UECL Last 16 - Rennes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at a Rennes forum to see how they feel about the draw.

Before the draw we were the team they feared the most.

Some comments since the draw was made (with some help from Google translate)

Damn...

What a shame, we take Leicester.

Worse draw but beautiful poster that promises

We're going out
We have so no pussy, we get a transfer from C3 obviously... The worst draw possible

But no, it's not possible, he was the only opponent to absolutely avoid... What a sauce ><

Well, between Tottenham and Leicester, this C4 is not so "exotic" for us...
Well, after that, we have weapons too. It's not Chelsea either.

Curse our draws... I'm starting to see a conspiracy in it

Well, positive point, Leicester is less strong than Tottenham...

I don't really see why anyone would be afraid of Leicester. It's probably one of the most difficult draws, but their level of play has been pretty unremarkable this season.

Well, we'll keep in mind that Leicester this season is still a hell of a lot less strong than even two years ago, and that the team they massacred was probably the weakest team left in the competition. .

Already eliminated from the Cup (they were taken 4-1 by Nottingham Forest) and from the race for Europe in the league on the other hand, so the Conference League is all they have left to play for, and that can play on their motivation

Taken, no doubt, if you go all out, but it's still a difficult draw sportingly and not really exciting geographically.

Nice poster indeed.
They have very good players (Soyuncu, Pereira, Tielmans, Maddison, Daka, Vardy) but it remains accessible, we met much stronger teams. They are no longer the thunderbolts they once were.

Big piece. But we're going to give everything, our people from Rennes are going to put on their best suit and we're going to rob Europe, in an ultra-hot stadium! it's going to be huge... if we pass, that's the feat, if we lose... we'll have it less bad.

At least we'll be broadcast. We have to keep our chances after the first leg.

Otherwise, the sardines as usual.. from the cat. On the other hand, if they did not pass, it would be scandalous..

Leicester is 12th in the Premier League, it's doable, there will be great motivation and a huge atmosphere at the RP

As long as they don't have former Rennes players in their squad, everything is possible.

Alright, so we left to actually play a C3 from the start (a C3 before the overhaul in any case, given the posters there are this year in 8th), which will be all to our honor and glory if d adventure we managed to go further in the competition. I don't know what this team is worth but with the English, it will be a duel and physical intensity +++, are we sufficiently armed against this kind of team? I do not know.

Big advantage to receive on the return, however, and given our past performances in the European Cup as well as our style of play this year, I think there is a good chance of seeing a lot of goals in these two meetings.

Super draw I think.
I don't think we are cut out to win this cup this year.
So doing two big games against a "big" European is pretty good to take.
And you have to imagine the excitement if you do the feat...

Frankly if we are on the side of Leicester, Rennes is not a good draw.

Leicester is still I think by far the best team in terms of talent.
But it's a good challenge for the Rennes stadium.
And a nice poster for the supporters

Big piece, don't kid yourself... On paper, it's heavy!
Good big European poster that makes you salivate and a magnificent trip to make. Nice to go visit the North of England.

Very interesting little stat for us, Leicester is the Premier League team that takes the most goals from set pieces (13) with Leeds and Crystal Palace.

We are the Ligue 1 team that scores the most goals from set pieces (11).

I think you see where I'm coming from. Specific "corners" every afternoon at the end of training for two weeks. mrgreen

How prestigious is Leicester? To be geographically placed in the country with the most farted championship in the world.

So yes, a surprise championship title in 2016 (surprise but deserved) and a great European epic the following season. But since then it has come back into line.

And the English are very sure of themselves. So if this time some of their supporters doubt to pass, it is that there is room. Maybe not a boulevard, but you should do the job.

Very interesting little stat for us, Leicester is the Premier League team that takes the most goals from set pieces (13) with Leeds and Crystal Palace.

I think you see where I'm coming from. Specific "corners" every afternoon at the end of training for two weeks. mrgreen
It was nice pretending for a few days that we could win this competition

"Nice to go visit the North of England."

No they haven't.

Oh yes they do.

"Very interesting little stat for us, Leicester is the Premier League team that takes the most goals from set pieces (13) with Leeds and Crystal Palace.

I think you see where I'm coming from. Specific "corners" every afternoon at the end of training for two weeks. mrgreen"

Otherwise, the sardines as usual.. from the cat. On the other hand, if they did not pass, it would be scandalous..

Wtf is this about, Mr Cantona?

Oh yes they do.

"Very interesting little stat for us, Leicester is the Premier League team that takes the most goals from set pieces (13) with Leeds and Crystal Palace.

I think you see where I'm coming from. Specific "corners" every afternoon at the end of training for two weeks. mrgreen"
That's us out then

Big piece, don't kid yourself... On paper, it's heavy!
Good big European poster that makes you salivate and a magnificent trip to make. Nice to go visit the North of England.

This reads like a trip advisor review about me

Not a bad draw at all. I've seen it described as the hardest draw we could have had which is laughable when you consider Marseille, PSV, Feyenoord and Roma are all still there....

However our defending is still absolutely dreadful. Last night we should have been 3 or 4-1 down at half time but, owing to some pitiful finishing from Randers, went in 1-0 up. Still, I still maintain that we are actually not a bad side going forward. Could be an even game but I feel if we get through and come up against one of the four above - they are all better than us.

Not a bad draw at all. I've seen it described as the hardest draw we could have had which is laughable when you consider Marseille, PSV, Feyenoord and Roma are all still there....

However our defending is still absolutely dreadful. Last night we should have been 3 or 4-1 down at half time but, owing to some pitiful finishing from Randers, went in 1-0 up. Still, I still maintain that we are actually not a bad side going forward. Could be an even game but I feel if we get through and come up against one of the four above - they are all better than us.
Agree. We are a good side going forward and I'll back us to score ever game. I'll also back us to concede 2 at least every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566