Post Match Watford 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claudio needs a bollocking himself. Too often this season his tactics, lineups, morale, getting his players to perform, addressing the attitude and mentality of the team all come down to him.

Ranieri has either lost the plot or he is playing games with the media. We were poor today and need to wake up or we'll be in the championship next season.

Danny D saying much the same on the telly. It's about time this daft PR stuff stopped. If either of them actually think there was anything positive to be taken from that pathetic showing then we're down already. I'd prefer players & managers to just say "yes we were shite & we'll do everything we can to turn it around" I'm not a child, I can take it. I'm also not an idiot & don't much like having my intelligence insulted.

Didn't watch it myself, but some of the neutrals have a slightly less depressive view on the game than most in here. They're tossers of course.

Claudio needs to be bollocking this lot.

He almost certainly did.

Never heard him so animated in an interview ever since he came here.

You could tell he was absolutely livid despite what he said.

He is never going to criticise his players publicly but in private he has obviously been extremely angry.

My suspicion that the end of last season was time to knock it on the head is looking increasingly as though it was correct. I don't care that we're losing games and playing badly. My heart isn't in it when I'm there unless it's a European game and today I just checked on the score at full time and haven't given it much thought until this post.

It's a shame but it's highly likely that I'll be giving my season ticket up after this season is over. I had my doubts about renewing and only did so for the guarantee of tickets for Champions' League football. Everything about last season was so utterly fantastic that anything which comes after will pale in comparison. I don't care about our results and I can't bring myself to moan about this group of players and coaches.

I hear people talking about an opportunity missed for us but it was never there; we deserved our title but we won it in the context of the big clubs being shite. That's unlikely ever to happen again. If it does the chances that it's us who benefit are vanishingly small and even if it was it wouldn't mean as much a second time around.

I'm barely even watching football on the telly. Even when it's on it's background noise whilst I read or browse the internet. It's disappointing but last season has killed it for me

Bring on the African cup of Nations it will force CR hands not impressed we have bought a 15 million pound ornament in Kapustchka!

We are shocking in the midfield still wont panic yet but getting close hopefully Jeff will be sold in January he may have been ok today he is still and idle fecker!

My suspicion that the end of last season was time to knock it on the head is looking increasingly as though it was correct. I don't care that we're losing games and playing badly. My heart isn't in it when I'm there unless it's a European game and today I just checked on the score at full time and haven't given it much thought until this post....I'm barely even watching football on the telly. Even when it's on it's background noise whilst I read or browse the internet. It's disappointing but last season has killed it for me

I'm getting sick of reading this sort of comment. It's total rubbish.

It's like saying the birth of your child was the happiest day of your life and then not giving a shit about the child after that because it can't be bettered.

I've still got the Everton match in my Sky planner and it will always be able to raise a tear or two. However, as soon as this season began, everything and everyone on the pitch went back to zero for me. I don't expect to ever see another season like last one but I do expect professionals to give a shit.

A win this season means every bit as much as it does every season.

I'm getting sick of reading this sort of comment. It's total rubbish.

It's like saying the birth of your child was the happiest day of your life and then not giving a shit about the child after that because it can't be bettered.

I've still got the Everton match in my Sky planner and it will always be able to raise a tear or two. However, as soon as this season began, everything and everyone on the pitch went back to zero for me. I don't expect to ever see another season like last one but I do expect professionals to give a shit.

It's not like that though, is it? Since this is only football. It doesn't matter.

I have kept lots of videos and memorabilia associated with last season. It was brilliant and will always mean the world to me. That isn't what my post was about.

Nor was my post about the attitudes of our players. I don't really care what they're feeling and I doubt very much that they give a shit what the fans are feeling.

My post was about how last season has changed the way I feel. I don't care of you're getting sick of such views or not. I do suggest you work on your reading comprehension though.

It's not like that though, is it? Since this is only football. It doesn't matter.

I have kept lots of videos and memorabilia associated with last season. It was brilliant and will always mean the world to me. That isn't what my post was about.

Nor was my post about the attitudes of our players. I don't really care what they're feeling and I doubt very much that they give a shit what the fans are feeling.

My post was about how last season has changed the way I feel. I don't care of you're getting sick of such views or not. I do suggest you work on your reading comprehension though.

I'm in complete agreement with you. Whilst last season was amazing and so glad it happened, it has kind of ruined football for me as I'm just not interested in it this season. I have barely watched a neutral game on TV this season. I turn up to the KP and I don't care if we win or lose.

I'm hoping that'll change next season.

I'm in complete agreement with you. Whilst last season was amazing and so glad it happened, it has kind of ruined football for me as I'm just not interested in it this season. I have barely watched a neutral game on TV this season. I turn up to the KP and I don't care if we win or lose.

I'm hoping that'll change next season.

I just cannot understand that attitude.

If the players feel the same then we are well and truly scuppered.

I just cannot understand that attitude.

If the players feel the same then we are well and truly scuppered.

I get that you don't feel it yourself and am envious of you in that regard. But it's bizarre to say you can't understand it. It's surely very easy to understand, if not to agree.

Perhaps 'attitude' was a poor word to use. There is nothing deliberate about this. It's just that the edge has been taken off. And without that 'edge' there seems to be little point in chucking time and money at it.

I cant decide whether Lee's post is a wind up or a genuine insight, no matter, but to me its becoming clear that we are lacking the level headedness and experience that the thai owners or whelan havent bought to the club once all the fun ended last season.

I would have expected Claudio to have foreseen the importance of getting everyone back to a sensible place and focussing on the basic task at hand, instead I'm quite annoyed at how dismissive he is of the league situation at the moment and saying as much when he was interviewed after the Chelsea game about accepting a hit to league form whilst we get the group stages of the UCL out of the way.

Last season the genuine mantra upto November with roughly the same starting 11 was 40 points. To me that gave me a level of assurance that he had the measure of this club and group of players yet this is missing this season.

I know we are unbeaten in the UCL but not that difficult in the group we are in and yet we have seriously rode our luck against copenhagen and porto, but do we see enough in this current group of player's form and attitude to fundamentaly shift in the coming weeks to be ready for a relegation battle?

Perhaps more worringly I dont see it in Claudio either at this point yet surely with his long years in the game he would be all over this?

Reactions: FIF

On the one hand you say that football doesn't matter, then you say last season meant the world to you. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Getting inside your head isn't easy, but I take it that you're saying that football no longer matters to you because last season was so good? If so, I will attempt to follow that illogical attitude as follows:

1. I support Leicester City and really like my football
2. My team achieves something magnificent, thereby giving me the best supporting experience of my life
3. I immediately stop caring about Leicester City because they've given me more than I ever dreamed of

Sorry, but I think this is insane.

On the one hand you say that football doesn't matter, then you say last season meant the world to you. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Getting inside your head isn't easy, but I take it that you're saying that football no longer matters to you because last season was so good? If so, I will attempt to follow that illogical attitude as follows:

1. I support Leicester City and really like my football
2. My team achieves something magnificent, thereby giving me the best supporting experience of my life
3. I immediately stop caring about Leicester City because they've given me more than I ever dreamed of

Sorry, but I think this is insane.

You've always come across as a reasonably bright chap so I can conclude that you are being deliberately dense. This really isn't difficult to understand, if only you try.

Football doesnt't matter in the scheme of things. The are numerous things in my life which are far more important than football. I have lots of sympathy for people who aren't in that position.

That's not to say I can't derive pleasure from it. But last season's achievement was such a high that nothing is ever going to compare again. No victory will feel as good. No defeat will feel as bad. Last season has numbed me to those things.

That being the case, it surely is not unreasonable to suggest that I should consider finding another way of spending my time and money at the weekend?

I'm pleased for you that you don't feel that way. I realise in the minority but that's hardly the point. This isn't a case of being right or wrong. It's a case of caring less about something than I did before. Your empathy is not required.

Aren't we here to discuss football and not our feelings?

Rubbish game. Needs to be sorted quickly. Shouldn't have to save ourselves to beat Bruges, they're rubbish. Should be beating teams like Watford and WBA - and with some ease! This season is basically already over for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566