Tour de France 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

pork pie fox

Not sure if anyone else follows the TDF but Bradley Wiggins has just crashed out. A real shame as he's been on good form of late, in particular in winning the Dauphine.

Just caught the highlights and felt for him. Looked like a broken arm. He was ideally positioned for an attack on the yellow jersey. I wonder whether Sky will promote Geraint Thomas as their main man.

I hope Cavendish gets his act together and push on for Green now.

Wouldn't like to pick a winner currently.

Speculation was that it was his collarbone. I think he'd have done well to get yellow with cadel evans up there but I agree he was well placed. Contador looked a bit shaky the other day so it will be interesting to see what happens in the mountains.

Just caught the highlights and felt for him. Looked like a broken arm. He was ideally positioned for an attack on the yellow jersey. I wonder whether Sky will promote Geraint Thomas as their main man.

I hope Cavendish gets his act together and push on for Green now.

Wouldn't like to pick a winner currently.

Unlikely came in three minutes later.

Confirmed as collarbone:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14006118

Pity for Team Sky really, their team time trial was pretty good the other day and Boassen Hagen winning a stage had given them a good start to the tour.

2 wins already for Cavendish, proving to be the top sprinter yet again. His "oh shit" reaction to ITV4 (Ned Boulting) telling him about Wiggin's injury made me chuckle too.

Couple of cracking stages this weekend. Voggler looks set to take yellow jersey by a minute and fifty.

Decent gap - but with we have some climbs to come with Andy Schleck and Cadel Evans looking like to be the big challengers.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
It's absolutely incredible. I cannot believe how lucky they are, it could have been much worse.

Not available to view outside Norway.

Sorry, didn't know that. Thanks for putting up new link!

This is how you'll look after hitting a barbed wire fence (if you're lucky):

TdF.jpg

Had a few days in France so haven't been able to post too much recently.

Now I'm back though and what a day it's been today, stunning! Andy Schleck was phenomenal today and Voeckler somehow held onto yellow. Cavendish finished outside the time limit (along with many others) and so had 20 points deducted in the green jersey race.

Blaarev, good tour for Norway so far :)

Had a few days in France so haven't been able to post too much recently.

Now I'm back though and what a day it's been today, stunning! Andy Schleck was phenomenal today and Voeckler somehow held onto yellow. Cavendish finished outside the time limit (along with many others) and so had 20 points deducted in the green jersey race.

Blaarev, good tour for Norway so far :)

Fantastic! Two norwegians in the tour and they manage to win four stages between them and becoming 1st and 2nd on one stage, and 1st and 3rd on another.
:038:

Did you see any stage live?

Last edited:
Fantastic! Two norwegians in the tour and they manage to win four stages between them and becoming 1st and 2nd on one stage, and 1st and 3rd on another.
:038:

Did you see any stage live?

I've watched nearly every stage (16 outof 19) live :icon_bigg

(The only stages that I haven't watched live I've still watched the stage on Sky+)

Edit - oops you meant in person, no sorry they weren't near where I was in France

Last edited:
Cadel Evans left no doubt on the tempo. First Aussie to win the Yellow Jersey. Well deserved, but feel a bit sorry for Andy Schleck; three 2nd places in a row. Hope Andy wins next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669