Upgrading a phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

I'm currently 13 months or so into an 18 month contract with orange were i pay £25 per month

i want to upgrade my phone but i'm unsure about the following things

1. does it matter what state my old phone is in? because its broken!!!
2. what does this mean for my contract-do i have to sign up say for another year on the same deal or do i have new contract (ie instead of getting 1000 texts i only get 500)

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Crazy I know, but have you thought about asking your provider?

City Fan

I'm currently 13 months or so into an 18 month contract with orange were i pay £25 per month

i want to upgrade my phone but i'm unsure about the following things

1. does it matter what state my old phone is in? because its broken!!!
2. what does this mean for my contract-do i have to sign up say for another year on the same deal or do i have new contract (ie instead of getting 1000 texts i only get 500)

Sounds as though I'm on the exact same deal as you, I've only got about 2 months left on mine though.

I assume that it doesn't matter what state your old phone is in seeing as they don't ask for your old one back. How did it break? I got mine wet and it wouldnt work properly so I rang them up and got a replacement sent. I also assume you can change the contract if you wanted, I'm going to drop mine to the £19 one I think, or see if theres a deal with less minutes/texts but more data.

But just ring them up and ask them to be sure. :023:

Lako42

You cant upgrade untill your contract is at it's end.

City Fan

You cant upgrade untill your contract is at it's end.

You can but you would have to pay.

My advice: tell them your phone is fecked and get them to send a replacement. Use that until your contract runs out and then upgrade your phone for free.

spionfox

according to the website i can upgrade to a nokia 6300 for free

I got one of those recently. Love the automatic voice dialling feature when used with a bluetooth headset.

Only criticism so far (as with most Nokias) is that the ringing volume is not too loud.

muzzysgal

If this is the thread where thickos can ask stupid questions about phones, then I'd like to join in :icon_wink

If I buy a phone on a contract now, that's going to be a Christmas present, will the contract start when the phone is dispatched, or when it's registered/activated :102:

I apologise for the stupidity of my question.

Steven

In a scouse accent, calm down. :icon_wink

O2

O2 define the that in two phases. First the date on which the Order is accepted by O2 and then once that is accepted:

10. Duration and Termination

10.1 This Agreement shall commence on the Commencement Date and shall continue for the Minimum Term and thereafter throughout the Wireless Service Period until the same is brought to an end by means of a Termination Notice.

where

"Commencement Date" means the date upon which Wireless Services are first provided to the Customer pursuant to this Agreement.

Last edited:

muzzysgal

Thanks Steven.

So, if I understand correctly, I'll be wasting around two weeks worth of 'credit' if I order the phone today?

muzzysgal

it might be an idea to pop into a phone to clear it up. Different companies may have different offers.
I'm going to buy it online.

I'll wait until next week before ordering it, I think. If I order before 7.30pm it's delivered next day, apparently.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
mg, are you taking the piss out of people just to see how many answers you can get that fit into the category of "the bleeding obvious"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669