Waghorn to the Sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loan is a good idea potentially. We cannot sell Waggy and have no need to IMO. When he is on form, as we know, he is a very good player indeed. Sort the form out and we have a future Premier League striker on our hands I reckon.

Loan is a good idea potentially. We cannot sell Waggy and have no need to IMO. When he is on form, as we know, he is a very good player indeed. Sort the form out and we have a future Premier League striker on our hands I reckon.

Agreed, but to a Div 1 club where he will get regular games and confidence. If he does go though it leaves us very light up front, Yak and Vassell but little cover for suspensions and injuries (Howard is now out of his depth in this league).

Sheff Yoo paid 3m for Ched Evans did they not?

Small change from the £8-10m they got for the Kyles.

Waggy should stick it out here and learn his trade from Vassell and Yak. Still think that pair (and SGE) are only here for a matter of months, perhaps weeks if the current musical chairs in the Prem continues.

£2m let alone talking about £3m was well over the odds for a useful but fairly ordinary player. He may have played above himself last season no doubt relishing the chance to play regular first team football. I'm afraid we just got this one wrong and it hasn't taken long for the club and most supporters to understand that.

He certainly won't improve by not playing so there is a good case for sending him out on loan but the rules these days on loans are too complicated for me so I wouldn't know if we would be able to recall him before the end of the normal season.

One thing I'm certain about is that neither Derby nor anyone else is going to shell out the sort of money we paid until and unless he starts to look better than the average championship player.

Apparently, anybody can just make up stuff and people will believe it to be fact

...and if whoever writes such drivel can't even spell Paul Gallagher correctly, what hope do we have?

Last edited:
i think Waggy, The Yak and Dyer will literally scare the shit out of most defences in this league (not necessarily starting with Preston as we are away).
As Mark McGhee used to put it - in this league you need Pace, Power and Aggression.
I think we have that covered right now.
And Vassell, Howard and Gallagher can do there own passable impression of the aforementioned three.

To date - we've not exactly scared much out of anyone.

Check out the league table for confirmation.

Stringer kept saying the defence was backing off Yakubo because they were 'scared' of him

Can someone who was there confirm this?

Stringer kept saying the defence was backing off Yakubo because they were 'scared' of him

Can someone who was there confirm this?

It's said that you should never believe your own propaganda. On the occasions I've heard Mr Stringer, I get the impression of an over-enthusuastic young man who isn't too keen to separate out wishful thinking from any reality.

I don't think so. We either send him to a team competing with us and potentially harm our own chances or to an inferior lower league team.

Waghorn just needs good coaching, time and stability to develop. He's had plenty of football over the last 18 months.

It's unlikely that Waghorn would be the difference at the end of the season between us going up (however unlikely) and not.

And what would be wrong with sending him to a lower league team?

Stringer has just tweeted that Waghorn may be on the way to Preston.

"Phil Brown's told us today "there's a possibility Preston will sign Martyn Waghorn, conversation lines are open" more on 104.9fm from 6pm"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669