VBulletin - FAO Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitcho_uk

Hi Jeff,

Can you tell me if there is a free version of vbulletin. I am trying to solve a problem for an availablity problem that i have for my hockey team where I am constantly having to ring people to see if they can play. We did have an all sing all dancing website but the chap who used to run it has spat his dummy out and shut it down, he wont allow me to reinstate the website elsewhere.

I have set up an email group but I wanted to utilise the polling system on here for people to state wether they are available or not.

I have looked at other systems such as SMF and phpbb but you can not see who has voted for which option, just how many people have voted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jeff,

Can you tell me if there is a free version of vbulletin. I am trying to solve a problem for an availablity problem that i have for my hockey team where I am constantly having to ring people to see if they can play. We did have an all sing all dancing website but the chap who used to run it has spat his dummy out and shut it down, he wont allow me to reinstate the website elsewhere.

I have set up an email group but I wanted to utilise the polling system on here for people to state wether they are available or not.

I have looked at other systems such as SMF and phpbb but you can not see who has voted for which option, just how many people have voted.

Any help would be appreciated.

There's no free version of vBulletin, it's £91 to buy, or £48 for a one year license.
If you like I can set up a private forum on here for you to use.

Can I remind people to please only use the support forum for problems with the site.

Darth Vodka

my rugby team uses a yahoogroup email

there are polls on it, but when we ask for availability they all reply to another little captains' yahoogroup address

mitcho_uk

Thanks Jeff, that would be great I will pm you the details.

Can I remind people to please only use the support forum for problems with the site.

Sorry

my rugby team uses a yahoogroup email

there are polls on it, but when we ask for availability they all reply to another little captains' yahoogroup address

I use google groups at the moment but if use the poll function I can set up a different poll for each of the games this season so people can add there availability as soon as they know. Well thats the way I hope it will work.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Hopefully the new description that you have written for the support group will make this even more obvious to people.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I use google groups at the moment but if use the poll function I can set up a different poll for each of the games this season so people can add there availability as soon as they know. Well thats the way I hope it will work.

The Poll function in YahooGroups has the advantage that people can change their vote; I don't think that is possible with the polls on this board. This facility would be useful in your circumstances if somebody's availability status changed after they had registered it.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I changed that a couple of weeks ago, it doesn't seem to have helped!

Oh! Clearly not - but I have to say that it seems perfectly clear which forum is for what.

glyn

Originally Posted by Jeff

Thanks Jeff, that would be great I will pm you the details.Thanks Jeff, that would be great I will pm you the details.

I'd very much recommend this offer from my own experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670