Post Match Watford 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted. But it was clear he would miss from his body language. Nugent and King needed to take responsibility as senior pro's. that said, and I hate to say this- Watford were the better side in every dept and would make a fist of things in the premier league for sure. What Zola has done is exactly what errikson could not, and the blend of players he has rotated and managed to get consistency from is exceptional. They were bought out 1 WEEK before the start of the season.! Good luck to them in the final...

For me, Pearson must go:
- He shows loyalty to players who consistently make the same poor decisions in possesion going forward. Dyer, Knockaert, Nugent are some of our best but show DREADFUL decision making under pressure 9 times out of ten - which leads to our inconsistency. We've the best defence in the champ, but it counts for little when we are so so poor in the final third.
- Good players lose their spark under Pearson. Wood has gone downhill amid all the dressing room rumours and the fact that it would take Nostradamus to predict where dyer and Knockaert will cross the ball.
- poor signings: vardy, Kane and waghorn have been complete failures and all backed by Pearson ahead of others jettisoned players...he hasnt built a competitive squad as such. There's no plan B..
- Poor tactical decision making mid game. It was clear today that Schlupp would benefit from moving forward when dyer tired- with either de laet, Moore or Konch slotting in at lb. no such change was made with the ineffectual Kane put on who can't retain a long ball. This invited pressure and didn't exploit schlupp to keep their right back pushed back giving us more difficulty...

Neil Lennon IMO needs to be bought down on a good bunt...with kelvin Wilson to play with Morgan and a good couple of signings.
Lennon knows the championship, would be up for a challenge and could attract some new vibrant players.....
I'd only let Kane, waghorn, Danns, beckford, Gallagher and Whitbread go.
Team to be built around schmeichel, Moore, Morgan, king, wood, Knockaert, James.
Left back, left wing and another striker are key to our progression......
Onwards and upwards next season....

Gutted. But it was clear he would miss from his body language. Nugent and King needed to take responsibility as senior pro's. that said, and I hate to say this- Watford were the better side in every dept and would make a fist of things in the premier league for sure. What Zola has done is exactly what errikson could not, and the blend of players he has rotated and managed to get consistency from is exceptional. They were bought out 1 WEEK before the start of the season.! Good luck to them in the final...

For me, Pearson must go:
- He shows loyalty to players who consistently make the same poor decisions in possesion going forward. Dyer, Knockaert, Nugent are some of our best but show DREADFUL decision making under pressure 9 times out of ten - which leads to our inconsistency. We've the best defence in the champ, but it counts for little when we are so so poor in the final third.
- Good players lose their spark under Pearson. Wood has gone downhill amid all the dressing room rumours and the fact that it would take Nostradamus to predict where dyer and Knockaert will cross the ball.
- poor signings: vardy, Kane and waghorn have been complete failures and all backed by Pearson ahead of others jettisoned players...he hasnt built a competitive squad as such. There's no plan B..
- Poor tactical decision making mid game. It was clear today that Schlupp would benefit from moving forward when dyer tired- with either de laet, Moore or Konch slotting in at lb. no such change was made with the ineffectual Kane put on who can't retain a long ball. This invited pressure and didn't exploit schlupp to keep their right back pushed back giving us more difficulty...

Neil Lennon IMO needs to be bought down on a good bunt...with kelvin Wilson to play with Morgan and a good couple of signings.
Lennon knows the championship, would be up for a challenge and could attract some new vibrant players.....
I'd only let Kane, waghorn, Danns, beckford, Gallagher and Whitbread go.
Team to be built around schmeichel, Moore, Morgan, king, wood, Knockaert, James.
Left back, left wing and another striker are key to our progression......
Onwards and upwards next season....

A well thought out and considered post Sparky. I agree on Lennon FWIW

Massive, massive disappointment this afternoon has now given way to a feeling of pride in the way the players and Pearson have turned such an awful run around to put in the performances of the last 3 games. We, the fans have also been immense all season. I have doubted Pearson but I think he has done an a good job overall. How many of us would have taken what we have witnessed during the last couple of weeks at the start of the season. I certainly would. For me Pearson and the players have shown mental strength and character to turn it round for these last few games. It just makes you wonder why we had such a bad run. We have a good nucleus of players which includes 3 academy products in King, Schlupp and Moore and seasoned campaigners like Morgan and Nugent. Enough for me to say stick with Pearson and build.

Woo, just spotted myself on the picture special. Number 14, just to the right of pearson's bonce

Long blonde hair?

What is Zolas experience in the championship outside this season?

I've avoided the forum this afternoon as I've been in denial since the final whistle blew.

I somehow knew we were going to miss and as they broke all I could think of was Brentford v Doncaster on their final day. I cannot believe that has happened twice in the English game in such a short space of time.

I'm not going to bash Knockaert, he went for power and Almunia did great on the follow up. It's all well and good saying he should have stuck it in the corner but how man penalties did Matt Elliot score in the same manner as today's. It's just one of those things.

I thought over the two legs it was very tight. I felt we shaded the first leg and they shaded this. We matched them for the first hour and it the next 25 they did really dominate us, but for the final 5 I felt we were back to matching them. I hope that whoever goes through tomorrow beats Watford, just because I think they've abused the system. If they do go up the amount of signings they'll have to make will be unreal just to form a decent squad.

Anyway let's look forward to next season and support whoever's still here, although I doubt Pearson will be

I somehow knew we were going to miss and as they broke all I could think of was Brentford v Doncaster on their final day. I cannot believe that has happened twice in the English game in such a short space of time.

Something not entirely dissimilar also occurred in a game which was half English/half Welsh just 8 days ago.

I bet the ref can't either. Todays ref was the same as the Brentford v Doncaster game.

Last edited:
never a pen, dirty cheating frog

We were due to get Phil Dowd who ended up reffing the Everton game.

We should have had a penalty early in the game for that handball. Also, Wood wasn't offside and would have been 1 on 1 with their keeper. Plus, the Setanta 'channel' was appalling! At one stage it said they were having diffcuties due to adverse weather conditions! Jeez, I guess that's why we missed the penalty too.

I just watched it again. While I'm absolutely gutted it has to be said: what an incredible 30 seconds of football.

From a neutral perspective it was an absolutely amazing finish.

As a Leicester fan I'm gutted.

Neil Lennon

Yes, and why wouldn't he be interested in moving from a champions league team shoe beat Barcelona to a team with fans who expect heads to roll when we finish higher than the previous season?

I can't think at this point other than him playing for us, of a single other reason why Neil Lennon would at this point want to manage LCFC.

Why do people keep using Waghorn as an example of Pearson's poor signings? He did a decent job here on loan under Pearson as cover for Fryatt, which is all he was brought in for under Pearson - as cheap cover. It was Sousa (or rather Mandaric) who signed him for a ridiculously inflated price though, not Pearson (and tbf most of us were happy to get him at that point after he showed potential the previous season, even if it was for an inflated price)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670