Walkin on Sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Elsby

We're Walkin on Sunshine...

Seems like the Charity Shop that was Leicester City under Mickey Adams has been closed...

Another clean sheet. A goalkeeper at his busiest for ages cos he had to make three saves...

"Dead Loss" Dion challenging for man-of-the-match and looking like a man reborn in his relatively new role as a defensive fortress.

Gillespie claiming too more assists when Micky only rated him as a seat warmer...

Dabizas proving himself humble enough to improve his game and looking like he's enjoying playing for Leicester at last...

The "Golden" Lily getting his fifth goal of the season from midfield...

And City playing out the last 10 minutes of a match on the front foot instead of the back.

Fans from Hearts have been on the forum asking what we think of Levein and what effect he's had.

Well, one things for sure. When he gives a half-time talk he certainly gets listened to.

But above all he's given this club professionalism.

And with it he's fast giving the club its pride back. Pride in performance, pride in the shirt, pride as individuals, pride as a team, pride in the stadium and pride in the job.

The impression I get is that not only has Levein re-organised at a rate of knots (with more in the offing) he has got everyone focused on improving their skills, both individually and within the team.

Commenting on the result and City's long awaited appearance in the top section of the table he said: "I'm not looking at that just now. I'm just looking to continue making improvements," or words to that effect.

An adjustment here, attention to detail there. Lay a solid foundation and then begin tuning the mechanics to perfection.

We're Walking On sunshine ... And Don't It Feel Good.

Hi, glad Levein is working out for you guys. Seems like he has won the dressing room and fans already, can't say i am surprised. :D
As a Hearts fan i was not happy but not surprised either to see him go. As it happens it was no bad thing for us, we got a bit of money and another of our playing greats took over in the managerial hotseat. He has us playing a bit more attacking and the product so far is entertaining.
Hope you at least make the playoffs this year.

Great post Tony, think you sum up the change in our fortunes perfectly.

I dont think I can overstate the fine job CL has done since taking over. He has gone back to basics, we defend as a team, work hard and try to be positive, this has instill confidence back into the playing squad.

Yes there will be blips, but whilst we adopt these footballing principles, we are going to win far more than we lose. We have won on 2 consecutive saturdays, conceded one goal in the last 3 games, and not only that but we are also without 2 of our most influential players at present in Keown and Tiatto, CL has truly developed this into a squad game, with all players being encouraged and challenged to make a positive contribution, this has helped increase competition for places, and dare I say it prove nobody is an automatic choice.

Thanks for your input - I hope you make the Uefa Cup again...

Fancy swapping Blake and De Vries?

Tony Elsby said:
We're Walkin on Sunshine...

Seems like the Charity Shop that was Leicester City under Mickey Adams has been closed...

Another clean sheet. A goalkeeper at his busiest for ages cos he had to make three saves...

"Dead Loss" Dion challenging for man-of-the-match and looking like a man reborn in his relatively new role as a defensive fortress.

Gillespie claiming too more assists when Micky only rated him as a seat warmer...

Dabizas proving himself humble enough to improve his game and looking like he's enjoying playing for Leicester at last...

The "Golden" Lily getting his fifth goal of the season from midfield...

And City playing out the last 10 minutes of a match on the front foot instead of the back.

Fans from Hearts have been on the forum asking what we think of Levein and what effect he's had.

Well, one things for sure. When he gives a half-time talk he certainly gets listened to.

But above all he's given this club professionalism.

And with it he's fast giving the club its pride back. Pride in performance, pride in the shirt, pride as individuals, pride as a team, pride in the stadium and pride in the job.

The impression I get is that not only has Levein re-organised at a rate of knots (with more in the offing) he has got everyone focused on improving their skills, both individually and within the team.

Commenting on the result and City's long awaited appearance in the top section of the table he said: "I'm not looking at that just now. I'm just looking to continue making improvements," or words to that effect.

An adjustment here, attention to detail there. Lay a solid foundation and then begin tuning the mechanics to perfection.

We're Walking On sunshine ... And Don't It Feel Good.

Spot on mate, it does feel good. i've finally just about stopped dreading the last ten minutes of the game, we look much more solid, our "underated" players, (Stewart, Gillespie) look to be playing with more confidence and everyone seems like that they are playin for the club and not just their wages (Dabizas, Dublin) Let's hope that that this is the start of a new beginning and continue our push for promotion, COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS

alex said:

EEMMMMMMM no thanks :D
But it does look like de Vreis will be leaving if his agent has anything to do with it.

highland fox said:
That Wyness seems to score a lot of Hearts goals lately.

Sure has, he was with Inverness CT before he came to Hearts and his manager was Robbo (our new manager) and Robbo seems to have given him his confidence back. He looks lively and happy on the pitch, our new song for him is,
Theres only one Dennis Wyness
Theres only one Dennis Wyness
He used to be sh!te
But now he's alright
walking in a Wyness wonderland.
:D

Fine Scottish Wine said:
alex said:

But it does look like de Vreis will be leaving if his agent has anything to do with it.

Do you think he's coming to us? Do you rate him?

seems to b a bit of an open secret up here that both de vries and maybury will b heading for leicester. do we rate de vries? he scored 4 against hibs on his home debut.... nuff said
hes great, there isnt a defender in the world who'd enjoy playing against him, and for such a big guy he's a good player too. saturday was a prime example- he didnt score, but absolutely terrorised dunfermlines defence, leaving space for others

BUT
as i mentioned before in a previous post hes always injured. whether thats from having to carry his bulk around or bad luck or maybe he genuinely does have paper legs we dont know

As for wyness, hes starting to come good after a year and a half here, but a few good games does not a world beater make. we'll see....

Maybury? superb, absolutely brilliant player for us- he made the transition from right back to left back seamlessly and is arguably the most consistent player in scotland. he collects a lot of yellow cards, which isnt through being dirty, but through an unwillingness to let anything, be it animal (rangers) vegetable (hibs) or mineral (umm, the ball? running out of ideas here lol) past him. he'd run through a brick wall for his team, and even more so for levein who rescued him from reserve team obscurity at leeds. We'd absolutely love him to stay but i cant see it

the one thing i have to say is that these are guys (de vries and maybury) who utterly bought into CL's thinking at tynie and are incredibly effective. dont want them to go, but im developing a wee soft spot for lcfc myself now, so wuoldnt be too offended :)

if u do get them, ule get them for a song in january (maybe a wee dance too)

i wanna come see how things r goin next time im down ure way, are games usually ticket only or can u pay at turnstile?

Currently you can nearly always get a ticket on the day as we have about 10K spare seats... but if Levein keeps going the way he is, you may struggle towards the end of the season, as the armchair fans start getting itchy feet again. :roll:

Bring some mates - the more the merrier :lol: :lol: :lol:

youngscot said:
seems to b a bit of an open secret up here that both de vries and maybury will b heading for leicester. do we rate de vries? he scored 4 against hibs on his home debut.... nuff said
hes great, there isnt a defender in the world who'd enjoy playing against him, and for such a big guy he's a good player too. saturday was a prime example- he didnt score, but absolutely terrorised dunfermlines defence, leaving space for others

BUT
as i mentioned before in a previous post hes always injured. whether thats from having to carry his bulk around or bad luck or maybe he genuinely does have paper legs we dont know

As for wyness, hes starting to come good after a year and a half here, but a few good games does not a world beater make. we'll see....

Maybury? superb, absolutely brilliant player for us- he made the transition from right back to left back seamlessly and is arguably the most consistent player in scotland. he collects a lot of yellow cards, which isnt through being dirty, but through an unwillingness to let anything, be it animal (rangers) vegetable (hibs) or mineral (umm, the ball? running out of ideas here lol) past him. he'd run through a brick wall for his team, and even more so for levein who rescued him from reserve team obscurity at leeds. We'd absolutely love him to stay but i cant see it

the one thing i have to say is that these are guys (de vries and maybury) who utterly bought into CL's thinking at tynie and are incredibly effective. dont want them to go, but im developing a wee soft spot for lcfc myself now, so wuoldnt be too offended :)

if u do get them, ule get them for a song in january (maybe a wee dance too)

i wanna come see how things r goin next time im down ure way, are games usually ticket only or can u pay at turnstile?

You can purchase tickets on the day at most home matches this season i'm afraid...

Thanks again for all your input, excellent... And i have to admit to looking out for Hearts results now myself! Glad to see the post Levein dip seems to be over.

I wouldn't be surprised if players go both ways (not Blake and not gay necessarily) but certainly loans etc. Levein I reckon will make a Hearts LCFC trade pact.... :wink:

I think you're right there Alex.

alex said:
Fine Scottish Wine said:
alex said:

Do you think he's coming to us? Do you rate him?

Where he ends up probably depends on the money, although playing for a manager who rates him has to have a bit of pulling power i guess. As has been said above he has some talent for a big lad, does not get pushed of the ball although his goal tally is not overly impressive (34) 15 first season 15 second season and 4 so far this year, he can also be a good foil for the other strikers though. If you get him he will probably do a job in the championship, unsure how he will cope in the premiership if you get there.
Anyway he is in talks to renew his contract just now, along with too many others to mention, could be a busy January up here.

Fine Scottish Wine said:
If you get him (de Vries) he will probably do a job in the championship, unsure how he will cope in the premiership if you get there.

Sounds a bit too much like a number of other players we have signed recently. :roll:

I'm not sure about him having watched him a few times,definately for the Premiership.He could score goals in the Championship but if I was pushed for a decision I wouldn't want him,no better than Scowcroft IMO.We need an out and out goalscorer as I've said before a Cottee type player ,scores scrappy goals etc

I agree

He looks like a big huge lump who batters his way to the goal - we've had our fair share of those recently

Yeah it feels good, but you could have picked a better song :lol:

We need to keep our feet on the ground after this result and aim to consolidate with another win...8th and 16th place are separated by only 3 points so we must push!!!!

Good win, and I have nothing to complain about. Lets just not get complacent. Reading will be a good test. Come on you Foxes

homer said:
I agree

He looks like a big huge lump who batters his way to the goal - we've had our fair share of those recently

granted, he looks like that type of player but thats more due to his physical size than anything else. he is a good football player, excellent at holding the ball up and very good at opportunisitc and scrappy goals- just ask bordeaux, braga et al. if a scrappy half chance appears in the opposition's box, de vries is the man i want on the end of it.
I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he is a very good striker and not just a battering ram

youngscot said:
homer said:
I agree

granted, he looks like that type of player but thats more due to his physical size than anything else. he is a good football player, excellent at holding the ball up and very good at opportunisitc and scrappy goals- just ask bordeaux, braga et al. if a scrappy half chance appears in the opposition's box, de vries is the man i want on the end of it.
I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he is a very good striker and not just a battering ram

Certainly we need to find some firepower up front. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670