Manager. I think Mark Venus has been with him in all his jobs.

Please god no. Tony Mowbray is the most uninspiring candidate ever. No backbone, tactically inept and fecking useless!

I don't think it'd be that bad. He is committed to good football and knows how to build a competitive championship side.

He's a sight better than some other possible candidates.

I don't think it'd be that bad. He is committed to good football and knows how to build a competitive championship side.

I doubt many Celtic fans would agree.

As Dowie and Mickey Adams are amongst them that doesn't say much!

I hope we get Mowbray. I do a brilliant impression of him, even if I say so myself.

I have heard (on the Press 'grapevine') that Lee Hoos is lining up Tony Mowbray for the job - he's talked to him twice already (on Friday and yesterday) to 'sound him out', but Mandy's out of the country and nothing more concrete will happen until he's back.

I doubt many Celtic fans would agree.

Celtic? Is that some kind of gaelic sports team? Like the one where they run about with sticks and that?

In all seriousness, I don't think you can completely judge him on Celtic alone. Personally I'd have zero interest in that job were I a football manager (as opposed to a hopeless layabout).

Proven at the level City currently find themselves in. Take him over Dowie anyday.

If Mowbray is so good, could someone please phone up Adam Pearson and inform him that he's available? Then we could keep NP!

God has the world gone mad. Nigel Pearson is a terrible manager ! as usual one promotion (with an already strong side) and people think a manager Shi*s gold.

I dont like funny looking managers ! and Pearson is definately funny looking !

DONT DO THIS TO ME !

Isn't it funny how the name just drops in and is still accurate?

I hope we get Mowbray. I do a brilliant impression of him, even if I say so myself.

I for one hope we DON'T get Mowbray. A mate of mine is a WBA season ticket holder and says that he was really really poor for them. The notion of playing good football stops at just passing it around to each other in midfield with no end product (remember McGee and his 'I want to be like Liverpool' campaign). Every week on match of the day when the pundits would highlight all the defensive frailties of his team, Mowbray arrogantly maintained that he could play his way out of trouble. He didn't and the WBA fans hated him for it. Same story at Celtic. So why do we think he'll do a better job here?

Cheers

Clarke or Sousa for me if the ineviable happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669