US Open Tennis 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks so obvious now doesn't it? Murray looks completely beaten. Shouting out loud his legs are like jelly. He needs something big to pick him up but can't see how he'll get it.

What an amazing match this is. Murray in patches has played sublimely well, I just think he has let Djorkovic off the hook when he hasn't been up to his usual lofty standards.

Not sure where my money is at this minute. I wouldn't bet against this going to the wire.

Go Murray!

I couldn't dare to jinx it by posting before now. What a match and well played Andy. Thoroughly deserves to be amongst the grand slam champions.

Brilliant Murray! I fell asleep about 1 and it looked like Murray was done at that point. Incredible strength to come back and take that.

Absolutely fantastic! Can we finally retire the phrase "Not since Fred Perry in 1936..."? Well done to Britain's Andy Murray! ;)

Brilliant Murray! I fell asleep about 1 and it looked like Murray was done at that point. Incredible strength to come back and take that.

Absolutely fantastic! Can we finally retire the phrase "Not since Fred Perry in 1936..."? Well done to Britain's Andy Murray! ;)

Now you can start using "Not since Andy Murray in 2012...."

The Sky Team were banging on about it a good hour afterwards. And first question to Murray was rather predicatably "How do you feel to be the ......"

I know, lazy or what, they could've started with a question about renaissance art or nuclear physics.

Part-timer :icon_lol:

Must admit I couldn't see him winning the final set. Djokovic wasn't missing anything in the 3rd and 4th sets. Murray's now up to World Number 3, and could challenge for number one before the end of the year.

One Grand Slam each in 2012 for the top four.

I know, lazy or what, they could've started with a question about renaissance art or nuclear physics.

I personally just don't see the 1936 issue as being at all relevant. It's the modern era of tennis, being compared to Fred Perry is a bit daft. Tennis players represent themselves not their country of birth unless playing in the Davis cup.

I watched the Sky coverage, don't know who the main guy was with Annabel Croft and Greg Rusedski but he was royally getting on my tits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669