Speculation Vardy to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy waiting to safely move his family before it's announced?

Trying to squeeze more out of Arsenal?

Waiting to see who else might be interested?

Waiting to see if Kante and/or Mahrez stays?

Loads of possibilities, but 'committed to Leicester' doesn't seem to be one of them.

June 2016: four year £130k a week contract signed
September 2016: hamstring gone
Next four years: on a bike in the basement
June 2020: released to Stoke
July 2021: BT Sport announce their new signing

September 2016: hamstring gone
Next four years: on a bike in the basement
June 2020: released to Stoke
July 2021: BT Sport announce their new signing

September 2016: A blistering, pacy run ends when he is sandwiched between Morgan + Huth
Next four years: never seen again.

I am proud of how the club have handled this. We haven't degraded ourselves in any way. We have quietly gone about making a counter offer. If the terms of that offer are as reported it is highly ambitious and a statement of the resources we can actually commit to a quality signing.

If Vardy goes I am not worried. We will find someone of quality to replace him. I am not worried for Vardy either. I'd wish him the very best. I think he would be making a big mistake, but ultimately he was part of the greatest team we have ever built. You can't dislike that. You don't have to like his decision making, or him as a person, but he has won the right to a round of applause when he plays against us.

Come on city!

Football has no soul

September 2016: A blistering, pacy run ends when he is sandwiched between Morgan + Huth
Next four years: never seen again.

September 2016: blistering, pacy run ends with a Vardy goal and Leicester moving top of the league where they stay all season
May 2016: Vardy bursts through the Barcelona defence to score the winning goal in the Champions League final
Next four years: Leicester go on to cement their place among Europe's elite clubs.

September 2016: blistering, pacy run ends with a Vardy goal and Leicester moving top of the league where they stay all season
May 2016: Vardy bursts through the Barcelona defence to score the winning goal in the Champions League final
Next four years: Leicester go on to cement their place among Europe's elite clubs.
Sound good - I prefer your version to mine!

June 2016: Signs a 130k a week contact
July 2016: Massive Asteroid strikes Barton in the Beans and wipes out the human race
June 7099: Panini sticker album unearthed on archaeological dig on the site formally believed to be 'The Saff' Jamie Vardy the only sticker in swappable condition

Vardy waiting to safely move his family before it's announced?

Trying to squeeze more out of Arsenal?

Waiting to see who else might be interested?

Waiting to see if Kante and/or Mahrez stays?

Being told by Woy to shut the **** up and concentrate on the matter more immediately in hand?

Love the way the press are speculating on Mahrez and Kante utter bollocks at the moment, Wenger has moved to try and get vardy for a snip hence the reported 130k a week, July will be squeaky bum time when most of the deals are struck, I am more interested in who we recruit, as has been reported here previously, we have a great spine of a team with some very underated players who have performed exceptionally over the last 18 months, if they hit the same levels this season we will be pushing for a top four finish irrelevant of who Chelski,Utd City and the likes sign.

Ian Abrahams (from TalkSport) has just tweeted saying his sources say we'll find out if Vardy is joining Arsenal or not this afternoon.

Although Talk Sport themselves say he's now going to wait until after the Euros!

So we'll either find out this afternoon or at some other time !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566