Tottenham riots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proof that you don't have to be a drop out to be a complete imbecile.

Proof that you don't have to be a drop out to be a complete imbecile.

Quite.

I find it hilarious that an undoubtedly privileged and wealthy man in his mid-twenties considers himself a comrade of the rioters. How pathetic that an intelligent person has yet to grow out of the teenage rebel stage.

It is a well known fact that there is a strong correlation between prosperity and crime levels. If all these people had jobs, that requires political will :icon_conf , then I suggest the motivation to be a thieving bastard will be somewhat less. :icon_wink

Yep.

I noticed how honest and non-thieving all of our very well paid politicians were recently.

And I still vote the banking industry as 'most dishonest bunch of ****s in history'. They don't get paid badly do they, them traders.

What sort of jobs are suited to violent, thieving little ****s though? I can't imagine these personality traits lining up too many opportunities no matter what roles the country could create.

Banking, day-care and celebrity chefs

Good to see Cameron back and making a difference:

Last edited by a moderator:
JCQWV.gif

I thought this was a rather telling description of the British underclass; from the Telegraph:

"The thugs stole several expensive keyboards, only to use them as battering rams to smash in the window of the nextdoor newsagent which they raided for cigarettes."

Had a very quick look around. Based on 2008 figures:

A prisoner costs around £40,000 per year to keep in prison. You want to keep the rioters locked up for 5 years so £200,000 per prisoner. So far, there have been 750 arrests in London alone. Even with a 50% conviction rate, that totals to £75,000,000 to keep those in prison for 5 years.

In this climate, where are we going to take that money from? Not to mention the cost of building all the new prison spaces. The article mentions £119,000 per prison space. So that's another £44,625,000 if we need to build them all.

All that and not one of the prisoners has paid any debt to society. At least with community service work they are doing something to repair the damage they have caused.

Just offset the cost against the saving in social / housing benefit, policing, court costs, social services, probation services, legal aid and the exponential reduction brought by them being unable to breed another batch of degenerates. Call it quits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669