Undisputed Heavyweight Title Match: Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk

ThaiSweetChilli

Last time this happened was a quarter of a century ago when Lennox Lewis beat Evander Holyfield to become the last undisputed king of the boxing heavyweights.

We're back in a golden era right now with the top 2 fighting each other this weekend. Fury vs Usyk, for me is genuinely so 50/50. Usyk is master boxer, but Fury has a huge 85" reach and is top technician himself. Plus he's 6'8" and about 19 stone!

As much as some people might not like Fury as a person, he's undoubtedly a top boxer. He's also got a great story of his own coming back from mental health issues and the brink of suicide to becoming world champion. Usyk has the weight of Ukraine on his shoulders during this tender time.

You genuinely could argue plenty for each side. I can't pick a winner. My heart says Fury can do it, and I want him to. But something tells me that Usyk might be his kryptonite.

Anyone a boxing fan? Predictions? This could be a very quiet thread 🤣.

I think ‘golden era’ is an absurd phrase to describe the heavyweight division in 2024. Usyk v Fury is as good as it’s likely to get for a while, but I’m not sure I agree with the assessment of Fury as a top technician either. It’s just that nobody else is on their level.

It's funny how little people give a ****. Mainly a by-product of the fact it's in Saudi and boxing is a circus thanks to absolute Twats like Fury's dad.

It's funny how little people give a ****. Mainly a by-product of the fact it's in Saudi and boxing is a circus thanks to absolute Twats like Fury's dad.
Perhaps around your circles? I think this has garnered massive eyes worldwide. It's everywhere!

John Fury is an idiot, but his antics will bring more eyes to the fight than take it away.

I think ‘golden era’ is an absurd phrase to describe the heavyweight division in 2024. Usyk v Fury is as good as it’s likely to get for a while, but I’m not sure I agree with the assessment of Fury as a top technician either. It’s just that nobody else is on their level.

Well if not Golden Era, definitely a great era. There was a time in boxing, especially the heavyweight division, that was so incredibly poor for about a decade. Boring fighters, no pizzazz, no excitement.

Now there's way more eyes on the sport, and the division is getting the juiciest fights made. Frst undisputed fight since Lennox Lewis this weekend, Garcia v Haney last month, 5v5 next month, Canelo v Benavidez soon hopefully. This is a great time for boxing!!!!

I guess there aren't many hardcore boxing fans on here. I guess this will be a short thread in the end hahah

Perhaps around your circles? I think this has garnered massive eyes worldwide. It's everywhere!

John Fury is an idiot, but his antics will bring more eyes to the fight than take it away.

Around most circles, I think- most people (who aren't fervent boxing fans) don't give a shit about this hideous charade

Boxing today is an absolute farce, and this pair are desperately poor- albeit they are currently the best (of an incredibly poor bunch)

Both Lewis and Holyfield would knock seven shades of shit out of both of them

Boxing is ****ing dead. Golden era is utterly ridiculous. The fact that a shambling, talentless hulk like Fury can be fighting for undisputed WC proves it. This is why people would rather watch UFC, despite the fact that it's little more than a pub car park fight. They should give those ****s & trackie top & a pint glass each just to complete the look.

I'm spoiled is the problem really. I grew up with boxing being on terrestrial telly for free in the 70s & 80s. The era which produced some of the greatest champions in history across all weight divisions. Nothing I see today can hold my attention for longer than a minute.

Around most circles, I think- most people (who aren't fervent boxing fans) don't give a shit about this hideous charade

Boxing today is an absolute farce, and this pair are desperately poor- albeit they are currently the best (of an incredibly poor bunch)

Both Lewis and Holyfield would knock seven shades of shit out of both of them
Hahaha how ignorant.

Usyk would run circles around Holyfield. Lewis would be a good fight for either Fury or Usyk.

Boxing is in the best shape since the turn of the century. Klitschko Brothers took all eyes away, bored the world. Boxing now, is in top shape across every division.

Boxing is ****ing dead. Golden era is utterly ridiculous. The fact that a shambling, talentless hulk like Fury can be fighting for undisputed WC proves it. This is why people would rather watch UFC, despite the fact that it's little more than a pub car park fight. They should give those ****s & trackie top & a pint glass each just to complete the look.

I'm spoiled is the problem really. I grew up with boxing being on terrestrial telly for free in the 70s & 80s. The era which produced some of the greatest champions in history across all weight divisions. Nothing I see today can hold my attention for longer than a minute.

Fury and Usyk could compete in any era. Foreman, Frazier, Liston, Tyson, Bowe, Lennox. They could all fight in any era.

Hopefully you guys can find a stream. I promise ya, boxing is back baby. Perhaps not 70s and 80s, but it's in incredible shape right now.

You've definitely been spoiled though 😂. DIAMOND era 70s and 80s.

You seem quite worked up about it ThaiSweetChilli ThaiSweetChilli ? I’d like to think I’ve watched a fair amount of boxing over the years and the 80s were the peak for me (too young to remember the 70s, but the 90s were good too). For me, boxing is shite these days. Whether it’s the politics that control it, or the over exaggerated hype that we’re fed, the reality doesn’t match the promotion. There are very few fights these days that make you sit up and watch and that wasn’t the case years ago. This may be a classic, but the boxing scene isn’t what it was and no amount of pretending it’s something it isn’t will change that.

Last time this happened was a quarter of a century ago when Lennox Lewis beat Evander Holyfield to become the last undisputed king of the boxing heavyweights.

We're back in a golden era right now with the top 2 fighting each other this weekend. Fury vs Usyk, for me is genuinely so 50/50. Usyk is master boxer, but Fury has a huge 85" reach and is top technician himself. Plus he's 6'8" and about 19 stone!

As much as some people might not like Fury as a person, he's undoubtedly a top boxer. He's also got a great story of his own coming back from mental health issues and the brink of suicide to becoming world champion. Usyk has the weight of Ukraine on his shoulders during this tender time.

You genuinely could argue plenty for each side. I can't pick a winner. My heart says Fury can do it, and I want him to. But something tells me that Usyk might be his kryptonite.

Anyone a boxing fan? Predictions? This could be a very quiet thread 🤣.
I'm so glad you started this thread. Both Fury and Usyk could compete in any era and have at least a reasonable chance of winning against any of the best.

For me, Usyk wins this on points as long as he's not careless which I'm sure he won't be. He's a technical wizard along with the likes of Lomachenko, Crawford and Inoue. He does leave himself open at times but he changes his tactics depending on the opponent, unlike many other boxers who just do the same thing round after round. He's class.

I reckon Fury gets tired and caught enough for Usyk to get the nod. Fury also has scar tissue which I'm sure Usyk will target.

At cruiserweight he left Bellew exhausted with his movement, confused him and knocked him out. He was moments away from doing the same to Joshua.

I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm so glad you started this thread. Both Fury and Usyk could compete in any era and have at least a reasonable chance of winning against any of the best.

For me, Usyk wins this on points as long as he's not careless which I'm sure he won't be. He's a technical wizard along with the likes of Lomachenko, Crawford and Inoue. He does leave himself open at times but he changes his tactics depending on the opponent, unlike many other boxers who just do the same thing round after round. He's class.

I reckon Fury gets tired and caught enough for Usyk to get the nod. Fury also has scar tissue which I'm sure Usyk will target.

At cruiserweight he left Bellew exhausted with his movement, confused him and knocked him out. He was moments away from doing the same to Joshua.

I'm really looking forward to it.
Hallelujah!!!!

A top fight I'll admit that.

Anyone scoring it as a draw which I've seen online is a ****ing idiot.

Someone used my email address to sign up to Dazn to watch this fight.

Presumably an innocent mistake and they made a typo when entering the address. They paid for it via their Google Play account.

So I've been trying to get Dazn to remove my address from the account. I had to reset the password and log in before I could contact them. I've not been on their support chat for over 40 minutes, going round in circles because the (presumably AI) "person" can't understand the situation because it's slightly out of the ordinary. Twats.

But this does mean I have access to Dazn for free for the time being...
Anything worth watching?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664