Pre Match Torquay (away) Lge Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Hopefully we will progress through but more importantly stay injury free. I doubt key players will be risked, id go for:

Logan
Moore (or development squad player)
Parkes
Bolger
Kennedy
Gally
Danns
King
Dyer
Futcas (if fit)
Hopper (or Harry P)

Performance - unimportant. Result - not essential but would be nice to progress for morale and financial reasons

Prediction 1-3 to us Gally Dyer Hopper

Hopefully we will progress through but more importantly stay injury free. I doubt key players will be risked, id go for:

Logan
Parkes
Bolger
Kennedy
Gally
Danns
King
Dyer
Futcas (if fit)
Hopper (or Harry P)

Performance - unimportant. Result - not essential but would be nice to progress for morale and financial reasons

No Zak?

I'd suggest this is probably the league cup game where I'd hope our first team players would be playing, having not played a competitive game yet it's important to get back into the flow of things with games that actually mean something.

I'd suggest this is probably the league cup game where I'd hope our first team players would be playing, having not played a competitive game yet it's important to get back into the flow of things with games that actually mean something.

Perfect chance to give next saturday's team a meaningful run out, and I would expect something along the lines of the XI that started vs Sunderland.

Last edited:
Knockaert's been called up to France Under-21s' training camp this week so will miss this one.

Logan
Parkes
Bolger
Kennedy
Gally
Danns
King
Dyer
Futcas (if fit)
Hopper (or Harry P)

If city plan on playing that team can they just do the decent thing and forfeit the fixture?

If we can score 7 I think a manager of NP"s abilities will not settle for less than 8.
Jimmy Bullard is free-looking for a big club

from the people who bought you 'I haven't a Clue' comes 'What's Leicester's best side?'......

No chance that'll be the team that starts. Well I hope not anyway and I'd imagine we will play as near to a full strength team as possible - wouldn't think Nigel would want to start the season with a defeat to a League 2 club.

No chance that'll be the team that starts. Well I hope not anyway and I'd imagine we will play as near to a full strength team as possible - wouldn't think Nigel would want to start the season with a defeat to a League 2 club.

I agree. A winning start and a competitive run for most of our first team is what's needed.

Precisely, the key to getting out of this division is usually to have a good start, yes you tend to get one team on a late surge, but after 10 games or so the league has usually shaped up so we should try and gain as much momentum as possible from anywhere for the start of the league season.

Nothing wrong with having the bench pretty much full of youngsters if Pearson feels the first team is fit enough but if I were manager, I would be saying to go out there and get the job done ASAP and then we can bring off any of the more weary looking players to keep them fresh for Saturday.

I'd expect a pretty similar line-up to the Sunderland game, with a few changes (about 3) made for Peterborough.

Important to play a strong team to get the ball rolling. Want a good performance and a win. They've got 4 days to recover, and a few can hopefully be withdrawn earlier if we're leading. Would be very disappointed to see a blatant 'second string' team start tomorrow. The team you posted is below even just second string.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669