Trophy lift celebrations

Cambridge_fox

I’ve been quietly steaming all weekend and needed to rant.

I was at the Blackburn game and the club royally ****ed the celebrations in the stadium. None of it was for the fans.

Firstly, it was a joke how many people were allowed on the pitch. What it meant was that for those fans who weren’t in the kop, we couldn’t see the players properly celebrate. Next, all the celebrations went on over at one end, leaving the rest of us with the cold shoulder. I realise you can’t celebrate over 360 degrees and you probably should focus on the most vocal of fans, but it would have been nice to see more than just a few of the players who eventually made it over to us in the family stand. We didn’t even get to see the trophy, just the back of Top whilst he was having a million pictures of it with his extended family and what I can only assume was KP employees. Then there was the excessive time taken to get them out and celebrate. After such a crap match (don’t get me started), it made the whole thing worse.

Yes, I’m delighted we have won the Championship, yes I was lucky to get a ticket, but it was the first time I felt like it was nothing to do with the fans and all to do with a billionaire’s plaything. The 2 hour drive back home was completely flat. Clearly fans’ views are now on the bottom of the list (see season ticket card charge) and it’s only going to get worse.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

2016 was done so much better.
They could have just used the script for that, without the Andrea Bottelli bit.
It is about 10 years since I have been able to get to the KP. The Birch is starting to look really old. Is he unwell?

Fox Fan

2016 was done so much better.
They could have just used the script for that, without the Andrea Bottelli bit.
It is about 10 years since I have been able to get to the KP. The Birch is starting to look really old. Is he unwell?

Well he had a heart attack on stage about 5 years ago, so I would say he's not in the best of health. No run around the pitch this year either.

Lako42

Club doesn't give a shit about it's fans. Was more interested in giving great access to about 500 influencers from Thailand who have never given a **** about the club and wont after.

Kicked people out of certain hospitality suites at half time against Blackburn after emailing them about in late on Thursday.

Club and management reek atm.

lazzer

Last game of the season with a Trophy to lift. Happy Days. Due to the early start decided to grab a few cheeky ones in the Soar Point only a 20 min walk away The cheeky bastards where charging £6.55 for a pint of Lager. Next day down to £6.05. Another football tax 🙄

H T B

Last game of the season with a Trophy to lift. Happy Days. Due to the early start decided to grab a few cheeky ones in the Soar Point only a 20 min walk away The cheeky bastards where charging £6.55 for a pint of Lager. Next day down to £6.05. Another football tax 🙄
Dynamic pricing, I believe it’s called.
There’s. a few pubs around Leicester that are part of a group that do it.

I’m sure Wetherspoons love it!

Fox Fan

I believe I paid more than £7 for a Madri in the 'Local Hero' a few weeks ago!

Cambridge_fox

Club doesn't give a shit about it's fans. Was more interested in giving great access to about 500 influencers from Thailand who have never given a **** about the club and wont after.

Kicked people out of certain hospitality suites at half time against Blackburn after emailing them about in late on Thursday.

Club and management reek atm.
I’m afraid you might be right. I’ve never felt more separated from the club than I did on the day that we were supposed to be celebrating together.

ThaiSweetChilli

Jesus thats robbery
Not for pre-match obviously, but, there's an Indian pub with great Indian food off Catherine St - The Durham Ox - anyway, I digress. £2.50 pints. Used to be rough as hell, but new owners refurbed it. The food coupled with £2.50 pints is mad.

SilverFox

On a serious note, I don’t really care about the influencers. If it makes us more popular and generates revenue I’m fine with it.

What does annoy me is that there wasn’t much coordination in doing a lap of the pitch. There’s no reason what that couldn’t have happened before joining the hangers on. Instead the Union FS corner got all the attention.

Fox Fan

On a serious note, I don’t really care about the influencers. If it makes us more popular and generates revenue I’m fine with it.

What does annoy me is that there wasn’t much coordination in doing a lap of the pitch. There’s no reason what that couldn’t have happened before joining the hangers on. Instead the Union FS corner got all the attention.

I actually think the two are linked. From where I was sitting (east stand, near the half way line) it looked as though one of the reasons they got stuck in that corner was because the hangers on were forever taking photos with the players.

Cambridge_fox

Yup. This is what I saw from my seat, what seemed like millions of miles away from the action. ****ers. Crap idea.

Lako42

If it makes us more popular and generates revenue I’m fine with it.

The demise of football in evidence right here.

Fans of the game constantly having to discuss this absolute shit.

And just for the record it won't make a blind bit of difference in terms of our popularity in Thailand where literally nobody gives a **** about Leicester , it isn't why they were here.

It's a shame they aren't more concerned about treating their only actual customer base with a bit more respect.

Hideous stuff

homer

They don’t give a shit about you

Union FS won’t complain about this one as they got the celebration right in front of them, and the Foxes Trust won’t complain as they’re a pathetic bunch of wet blankets

Suck it up, buy your season ticket, and pay your £25 for the card you already own

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663