Pre Match Tottenham vs Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday's performance was generally a good one - I'd like to see the exact same team turn out again to see if they can establish some momentum and consistency

Albrighton, Vardy and Amartey are a pretty useful collection of subs to bring on, if needed

We've seen that the "same" players just doesn't work 3 days before a CL match. We've tried it 3 times and it has been a miserable failure each time. It's time to shake things up. Let's give the "league cup" team the chance to show what they can do. I don't want to be talking about another tanking from a team that were more worried about injury and tiredness before their biggest game of the season.

Let's drop Kasper. And let's bring in Wasilewski. I know Spurs haven't been scoring much lately but are you trying to help them rectify that?

Let's drop Kasper. And let's bring in Wasilewski. I know Spurs haven't been scoring much lately but are you trying to help them rectify that?

I'm happy to play Zieler but Kasper is one of the few players who has put effort into matches before CL so he could stay.

Was in and Hernandez or Simpson rested for the CL is a reasonable idea.

Schmeichel
Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs
Drinkwater King
Mahrez Okazaki Musa
Vardy

BOOM

Here we go again, top team just before a CL match.

Has CR learned the error of his ways?

Does he have to play Vardy now he's said he was only rested?

Here's my lineup:

Kasper

Simpson
Hernandez
Amartey
Chilwell

Kapustka
James
Schlupp
Gray

Vardy
Ulloa

Spurs with a bigger game than us to follow this up will surely rest a couple of players too.

Am I reading this right?

Even if Matty James was fit, you'd give him a central midfield partner of JEFF SCHLUPP??? And start him in a midfield alongside a kid making his debut? Poor Matty James on his first appearance for almost a year and a half.

I would like to bet that only a maximum of 5 of your team will be picked.

Same team as Saturday for me.

Am I reading this right?

Even if Matty James was fit, you'd give him a central midfield partner of JEFF SCHLUPP??? And start him in a midfield alongside a kid making his debut? Poor Matty James on his first appearance for almost a year and a half.

I would like to bet that only a maximum of 5 of your team will be picked.

I'd be surprised if 3 get in the starting line-up.

Oki and 10 others for this game I hope we dont play 2 central midfielders in isolation, either Oki drops back from striking position or starts in a 3 man central midfield. Hopefully confidence is edging back. A draw or "backs to the wall 0-1" will do. Morgan our scorer.

I would go for this to stop the runs of Walker and Rose by having proper defenders, whilst filling out midfield to stop Ali and Eriksen getting control.
Midfield runners to support Slimani and Okazaki the big boys up for all set piece's.

Schmeichel

Simpson
Hernandez
Morgan
Huth
Fuchs

Drinkwater
King
Amartey

Okazaki
Slimani

Subs
Vardy
Mahrez
Albrighton
Musa
Gray
Schlupp
Zieler

Keep it under 3 and it'll be a decent result.

These will want to smash us even more than the others have so far!

Dread to think what the score would be if we played the lunatic line up from the OP though! There's been lots of shit on here over the years but that's gotta be up there with the biggest piles!

Oki and 10 others for this game I hope we dont play 2 central midfielders in isolation, either Oki drops back from striking position or starts in a 3 man central midfield. Hopefully confidence is edging back. A draw or "backs to the wall 0-1" will do. Morgan our scorer.

Very descriptive there dpj :003:

Need to stop this trend....

12.30 pm Saturday kick offs - P3 W0 D0 L3 F2 A9

3pm Saturday kick offs -
P3 W3 D0 L0 F8 A2

TV
P5 W0 D1 L4 F3 A13

not on TV
P4 W3 D1 L0 F8 A2

Saturday 3:00pm should be fine.

Remind me again, who came third in a two horse race?

Ha, I had posted that stat as I was convinced we had the lunch time TV kick off again. But now I see I was wrong.

Very surprised given the rivalry at the end of last season that this isn't on TV!

Play the same team constantly now and rotate the wingers to keep them fresh good news about James however I think he is at least a month away from playing. DD needs a rest soon IMO, Spurs are not all that we should go for them from the start, any news on mendy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669