Watford -19/09/09 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off:

3pm

Tickets:

We have received an initial allocation of 1500 tickets, however I believe a further 700 tickets will be made available if required.

Adults: £22.50
Seniors/Students(under 25)/Young Adults(16-19yrs): £12.50
Under 16's: £9.50

Any ticket purchased on the day of the game will increase by £2.50.

Tickets are currently on sale to members, general sale will commence as of tomorrow (Fri 11th Sept).

Fox Travel:

Adult STH £14
Adult non STH £17
Concession STH £12
Concession non STH £15

Fox Travel coaches will depart from the stadium at 11.30am.

Directions & Parking:

Approx 86 miles - 1hr 30 mins

M1 south to J5, take the A4008 (Stephenson Way) in to Watford, at the island take the 2nd exit, and join A411 (Beechen Grove), follow this road and Vicarage Road will be on your left hand side. The ground is just in front of the Watford General Hospital.

Private match day car parks are on offer for approx £5, alternatively there is plenty of parking options in Watford town centre.

Trains:

An off peak return fare is £39.80 - however you can reduce this 50% by doing the following:

Off peak day return Leic > Nuneton £7.90
Super off peak day return Nuneaton > Watford Junction £12.00
Total: £19.90

In order to use the Super off peak day return, you must only travel on London Midland services between Nuneaton & Watford Junction.

Pubs:

Grounds Guide suggests the Odd Fellows, on Fearnley Street - otherwise there is a large Wetherspoons in Watford town centre called 'Moon Under Water'.

that oddfellows pub was great last time

Just booked 8 tickets for this.
Have some questions :

1) Where do people recommend for beers beforehand - Is oddfellows a home and away supporters pub?
2) Where do people suggest for parking?
3) Am thinking of taking my SLR to the game. Anyone know if security may refuse?

Thanks

Just booked 8 tickets for this.

Congratulations

Have some questions :

1) Where do people recommend for beers beforehand - Is oddfellows a home and away supporters pub?

Yes

2) Where do people suggest for parking?

Have you read the original post in this thread?

3) Am thinking of taking my SLR to the game. Anyone know if security may refuse?

The standard football league regulations ban the taking of cameras into grounds. I can't see that Watford's will be any different.

Having said that, stewards normally use their discretion and allow compact cameras in (although Luton tried to stop me taking mine in for a pre-season friendly). SLRs are normally not allowed, although I am aware that there are members of this forum who regularly manage to get them into grounds.

Don't mention it.

Cheers for that - may not risk the SLR in that case
I cant really be too discreet with it - not as if I can shove it into my pocket or anything :)

As for parking - yep had read original post but was just wondering if there were specific on street parking locations ...?

Street Parking is near nil at Watford. Vicarage Road Primary School holds about 150 cars for a price and I remember getting away rather well from there.

Off memory for my first visit there, when Collymore hit the bar on his debut, there's a few multi-storey in the nearby centre too.

Last edited:
Trains:

An off peak return fare is £39.80 - however you can reduce this 50% by doing the following:

Off peak day return Leic > Nuneton £7.90
Super off peak day return Nuneaton > Watford Junction £12.00
Total: £19.90

In order to use the Super off peak day return, you must only travel on London Midland services between Nuneaton & Watford Junction.

Is it possible to get a group saver on either of these trains? I have managed to get a GS on a Leicester to Birmingham train before but it didn't seem to be advertised anywhere but they did it at Leicester Station?

Is it possible to get a group saver on either of these trains? I have managed to get a GS on a Leicester to Birmingham train before but it didn't seem to be advertised anywhere but they did it at Leicester Station?

Cross Country don't offer Groupsave, so you shouldn't have got the groupsave discount before. Maybe it was a complete one-off?

I believe only Southwest trains off groupsave on the SOPDR ticket. As London Midland opperate the service with SOPDR between Nuneaton - Watford Junction & return I am of the opinion it is not group-savable.

Last edited:
Cross Country don't offer Groupsave, so you shouldn't have got the groupsave discount before. Maybe it was a complete one-off?

I believe only Southwest trains off groupsave on the SOPDR ticket. As London Midland opperate the service with SOPDR between Nuneaton - Watford Junction & return I am of the opinion it is not group-savable.

Thanks. I'm heading to the station this week so I will ask anyway. May get lucky again.

If GroupSave had not been available on the ticket, the machine would not have issued the ticket - this is not something which ticket-clerk can exercise discretion over. It may be that XC fares that were originally set by the old Central Toc are still GroupSaveable.

SouthEastern Trains will GS an SOPDR. Both SET and LM are GoVia subsiduaries, so it may well be Nuneaton - Watford Junction fare may be GroupSaveable.

Didn't you once find a website that would offer the GS discount when available? Can you remember which it was?

If GroupSave had not been available on the ticket, the machine would not have issued the ticket - this is not something which ticket-clerk can exercise discretion over. It may be that XC fares that were originally set by the old Central Toc are still GroupSaveable.

SouthEastern Trains will GS an SOPDR. Both SET and LM are GoVia subsiduaries, so it may well be Nuneaton - Watford Junction fare may be GroupSaveable.

Didn't you once find a website that would offer the GS discount when available? Can you remember which it was?

The EMT website automatically includes GS3 or 4 when you select 3or4 adults. It didn't offer a GS price on the SOPDR, mind you I couldn't see the SOPDR price on their site.

Last edited:
Sorry for the questions but I have just looked at the East Mids Trains site and requested tickets for 4. They show the Off Peak Day return as £38 and the Super off Peak Day Return as £46. I have had a look at the descriptions of each ticket and can't see much difference that will effect my group. Am I missing something or have I just saved myself a couple of quid?

Got the answer for this one. GroupSave is NOT available with SOPDR on the Nuneaton to Watford route. BUT it is available on the Off-Peak Day Return.

That means that groups of four can travel for £9.50 each (OPDR-GS) - this is cheaper than the SOPDR.

Got the answer for this one. GroupSave is NOT available with SOPDR on the Nuneaton to Watford route. BUT it is available on the Off-Peak Day Return.

That means that groups of four can travel for £9.50 each (OPDR-GS) - this is cheaper than the SOPDR.

Cheers Boc & Notts :038::038:

And to complete the picture for this match, GroupSave tickets are NOT available between Leicester and Nuneaton. BUT there is a new ticket which I have never heard of called the Off-Peak Mini Group 4; this allows a group of 4 adults to do this part of the journey for £23.70.

That's less than £6 each, compared to the usual £7.90 off-peak return.

Last edited:
Hi

Heading down on me tod on saturday from my bedfordshire home. Are the Nascot / Oddfellows good boozers for away fans looking for a quick pint before ko?

ta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570