Walshie speaks the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIF

It wasn't me who said that!!!

Redditch Fox

Great player but talks out of his jacksie

Quite. He is out of touch with the reality of the situation.

The situation has moved on a lot since he was playing. With the best will in the world, He shouldn't assume that these players care that much about Leicester City. There has been such a massive turnover of players, that there is no continuity in the same way that there used to be. For instance, you could trace back Walshie's involvement to the days of Lineker. You could trace back Lineker's to the days of Weller. Weller's to the days of Shilton; Shilton to Banks and Banks to Rowley. So in those days we had heroes who knew about former heroes of the club....these days there is no sense amongst the players of understanding what Leicester City was all about.

FIF

Weller's to the days of Shilton

??

I agree with the sentiment though, especially at the moment. It is a sad reflection on the top level in general and money men like MM in particular. I hate the buy victories mentality which many fans slip into these days. I applaud decent youth systems and homegrown players. We'll never get back to that though, which is why the England team's victory days are so few and far between.

Redditch Fox

??

I agree with the sentiment though, especially at the moment. It is a sad reflection on the top level in general and money men like MM in particular. I hate the buy victories mentality which many fans slip into these days. I applaud decent youth systems and homegrown players. We'll never get back to that though, which is why the England team's victory days are so few and far between.

Quite - I haven't time to check all the precise accuracies - but you see what i mean - the important thing is that there used to be some continuity. With the possible and doubtful exception of Stearman - no one in the present squad has got a clue about Leicester City. I realise that Man U is in a completely different world and different scale but notice how Fergie builds in some continuity.

FIF

I'm sure if MM offered the players a 10 year multi million pound contract then there'd be continuity. For this reason I don't think that Manure or Liverpool are good examples. If Scholes was born in Scunthorpe or Gerrard in tranmere I doubt they'd have been willing to stay there for more than a couple of seasons.

For me Lineker was the same. Leicester boy who saw the green and left. Never really forgiven him. What we can ask though is that while the players are wearing a foxes shirt and being paid by the foxes they should bleed Fox blue and give 100% for the team, the fans and the history of Leicester.

Only seeing 1 game a season in the flesh it is now too difficult for me to judge that, I rely on reports from supporters.

londonfox

No, Walshie talks a pile of bollocks for the most part. We could be 4-0 down with three minutes to go and he'll pipe up: "We can win this, if we get one we'll get more". I also heard him say recently that he likes Ian Holloway and thinks that he makes very good tactical decisions. Thank **** you're not our manager Steve.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
It wasn't me who said that!!!

Don't worry, FIF. This place has a reputation for outrageous editing of quoted passages.

If you click on the right arrow to the right of where it says 'Originally posted by FIF', you will see that they were your words but that DB has quotesd them wickedly out of context. If you stay here for any time at all, you will be doing it yourself - and knowing you from another time and place, I expect you will be better at it than most.

FIF

looks like it might be worth staying around then. lol

and what time on Satdi night Boc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675