US Open Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCFC'sGodWears9

While I realise it hasn't yet started, I wonder whether people think we will see a European, but more to the point an English, winner?

I think Luke Donald & Westwood have as good a chance as anyone for this major & The Open at Royal St.George's in a month too.

Donald is IMO the in-form golfer in the world & I think he will win it.

If one of the Americans are going to win I think it's more likely to be the experienced ones as opposed to the young guns. I'd say either Stricker or Mickelson as opposed to Dustin Johnson, Mahan or Watney.

What are people's thoughts?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
While I realise it hasn't yet started, I wonder whether people think we will see a European, but more to the point an English, winner?

I think Luke Donald & Westwood have as good a chance as anyone for this major & The Open at Royal St.George's in a month too.

Donald is IMO the in-form golfer in the world & I think he will win it.

If one of the Americans are going to win I think it's more likely to be the experienced ones as opposed to the young guns. I'd say either Stricker or Mickelson as opposed to Dustin Johnson, Mahan or Watney.

Time to put your vmoney where your mouth is - http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/33640

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Curse me for going out last night & missing this... I'm hoping it will be re-opened after R1?

I plan to do so. What time is it likely to finish today?

LCFC'sGodWears9

Donald was 2 under through 2 & is now 4 over after 9. Dreadful run for Luke. The Swede's & Ryan Palmer are atop the leaderboard.

pork pie fox

McIlroy now -13, the lowest score ever reached in a US Open. Miles ahead of the field, hopefully he'll keep it going.

LCFC'sGodWears9

Play suspended due to rain & threat of thunder & lightening.

YE Yang is hunting down McIlroy, he's a couple under for his first 7/8 holes, 5 under for the tournament.

LCFC'sGodWears9

McIlroy seems to be using his brain, got a horrid lie in the rough on the 3rd, chipped out and put a wedge to within a foot. He may well have learnt his lesson from the previous major.

LCFC'sGodWears9

Westwood & Day have both made a move, both finished 6 under for the day, 65, and are both 5 under for the tournament. The problem is, they're still 7 shots back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669