Wales manager Gary Speed confirmed dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they to blame for their sexuality? You are aware that homosexuality is no longer illegal, right? You talk like they've committed some heinous crime! And if you're getting on your high horse about extra-martial affairs, well that happens every day, in every town, in every country all over the world. It's no-one else's business.

In my opinion, homosexuality is completely accepted in our society now, apart from the knuckle dragging minority, a lot of whom are football fans (some in our own set of supporters, as referenced by the homophobic chants aimed at Brighton fans this season). Gay sportsmen and women need to have the bottle to realise that this is a minority and the only way this prejudice can be beaten is by confronting it - unfortunately players who have suffered racist abuse can't hide who they are, but in facing up to the problem it has now been more or less eradicated from our game, apart from isolated incidents.
Homosexuality is tolerated these days. Not entirely accepted but between consenting adults, good luck to 'em.

What you're overlooking is, the guy was married. If it turns out to be true, then he would have betrayed the marital vows. I take that quite seriously. Especially once children are in the picture.

Of course, this is all speculation. Last night I was playing poker and the rumour circulating was that his wife was having an affair. We may never know the truth, just be left hanging, so to speak.

It may be accepted or tolerated but it still doesn't stop people gawping. I sometimes do a double-take when I see a same sex couple holding hands or kissing, as an almost automatic reaction.

We may never know the truth, just be left hanging, so to speak.

Neither I nor anybody else has any right at all to take offence at that as it is a commonly used everyday expression with no relevance to any recent event at all.

So there. :icon_wink

Whats up with Lloyds? I go in to Leicester city centre about twice a year these days. It was never that nice, but didn't realise it had turned in to some anti-gay pub??

Homosexuality is tolerated these days. Not entirely accepted but between consenting adults, good luck to 'em.

What you're overlooking is, the guy was married. If it turns out to be true, then he would have betrayed the marital vows. I take that quite seriously. Especially once children are in the picture.

Of course, this is all speculation. Last night I was playing poker and the rumour circulating was that his wife was having an affair. We may never know the truth, just be left hanging, so to speak.

Of course, but it's a bit of a different situation having a marital affair when a gay man feels he has to be with a woman to protect his image. Of course I'm not saying it wouldn't hurt his wife and kids, but imo it's more of a problem with society than it is the individual. If he was already in a gay relationship and cheated on his partner with another man, then fair enough, that would be comparable to adultery and I could understand people having a go at him for that, but when a person feels they have to force themselves to be in a relationship with whichever sex they're not attracted to it's a bit of a different situation and personally, I can't really say that the individual is the one to blame. Similar with forced marriages by people who grew up in religious surroundings as well.

Haha, of course you're right.

A marital affair? :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Neither I nor anybody else has any right at all to take offence at that as it is a commonly used everyday expression with no relevance to any recent event at all.

So there. :icon_wink

You got it.
:icon_bigg

Last night I was playing poker and the rumour circulating was that his wife was having an affair.

I'm friends with an ex Welsh international, a Championship winner (now Premiership) from the 80's, and he told me the same thing, she was at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669