USB Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

This is a problem with my sisters computer but I know how good you guys are when it comes to these sorts of problems.

Anyway my sisters pc went off to be fixed a little while back, complete widnwos wipe and re-install. Since it came back we have been having some probelsm with the USB ports, basically they don't work....except for when they do!!

The modem for the internet has worked fine in the USB ports from day one of having them back. However I can't seem to get anything else to work!! The computer doesn't seem to recognise me connecting up the printer no matter which of the 4 USB ports I use (including the one that the modem works in). Im fairly certain that its not a printer problem as I can't get her camera to connect either, the computer makes the "ping" noise when the camera is plugged into it but the standard windows pop up for connecting to a camera doesn't come up. Ive tried installing the fujifilm software that came with the camera and that doesn't find the camera either. I have connected the camera to my pc so i know it works.

I know its probably an issue with the way the USB have been installed but it seems strange that the modem would still work!!

Any ideas?

Regards

fcukcov

Does anything untoward show up in device manager? It may be that the drivers for the mainboard chipset were not reinstalled properly.

Does anything untoward show up in device manager? It may be that the drivers for the mainboard chipset were not reinstalled properly.

Nope the device manager seems to suggest that the USB devices are all fine.

There's some Windows services that need to be enabled for it to recognise certain devices.
Which version of Windows is it?

There's some Windows services that need to be enabled for it to recognise certain devices.
Which version of Windows is it?

XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673