Pre Match Tottenham v Leicester (Part 2 of 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

Well, back to north London again we go for the league fixture.

This one I feel is more important than the cup game and a draw (at least) is important to our confidence going forwards.

Our record against these:

Overall:
Games won: 33
Games drawn: 20
Games lost: 51

Last 10
Games won: 3
Games drawn: 3
Games lost: 4

The above stats include the cup game just played.

Vardy back in the starting 11 or do we keep him 'up our sleeve' on the bench due to his op?

Has Okazaki earned a place up front and if so alongside who?

Inler is getting better and better and King also looked good today. Should we go 4-4-2 or a variation on this?

I would really like us to go for the throat in this one even if just to wipe the inane expression of that scroat Kane's face :p

Can't see Vardy making this one personally so I'd stick with the same 2 that finished today in Okazaki and Ulloa as they both played very well I thought.

Most likely 7 changes behind then with only Kante and Kasper starting again but it will be hard to pick a bench as everyone who played today could come in a do a job.

If Okazaki starts it will mean he will probs come off at half time as that's what usually happens but hopefully we'll do no worse than what we did today.

Another high scoring game but we'll nick it 3-2.

If Vardy's back I'd be tempted to with him and Shinji up front or Vardy by himself.

If Vardy is out, I'd be tempted to start with Mahrez central behind Okazaki. Gray and Albrighton on the wings.

Inler played well today (as did others) but expect our normal defence and midfield to return.

I think 8PM is the normal evening kick-off time for Tottenham, and a few other clubs. Wednesday's TV match in this country is Liverpool v Arsenal, on BT Sport.
Ok, ta

Huth Morgan Fuchs Drinkwater Vardy (hopefully) Mahrez to return Gray, Shinji and Albrighton to remain in the side. A draw would be a decent result but i think yesterday proved we are the better team,i thinka 1-2 win Vardy Gray

Huth Morgan Fuchs Drinkwater Vardy (hopefully) Mahrez to return Gray, Shinji and Albrighton to remain in the side. A draw would be a decent result but i think yesterday proved we are the better team,i thinka 1-2 win Vardy Gray
Blimey, dpj, you managed to fit a comma in there! Well done!

3-0 Leicester. Worthington, Stringfellow, Sammels.

I'm not sure I'd start Gray ahead of Albrighton. Albrighton does not deserve to be kicked to the bench for one good FA cup game.
Also, is that lineup only 9 players? Glad you aren't the manager....

tbh I was reading it as 4 players as I thought Huth Morgan Fuchs Drinkwater Vardy (hopefully) Mahrez was one player.

I think Albrighton has been a bit meh recently, you know he's cutting back to deliver on his right foot every single time.

But hopefully the fact he's got some competition will push him on again.

i want us to really go for them here and treat it like a cup final. a win or point would send out a great message. Hopefully Ranieri doesnt adopt a sit and consolidate then come out of our shell near the end approach as that is what Spurs will expect.
Id go.
Schmeichel
Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs
Kante Drinkwater
Okazaki
Mahrez Vardy Albrighton

id have Gray and Ulloa primed ready to come on, maybe even at half time.

Alternatively a more traditional 442might be an element of surprise

Schmeichel
Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs
Mahrez Kante Drinkwater Albrighton
Okazaki Ulloa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690