Vardy Racism Row

Status
Not open for further replies.

pork pie fox

I didn't know that was his nickname. I also didn't know that was considered a racist term. It's not something I've ever said, but I genuinely didn't know that (and I'm normally pretty up on these things).

Volpone

Maybe he was saying 'chap'. I get called 'chap' lots of times and don't find it offensive.

Alright chap?

Micky

Vardy was wrong but I don't think this will go far. He'll get a telling off and we'll move on.

Volpone

Vardy was wrong but I don't think this will go far. He'll get a telling off and we'll move on.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he was saying "Oi chap!".

I'm being deadly serious. Nobody would say "Oi Jap!". It just doesn't happen.

Ike O'Noclassed

My moraloutrageometer is failing to compute where "Jap" comes in on the scale compared to say "Slit Eyes", whether public utterances are better or worse than private ones, and how the "scored a goal 10 minutes into the new season" factor can be calibrated.

fitz

I didn't know that was his nickname. I also didn't know that was considered a racist term. It's not something I've ever said, but I genuinely didn't know that (and I'm normally pretty up on these things).

It's a term so offensive you need at least a fortnight for the outrage to stir up.

cafe

Hull Troll
Has this video been edited to exclude the orgy scene?Your owners must think they are cursed.Do you think the precedent of sacking players allegedly involved in racism will be followed or does being one of your better players protect him.
Not a dig at your club .I think many clubs would have a flexible code applied to the top players

Brown Nose

It's hardly news that Vardy and his Mrs are a pair of slightly deranged, low-life, chavvy feckwits.

I would have hoped that the club would have spent a little time and effort emphasising the importance of good behavior following the Thailand / Simpson nonsense.

Frankly, the sooner we have a squad full of foreigners, the better. Home grown players are just an embarrassment. I blame Thatcher.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

It's not as though he asked the chap to lick his arse or anything, is it?

Matt_B

I hear chap as well but also find it slightly hypocritical that any of our fans would find this offensive after the song they sang about Abe eating dogs and the amount of times they sing "Gypo" at anyone with long hair.

Cate Fox

How much money did The Sun have to pay to make the fella outraged?

Matt_B

Isn't it also convenient that they've held on to the story for two weeks until the Nagasaki anniversary?

fitz

Isn't it also convenient that they've held on to the story for two weeks until the Nagasaki anniversary?

very much so, yet the NOTW reckon it is Vardy who has insensitive timing, the morally sound News of the ****ing World! Anyway, re cafe's bit about punishment - the main difference is he's picking a fight with someone in his own time and not a work event. If clubs sacked players for being bellends in their private time then I doubt there'd be much of a league left.

camberwell fox

What's pffensive, is it a combo of offensive and pfft?

I meant to quote Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670