Train Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCFC'sGodWears9

I shall be making regular trips, (maybe once a week) from Nottingham to Lincoln, as my girlfriend is at Lincoln University. Can anyone help with what my cheapest way of doing this would be? I do get 1/3 off anyway with student rail card, but the more you can save the merrier.

Any help will be appreciated.

Well considering I found £10.20 on the first one that I visited, £6.80 sounds like a bonus to me. Where's that then NF?

Ah! Sounds like you want to travel in 'peak time'. Most students are in their pits until lunchtime so no need to get an early train. :icon_lol:

Off-peak return, return within one month = £10.15 (or £12 if travelling in either direction before 10:00 Mon-Fri, other than Jul or August)

Day return, travel outwards before 8:30 = £11.20, return any time same day (£7.40 in July and August)

Day return, travel outwards after 8:30 but before 10:00 = £10.30, return any time same day (£6.80 in July and August)

Day return, travel outwards after 10:00 = £6.80, return any time same day

These are walk-up tickets which can be bought at the ticket office before travel. There is nothing to be saved by booking in advance or by splitting tickets at Newark or anywhere else.

Ah! Sounds like you want to travel in 'peak time'. Most students are in their pits until lunchtime so no need to get an early train. :icon_lol:

Hmm unfortunately my girlfriend is very much a morning person, so the dog and bone shall be going like the clappers if I'm not up in time!

Off-peak return, return within one month = £10.15 (or £12 if travelling in either direction before 10:00 Mon-Fri, other than Jul or August)

Day return, travel outwards before 8:30 = £11.20, return any time same day (£7.40 in July and August)

Day return, travel outwards after 8:30 but before 10:00 = £10.30, return any time same day (£6.80 in July and August)

Day return, travel outwards after 10:00 = £6.80, return any time same day

These are walk-up tickets which can be bought at the ticket office before travel. There is nothing to be saved by booking in advance or by splitting tickets at Newark or anywhere else.

Thanks Boc, good to know I don't have to book in advance, could be a few 'spur of the moment' trips too!

Thanks Boc, good to know I don't have to book in advance, could be a few 'spur of the moment' trips too!

Randy bastard.

Out of interest LCFCGW9, whats she studying? My missus has just started there too. And like you, I'll be making the same journey every fecking week, well from Lowdham but still.....

Randy bastard.

Out of interest LCFCGW9, whats she studying? My missus has just started there too. And like you, I'll be making the same journey every fecking week, well from Lowdham but still.....

Haha, maybe I'll bump into you if you're up there one time, she's studying social work and I have absolutely no idea why after what she went through with her job. I'd have ran a mile from anything to do with it..

I've just looked and it says that my return journey on Sunday will be by bus, how does that work? Are there buses at the train station that will bring me back to Nottingham? I don't really fancy the 7am train on Monday morning if you're planning on offering that as an alternative!

I've just looked and it says that my return journey on Sunday will be by bus, how does that work? Are there buses at the train station that will bring me back to Nottingham? I don't really fancy the 7am train on Monday morning if you're planning on offering that as an alternative!

There will be buses between Lincoln and Newark Castle due to engineering work - the bus will leave from outside the front of Lincoln station. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/manag...n_Central_Newark_North_Gate_Newark_Castle.pdf

What a mess the train ticketing system is in the UK. Absolutely absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669