Post Match Watford 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should maybe try a different type of sex.

The types I haven't tried are the ones that don't interest me. Everything else has been at least investigated. I guess the 98-01 period is the equivalent of our championship winning season. A magnificent never-to-be-repeated experience now consigned to history.

I was about to cast withering contempt on the predictable " that was a long ****" comments. But actually looking back thats more or less what it seems like now. I certainly don't remember doing anything else memorable during that time.

Apart from going to Wembley in 2000 obviously.

But the celebrations afterwards in a hotel at Gatwick were better than the game anyway.

I guess the 98-01 period is the equivalent of our championship winning season.
Winning the Championship was nice but not THAT great, shirley. Better things to come maybe? 5000/1 chance at least.

Winning the Championship was nice but not THAT great, shirley. Better things to come maybe? 5000/1 chance at least.

I'm unlikely to scale those sort of heights again at the age of 52. I'm not Eddie Kelly :)

You have to earn the right fir every point in this league we are there to be knocked off our porch and we have fallen dramatically!

I just cannot believe CR and the club honestly thought only buying Mendy as a replacement for Cante would cephise and thinking King and Armartey would be adequate cover. I still think we wont go down the boro game is massive I wish CR would pick his 1st 11 and play it, its all well and good saying its virtually the same team as last season the problem is it keeps getting rotated and there is no cohesion!

How ridiculous to think those are the only two possibilities.

If Lee couldn't care less he should probably go and do something more interesting with his life. Surely writing about it here isn't one of them.
How ridiculous that you feel I give a **** what you think.

Trot along, princess.

Must be a little bit different for me living in Aus. I regrettably didn't make it to to a single live game last season. Luckily I booked a flight and was there to witness the party that was the bus parade. One of the most thoroughly enjoyable days in my life.

There is a good bunch of guys here that regularly meet up for matches. I've met people who were schooled in Australia with Leicester parents and are more knowledgable and enthusiastic than most ardent fans I have met. They would bite an arm off someone offering tickets up.

I can't really understand anyone who feels deflated after our highs of last season, I'm still living it. If we were to finish mid table crash out of the Champions league and win the FA Cup I'd be over the moon. If we get relegated I will live with it.

I've not spent money on a season ticket or away trips to Hull. I'd probably cash in my Aussie life here with sunny beaches and big prawns to have had the chance to have been able to sing 45 mins of "We're going to win the league" at Selhurst Park.

Yesterday was disappointing but not quite the end of the world for me.

Eighty posts in, and not a single player rating in sight

This place has gone right down the shitter

I understood, at last, that they were not wanted by the big two. ;)

We need more of your type of posts and less related to our feelings about the football.

How ridiculous that you feel I give a **** what you think.

Trot along, princess.

I don't, but you clearly think you are a funny mastermind and need everyone else to think you are too. I find most of your posts to be not football related, monotonous and usually derogatory towards a poster, chiefly BN but you spread your destruction around. I remember this site before you were here and it was a friendly, lively place, some ex-posters mentioned you to me as one of the reasons they left. You certainly seem to have had an effect. congratulations.

I find most of your posts to be not football related, monotonous and usually derogatory towards a poster

Didn't you call someone a dick recently?

Didn't you call someone a dick recently?

Yep, me - not the first time either

A very strange person who seems to think its his role to tell people what to post and how to post it

Quite bizarre

Yep, me - not the first time either

A very strange person who seems to think its his role to tell people what to post and how to post it

Quite bizarre

Which is pretty ironic seeing as he gets himself banned from every website he goes on.

Good job the owners are not short of a few quid.

Summer transfers and pre- season preparation look a bit of a disaster with promising new players looking not yet ready for PL football e.g. Amartey or are injury prone/ unlucky. And some established players knackered or disinterested. Opponents have sussed us and the refs have unkindly tho' inconsistently started applying the foul rules to defenders in the penalty area

January is a bit of a puzzle - do you buy in players to fill the big gaps caused by the African Cup of Nations or plan longer term.....also better players are going to run a mile from a relegation battle. Yet the PL is so challenging that only quality matters.

Difficult.

Will we have enough players when AFCON starts

Last season we were punching well above our weight and our incredible team spirit, and failings by the usual big boys, carried us over the line.

Most Olympic gold medallists will tell you that the only only thing harder than winning your first gold medal is trying to defend your title and win the second one 4 years later.

I think even if we had been able to keep Kante we would be struggling a bit to keep last year's momentum going.

Teams are playing deeper. Refs do not let Morgan and Huth 'defend' in the way they had become accustomed to etc.

Claudio and player recruitment advisers are obviously not prepared to just go and buy midfielders and defenders unless they believe they match our ethos, work rate etc.

The new players that have come in need time to adjust, just like Vardy and Mahrez needed when they first arrived.

This year looks what most people thought it would look like - mid-table in the league and a good run out in the Champions League. I will be happy with that while the owners budget for long term growth and strengthening of the club.

Reactions: FIF
Which is pretty ironic seeing as he gets himself banned from every website he goes on.

That's not quite accurate, there are some where I'm not banned but why let facts get in the way. I don't really see why that's ironic either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669