Trees Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame about your player, and my best wishes go out to him.
It depends on what radio station you are listening to and which team friends who are in contact support, because over this way its Leicester fans who are causing this trouble. My view is quite simple 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other, either way both sets of supporters who are involved in it are dispiccable.

Hope all is ok with Clive

The initial reaction of an element of your supporters chanting that Leicester were cheating wont have helped matters.

Apparently kicking off everywhere outside the ground.

If thats true then the tie should be replayed behind closed doors, especially after how their fans reacted, shame on them

i was sat in the trees famil enclosure with my son........ their fans around me applauded and were only concerned about our player, esp after what happened to the spanish player today

again its down to our moronic fans and their moronic fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the wankers involved in the trouble are proud of themselves

You can be sure they will be & are having a great time.
Shouldn't be happening where families & kids are concerned though.

nor the suggestions that your fans were throwing coins at the forest fans after the goal, we all no what sort of people follow football, they are not limited to one team, we all have the element

Sound like a few of our fans are letting us down now, not that that condemns how badly behaved the forest fans were.

Either way you look at it its another low in our history, and comes as a right kick in the teeth after Saturdays result

Lets just hope Clive is ok and we can all concentrate on the football when we wake up in the morning

Attendance: 15,638 (Away 5,301).

Take out the families and peole not looking for trouble and it's probably a pretty even fight. Surely it's got to be a case of forest fans provoking and leicester fans reacting.

Just hope that anyone who doesn't to cause trouble are not getting caught up in it all.

At the end of the day, we have one casualty to a fox, we don't need any more!!

Last edited:
i also hope the moron who decided to come on to pitch at half time gets a ban from leicester for life (i'm pretty sure he was one of ours). that could have gone wrong and a pitch invasion ensued. (we all saw what happened at notts county)

You can be sure they will be & are having a great time.
Shouldn't be happening where families & kids are concerned though.

Exactly Macky.

It's foolish in my opinion to blame either Forest or City fans as a whole.

Anyone with any sense knows that it is only the usual head cases - from both sides that will have relished this one off opportunity for what is basically criminal behaviour. Obviously, the circumstances of the abandonment of the match have created an enhanced opportunity for trouble especially as the police are likely to have been unprepared for the early termination of the game.

Sadly behind all the sanitised Sky etc presentation of the game, we all should know that the nastiness of the past is still near to the surface. To be honest fans on both sides should have had more sense than to take young kids to the game.

Attendance: 15,638 (Away 5,301).

Take out the families and peole not looking for trouble and it's probably a pretty even fight. Surely it's got to be a case of forest fans provoking and leicester fans reacting.

Don't kid yourself.
A lot of our support will be delighted that it has kicked off & will have done everything they can to get stuck into them.

From the OS. ;)

Official Statement
Posted on: Tue 28 Aug 2007

Leicester City Chief Executive Tim Davies has confirmed that Tuesday night's Carling Cup second round clash with Nottingham Forest was abandoned at half-time after left-back Clive Clarke collapsed in the dressing room.

Forest were leading the game 1-0 through a Junior Agogo goal but after a lengthy delay, club officials from both sides agreed that the best course of action was to postpone the encounter.

Forest boss Colin Calderwood made the announcement on the pitch alongside Martin Allen in full view of the 16,000 strong crowd.

Davies said: "Clive Clarke collapsed in the dressing room at half-time and our thoughts and prayers are with Clive and his family at this current time.

"He is on his way to hospital as we speak; he is not very well but at least he's talking which he wasn't at one point.

"I'd like to thank Nottingham Forest, the referee for their prompt action in helping us to call off the match and I'd like to apologise to the fans but I'm sure they will understand that this is a very difficult time for everyone."

Last edited:
Exactly Macky.

Anyone with any sense knows that it is only the usual head cases - from both sides that will have relished this one off opportunity for what is basically criminal behaviour. Obviously, the circumstances of the abandonment of the match have created an enhanced opportunity for trouble especially as the police are likely to have been unprepared for the early termination of the game.

Sadly behind all the sanitised Sky etc presentation of the game, we all should know that the nastiness of the past is still near to the surface. To be honest fans on both sides should have had more sense than to take young kids to the game.

agreed

Exactly Macky.

Absolutely on the money RF.

some shocking behavior all round here.forest fans antagonising,but all the cops in our end.but there were a lot of our fans were jumping over seats to fight the cops.

lots of rumour about clarke here

clive clarke concious. mouth to mouth given. defib given.
according to bbc

Last edited:
I didn't say 'unwittingly' reacted....

But you did imply that F0r£$t fans are to blame, which I don't think is the case.
A lot of City fans have gone to this match with the view that it's an opportunity for naughtiness with them. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669